/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What happened to these members?

Uthman
03-29-2008, 02:40 PM
:sl:

The accounts of a few Non-Muslim members were disabled a while back. I would really like to know why, because I had a great deal of respect for some of these members.

Like Wilberhum? And Cognescenti? Isambard?

Why have their accounts been disabled? They seemed respectful enough to me.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
03-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Wa Alaykum Salaam,

Contrary to the popular belief Mods don't enjoy banning people, so be sure there probably were reasons for anyone being banned, I'd suggest you'd pm a Supermod about it, and they'll investigate.

Al-Zaara
03-29-2008, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
PM a mod. You've been here long enough not to openly question such decisions. :p
Was just gonna say that! Argh, I'm too slow. I wanted to be the one to rant at this Oldtimer. <___<

No one gets banned for nothing, they broke rules, continued even though warned and that's the result, ban. I believe the Mods were patient enough with 'em, I was back then still a Mod and can remember that many really tried to avoid banning, but no use.

AvarAllahNoor
03-29-2008, 04:39 PM
I loiked 'em. Made an interesting debate.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Intisar
03-29-2008, 06:16 PM
:w: Contary to your belief, they were not respectful and as a result were banned. Constant insults and jabs towards our deen is not a sign of ''respect'' - and they were dealt with accordingly.

Ali.
03-29-2008, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
PM a mod. You've been here long enough not to openly question such decisions. :p

On the subject though, I never personally found Wilberhum as respectful as you think he was.

Same.

Sister-Ameena*'s post suggests they were banned for disrespectfulness. Is this the definite reason though, sis'?

Fishman
03-29-2008, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
:w: Contary to your belief, they were not respectful and as a result were banned. Constant insults and jabs towards our deen is not a sign of ''respect'' - and they were dealt with accordingly.
I didn't experience any 'constant insults' or 'jabs towards our deen', at least from good ol' Wilber. In my experience he only jabbed at extremists. But then again I don't frequent 'comparative religion', so I don't know what he was like there.

shible
03-29-2008, 06:56 PM
I hope the reason u weren't seeing such things was because.

The mods present during their posts used to edit any harmful contents . while displaying u only those feasible for the welfare of all the members.

Yet those who were into very serious debates with a proper source might knew that.

Yet i feel the balance of a day is measured by light (daytime) and dark(nighttime).

Likewise we should be also able to keep a proper balance on real world.

No Offense, Jus a thought

Uthman
03-29-2008, 08:42 PM

Thanks. I guess if they broke forum rules, then they should have been banned.

I am sorry if I gave the impression that I was questioning the decisions, or implying that mods banned members for no reason. I was simply enquiring as to the reason that they were banned. It probably isn't any of my business, but I did enjoy a good relationship with some of the members which made me want to know why.

Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Intisar
03-29-2008, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Same.

Sister-Ameena*'s post suggests they were banned for disrespectfulness. Is this the definite reason though, sis'?
Yes, it is akhee. :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
I didn't experience any 'constant insults' or 'jabs towards our deen', at least from good ol' Wilber. In my experience he only jabbed at extremists. But then again I don't frequent 'comparative religion', so I don't know what he was like there.
He would insult people out in the open in the ''World Affairs'' section and continued to harass people in PMs (including me). His ban was long over-due. Anyway this topic should be closed. There's simply no reason to have a discussion on why certain members were banned, because the mods closely keep an eye on whatever's going on the sections that they moderate. So it's only natural that they would have a better understanding of why someone should receive a warning, infraction, or a ban.

Allah knows best.

Let's use our time on being closer to Allaah Ta'ala inshaa Allaah.

Uthman
03-29-2008, 08:50 PM

Yeah, I agree it should be closed. But just to clarify; all I wanted to know was the reason that they were banned because I was friends with some of them and I have no way of contacting them anymore. I wasn't challenging the decisions taken by the forum leaders.

Indeed, Allah knows best.

barney
03-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Before the lock:

I thought all those guys were great.
Purest Ambrosia Rocked too. Always a great debater.

Al-Zaara
03-29-2008, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Purest Ambrosia Rocked too. Always a great debater.
I fully agree, but she requested her ban herself.

(changed her username to; Eve Persephone)

FatimaAsSideqah
03-29-2008, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
I fully agree, but she requested her ban herself.

(changed her username to; Eve Persephone)
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

When will she be back? Or is it banned for good?

I think she is very strong woman and great debater as well!! I like her as sister. May Allah Ta'ala rewards on her!

Al-Zaara
03-29-2008, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

When will she be back? Or is it banned for good?

I think she is very strong woman and great debater as well!! I like her as sister. May Allah Ta'ala rewards on her!
Aleykum selam we rahmetallahu we berekathu,

Amiin inshaAllah! She was adorable! :statisfie

But no, sorry, I have no idea if she'll come back. I hope so. imsad

FatimaAsSideqah
03-29-2008, 09:24 PM
Aleykum selam we rahmetallahu we berekathu,

Amiin inshaAllah! She was adorable! :statisfie

But no, sorry, I have no idea if she'll come back. I hope so. imsad
Aww Insha'Allah! :cry:

Jazaak'Allah Khair for reply, Sister.

Uthman
03-29-2008, 11:45 PM

Speaking of accounts being disabled, I'm thinking of having mine disabled for a while so that I can focus more on my upcoming exams, as per sister Ahlaam's advice (May Allah reward her).

I bet y'all will be glad to see the back of me. And I'll quit clogging up the WA section...for a while. I still don't know whether I can go through with it though. :D

Anyway, I'm guessing the time for idle chat will soon be over. I annoy sister Al-Zaara way too much. With all my bump smilies and now this thread :rollseyes. I'm such a troublemaker.

AvarAllahNoor
03-30-2008, 12:12 AM
^^ Osman, I'll miss you if you go. But study is important (do I sound like a parent?)

I can multitask, so no wy you lot are getting rid of me yet. Well, unless I get banned!
:D

IbnAbdulHakim
03-30-2008, 12:23 AM
no i wont be happy to see the back of you :(

barney
03-30-2008, 12:25 AM
Whilst fully aware that my posts can be controvesial, before im banned nine ways to ninepenece, id like to say that the LI mods really rock. Theyre all reasonably fair and just.

Cog, Willb, P.A. All sadly missed In My Opinion. All added to a thread in many ways.

Al-Zaara
03-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Selam aleykum,

format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

Speaking of accounts being disabled, I'm thinking of having mine disabled for a while so that I can focus more on my upcoming exams, as per sister Ahlaam's advice (May Allah reward her).
Amiin!

I bet y'all will be glad to see the back of me. And I'll quit clogging up the WA section...for a while. I still don't know whether I can go through with it though. :D
It's all up to you, really. But I gotta admit the WA section has become more interesting, thanks to you. But see, it can be that even though LI is not an option to you anymore, you do something else with your time that has nothing to do with your exams!

This is why it's much about your own will and how disciplined you are about this. Others have claimed LI makes them happy and "breath" for a while, after studying.. Maybe that is your case too? Maybe you do not need a ban. Maybe. But I do admit, better safe than sorry.

Anyway, I'm guessing the time for idle chat will soon be over. I annoy sister Al-Zaara way too much. With all my bump smilies and now this thread :rollseyes. I'm such a troublemaker.

Haha, silly.

But in all seriousness barney&Avar, stop acting as if you're "dying", i.e. getting banned soon. ;D

barney
03-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Selam aleykum,

But in all seriousness barney&Avar, stop acting as if you're "dying", i.e. getting banned soon. ;D
I can see the Mighty Banhammer falling as i type!

Al-Zaara
03-30-2008, 09:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
I can see the Mighty Banhammer falling as i type!
Haha! ;D

I'd require a good bunch of proof showing you really deserved it then. :rollseyes

Ebtisweetsam
03-30-2008, 10:10 AM
I believe they should be given something like a temporary three month ban, then a six month ban, then disabled for good. Sometimes, leaving for a while gets you thinking about why you were banned, and makes you change your ways.....

shible
03-31-2008, 07:13 PM
Well i am not aware of my status towards that ban ring.

Hopefully , I think i would stay a bit longer than getting banned.

Yet HE (ALLAH) knows best

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.