/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Man who did not pray..

muslimah_online
04-02-2008, 09:18 AM
:sl:
salaam dear brothers and sisters,
:cry: i had encoutered a trouble i myself could not do anything about it for i am just a young muslim with little knowledge of Islam.

My father had been married with my mother for over 20 years now... however so, he did not commit himself into praying 5 times a day. I am truly sad and don't know what to do. Please assist me in doing what's correct. i am afraid of my father because i had a traumatic experience with him when i was young because he always hit me and my other siblings. i am scared still but i hope that he would change. my mom is the only one praying at home besides me. my brother had taken my father's footstep and did not perform his prayers. I felt so sad. I could see what badness of not performing prayers could do on people because i witness it almost every friday.

:cry:i don't know what i should i do. where do i stand as a his child to persuade him into doing his prayers.. please, anyone, advise me..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
04-02-2008, 10:11 AM
:salamext:

*bump

someone advise inshaaAllaah

FatimaAsSideqah
04-02-2008, 01:53 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

I am really sorry to hear about your story.

So you could tell to your father as follow as my advise ok?

The position of prayer is very important and unequalled by any act of other worship. It is the basic feature of the faith and the pillar upholding it. Like the pole of a tent without which it cannot stand straight, Islam cannot stand without prayers.

Prayer is the first duty imposed by Allah upon mankind after that of belief in the oneness of Allah. Prayers are also an act to be accounted for on the Day of Judgement among other deeds carried out by servants of Allah.

The Prophet (PBUH) said: “The first thing of the slave to be reckoned on the Day of Judgement will be his Prayer. If it is good, the rest of his deeds will be (accounted as) good. And if it is rotten, the rest of his deeds will be rotten”. (Tabarani) Which is taken from my Hadith book.

Prayer constitutes one pillar of Islam and is considered the foundation of religion. Any Muslim who fails to do his prayers and has no reasonable excuse is committing a grave offense and a heinous sin. This offense is so grave because it is not only against Allah, which is bad enough, but also against the very nature of man. It is an instinct of man to adore the great beings, and to aspire to lofty goals. The best way for man to cultivate a sound personality and to actualize his aspirations through a mature course of development is through Islamic prayer. To neglect prayer is to oppress the good qualities in human nature and unjustifiably deny it the right to adore and love, the right to aspire and ascend, the right to excel in goodness and achieve noble aims. Such oppression and denial constitute a very serious and destructive offense. Herein lies the significance and vitality of prayer in the life of man.

It should always be borne in mind that Allah does not need man’s prayer, because He is free of all needs. He is only interested in our prosperity and well-being in every sense. When He emphasizes the necessity of prayer and charges us with a duty, He means to help us, because whatever good we do is for our own benefit, and whatever offence we commit is against our own souls. Here, too, man is the center of gravity, and his common interest is the main concern. The benefits that man can derive from the Islamic prayer are immeasurable, and the blessings beyond imagination. This is not just a theory or conventional assumption; it is a fascinating fact and a spiritual experience.

I will tell you the effectiveness of prayer:

1. It strengthens the belief in the existence and goodness of Allah and transmits this belief into the innermost recesses of man’s heart.
  2. It enlivens this belief and makes it constructive in the practical course of life.
  3. It helps man to realize his natural and instinctive aspiration to greatness and high morality, to excellence and virtuous growth.
  4. It purifies the heart and develops the mind, cultivates the conscience and comforts the soul.
  5. It fosters the good and decent elements in man, and suppresses the evil and indecent inclinations.

You can tell to your father about the effectiveness of prayer. He might change of his way, Insha'Allah!

Insha'Allah, my advices will be helpful. Please let me know if any of my advices are incorrect.

Snowflake
04-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Oh dear sis, my heart goes out to you. I don't know if your father will appreciate you giving him advice, even though that's a good thing. He may feel ashamed that his own daughter is 'telling him what he should be doing'. And instead of shame making him acknowledge his mistakes, it may make him angry if he's not strong enough to handle it.

I suggest you talk to your mother and she talks to your father about this matter. She should also make sure your father sees her fulfilling her islamic obligations, so that it may make him aware of what he should be doing. At the end of the day sis, you cannot change your father, only Allah can - as hidayah comes from Him alone. Do make lots of duaa for your father.

In general recite Surah al Bakarah....
Abu Huraira reported that the messenger of Allah (saw) said, "Do not turn your houses into graves. Shaitaan is barred from any house in which Surah al-Baqarah is recited." (muslim 780, 4: 1707)

Fi aman Allah sis

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
04-03-2008, 07:13 AM
Greetings and peace be with you muslimah_online;

As Muslimah_sis says, only Allah can change your father.

Pray for your father, and you might find a way to gently say to your father that you have been praying for him.

In the spirit of searching for a peace that surpasses all understanding.

Eric

muslimah_online
04-03-2008, 07:44 AM
Salaam dear brothers and sisters of Islam,
I had yet forgotten to tell you that it was and is my mother the breadwinner of our family. Due to this, somehow, my father had very low level of self-esteem when talking with my mother. He had sometimes used harsh words against her. My Mother had tried everything to help him control his anger and yet maybe because he felt inferior to her, he take for granted on most of the things she said. Right this very hour, i had been sending my father emails on the advice given to me by your glad hearts (Alhamdulillah, Allah is very Merciful) as an anonymous because i still fear him for he will use foul words against anybody (really) that make him angry. Thank you for your advices but please assist me in my mission to make him pray

Snowflake
04-04-2008, 11:05 AM
I hope your emails have a positive effect on your father inshaAllah. As Eric also said, the best thing you can do is make dua. Duaas call for a lot of faith and patience - they might take time coming to fruition. So one must persevere and not give up if matters don't change as quickly as one wishes. Let this duaa stay on your lips constantly and especially after salah. I personally find that the duaa which is made with sincerity and humility, in pain or tears, is either accepted sooner or your anguish is replaced by peace of heart and mind.

Pray salatul hajat inshaAllah and ask of Allah to grant hidayah to your father. It's a prayer offered for a particular need or purpose. After ablution, offer two voluntary rakahs and then make sincere duaa stating what you want to accomplish and request Allah swt's help in it.

Abu Darda (ra) relates that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Whoever performs ablution well and offers two voluntary rakahs and completes them to perfection will be granted by God whatever he prays for, either immediately or in Allah's good time."

SubhanAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.