/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Interesting years!!

Huma*
04-06-2008, 11:34 AM
:sl:

INTERESTING YEAR 1981

1. Prince Charles married.
2. Liverpool crowned soccer champions of Eurpoe.
3. Australia lost the Ashes.
4. The Pope died.

INTERESTING YEAR 2005

4. The Pope died.

LESSON LEARNED!!!

The next time Charles gets married, someone warn the pope.... :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
04-06-2008, 11:36 AM
:salamext:

Your not allowed to believe in fortune telling in Islaam sis. This is a kind of shirk.

Huma*
04-06-2008, 11:40 AM

yup I knew it, thats why it has been posted in "Puzzle & Humour" section..

Al-Zaara
04-06-2008, 11:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

Your not allowed to believe in fortune telling in Islaam sis. This is a kind of shirk.
It's funny you say this. It's the humour and fun section. I honestly DOUBT the sister believes in fortune-telling and that "that was her point with this thread".

I found it funny, same things happened again. Kinda like history repeats itself-thingy, which is interesting.

I'm sure this has been posted before, but thanks Humaira*! :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
m102313
04-06-2008, 12:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

LOL! You took it too seriously. :D

BTW, LIVERPOOL THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD!!!!

S1aveofA11ah
04-06-2008, 12:24 PM
SubhanAllah.

Just a reminder to all. Jokes are jokes but jokes which entail lying are not good in Islam. Incomparibly worse are those jokes with shirk type aspects embedded in them. The fact that someone can say this is "too serious" doesn't surprise me with the state of the Ummah today.

The companions of the Prophet (peace be upon him) used to be SO concerned about the minor shirk. Imagine our state nowadays with the major shirk. Look how the Ummah is engrossed in major shirk (calling upon the living or dead for example via du'a) and look at the Muslims being destroyed as a result of it.

To point out that these dates/events repeat (and that it is a rarity) would have been sufficient; not to add that joke on it.

------
04-06-2008, 12:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S1aveofA11ah
SubhanAllah.

Just a reminder to all. Jokes are jokes but jokes which entail lying are not good in Islam. Incomparibly worse are those jokes with shirk type aspects embedded in them. The fact that someone can say this is "too serious" doesn't surprise me with the state of the Ummah today.

The companions of the Prophet (peace be upon him) used to be SO concerned about the minor shirk. Imagine our state nowadays with the major shirk. Look how the Ummah is engrossed in major shirk (calling upon the living or dead for example via du'a) and look at the Muslims being destroyed as a result of it.

To point out that these dates/events repeat (and that it is a rarity) would have been sufficient; not to add that joke on it.

Jazaak Allaah Khayr for this.

Huma*
04-06-2008, 04:39 PM

I posted it coz I found it interesting and funny... even if Charles gets married, nobody is going to run after the Pope to warn him lol... its just a laughable thing nothing serious.. take it easy..

If its still not clear then let me know, I'll post a request to remove this thread.. okay?

Soulja Girl
04-06-2008, 06:12 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Humaira*
INTERESTING YEAR 1981
4. The Pope died.
INTERESTING YEAR 2005
4. The Pope died.
^Wow, I'd call that coincidence! Tis cool though! :)
"Liverpool crowned soccer champions of Europe in 2005" <I'll never forget this day! :D

:w:

FatimaAsSideqah
04-06-2008, 07:59 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

I will be honest for now.

Imaam al-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said: “The kind of joking which is forbidden is that which is excessive and persistent, for it leads to too much laughter and hardening of the heart, it distracts from remembrance of Allah, and it often leads to hurt feelings, generates hatred and causes people to lose respect and dignity. But whoever is safe from such dangers, then that which the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) used to do is permissible for him.”

Sa’d ibn Abi Waqqaas said: “Set a limit to your jokes, for going to extremes makes you lose respect and incites the foolish against you.”

------
04-07-2008, 11:01 AM

^ Jazaak Allaah sis :)

Al-Zaara
04-07-2008, 12:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

I will be honest for now.

Imaam al-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said: “The kind of joking which is forbidden is that which is excessive and persistent, for it leads to too much laughter and hardening of the heart, it distracts from remembrance of Allah, and it often leads to hurt feelings, generates hatred and causes people to lose respect and dignity. But whoever is safe from such dangers, then that which the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) used to do is permissible for him.”

Sa’d ibn Abi Waqqaas said: “Set a limit to your jokes, for going to extremes makes you lose respect and incites the foolish against you.”
Now this "joke" made, didn't contradict any of these. I doubt anyone laughed or even grinned for more than 2 seconds.

As someone said, this coincident was interesting and the "joke" in this was sarcastical. Of course, it wasn't necessary to put it there, but now it was put.

I re-call seeing much worse (i e jokes causing one to laugh a lot), and under those circumstances nobody opposed. Maybe people just love to laugh when it suits them.

This has got already too much attention, subhanAllah.

Selam aleykum we rahmetallahu

Tilmeez
04-07-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm sure this has been posted before, but thanks Humaira*! :D
Same here. still thanks for Humaira for Re-posting....

**Murmuring**[IN OUR TIMES POST A THREAD AND A MOD WOULD BE STANDING THERE WITH VERY POLITE SCOLDING ... please search forums before u post..hunh... and then THREADS MARGED!! :d

Ebtisweetsam
04-08-2008, 01:11 AM
:DLOL, what a classic!!!:D:D

*Hana*
04-08-2008, 01:47 AM
Oh People get a grip! It was a JOKE!!! And a very funny one at that.

NO, don't move it! If people don't want to read it then they shouldn't enter the humour section of the forum!

Ufffff :enough!:

Thanks for posting!!

Hana

Tilmeez
04-08-2008, 04:49 AM
:DLOL, what a classic!!!:D:D
if this is for my post? if so than you are the second one to understand the joke i tried!!:D
Oh People get a grip! It was a JOKE!!! And a very funny one at that.
my MOM hates repeating jokes over and over again. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.