/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arabic For Dummies

Abu Rago
04-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Arabic For Dummies

Arabic For Dummies presents the language in the classic, laid-back For Dummies style. Taking a relaxed approach to this difficult language, it’s packed with practice dialogues and communication tips that will have you talking the talk in no time. You’ll get the scoop on: * The Arabic alphabet, pronunciation, basic grammar, and the rules of transliteration * The history of the language and information on classical Arabic and its dialects * How to make small talk and make yourself understood when dining, shopping, or traveling around town * How to communicate on the phone and in business conversations * Handy words and phrases for dealing with money, directions, hotels, transportation, and emergencies * Arabic culture and etiquette, including ten things you should never do in Arabic countries The book also includes an Arabic-English dictionary, verb tables, and an audio CD with dialogues from the book to help you perfect your pronunciation. Written by a native Arabic speaker who helped start a year-round Arabic department at Middlebury College, Arabic For Dummies is just what you need to start making yourself understood in Arabic. Code: TITLE : Arabic For Dummies (paperback+CDROM)

E Book [3 MB]
Audio CD [38 MB]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
04-08-2008, 07:35 PM
I can't open it after I downloaded it..

jzcasejz
04-08-2008, 07:43 PM
^ You need WinRar to open the file. http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar371.exe

Anyways, one thing I don't like about this book is, well almost everything lol. There's practically no Arabic text in this book, so that's a major disadvantage. Nonetheless, JazaakAllaah Khayr for posting it. :)

...and btw, I see you're a full member now! :thumbs_up

Pk_#2
04-08-2008, 07:53 PM
JazakAllah khair,

I clicked on it, was I meant to? Well something happened and I tried it again, still no use.

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jzcasejz
04-09-2008, 10:16 AM
^ Try this one out: http://www.4shared.com/file/43526278...r_Dummies.html

There's instructions on-screen...

------
04-09-2008, 10:18 AM
:salamext:

The title made me smile lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.