/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Role play involving school-based situations..

*~Sofia~*
04-10-2008, 12:49 PM
:sl: everyone..

I have an interview on Monday at a uni for a PGCE course. Im very nervous about it.. it's got 4 parts to it *gulp* :phew

One of the parts is a group role play based on school situations... I don't know what to expect and im kinda scared! feel +o( just thinking about it

Would you guys give me a situation that I would find myself in during class, and i'll see if I can come up with a solution or something.. I know it sounds a bit dumb but I want to prepare myself :X

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
04-10-2008, 02:13 PM
ok Assalamu Alaikum

umm im guessing its a primary school? or secondary?

i'll give scenario for both:

primary: you are trying to teach the kid that 15-3 = 12 but he insists your mistaken and its 13, WHAT do you do?

secondary: A boy refuses to hand in homework, and he tells you its because he doesnt need to do it !

to be honest i dont have a clue what the interview will consist of, let me know if my questions came up !

Assalamu aliakum

GuCcI
04-15-2008, 01:31 AM
uhhh... in elementary school if a kid looked like he was being picked on/bullied but too afraid to come up to you. do you think its up to you to take initiative?

and uhhh for high school, :?

howzabout a student who keeps getting low marks. what do u do to help that student.

*~Sofia~*
04-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Salam brother & sister

Jazakhallah to both of you who gave me a scenario.. I had the interview yesterday, and Alhamdulillah I think it went well. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! Subhanallah they only gave one role play :statisfie and it was this:

Im a trainee teacher working with another trainee and I want to use worksheets with the children, whereas my partner wants to use the interactive whiteboard. And I just had to persuade him to use the worksheets.. pretty simple eh? :D
In the end, we just came up with a solution of using both worksheets & the interactive white-board, so it was a win-win situation all round :D

They will be letting me know in the next few days if i've got a place or not :phew:phew please remember me in your du'as inshallah.

Jazakhallah again for the help. I pray that Allah (swt) rewards you for your efforts.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
.: Jannati :.
04-20-2008, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *~Sofia~*
Salam brother & sister

Jazakhallah to both of you who gave me a scenario.. I had the interview yesterday, and Alhamdulillah I think it went well. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! Subhanallah they only gave one role play :statisfie and it was this:

Im a trainee teacher working with another trainee and I want to use worksheets with the children, whereas my partner wants to use the interactive whiteboard. And I just had to persuade him to use the worksheets.. pretty simple eh? :D
In the end, we just came up with a solution of using both worksheets & the interactive white-board, so it was a win-win situation all round :D

They will be letting me know in the next few days if i've got a place or not :phew:phew please remember me in your du'as inshallah.

Jazakhallah again for the help. I pray that Allah (swt) rewards you for your efforts.

:sl:

sis check ur reps *winks* lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.