/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Seeking a good scholarly book about Islam.

Johndigger
04-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Hoy there!

I am a Catholic investigating Islam, can you reccommend a book written by a Muslim Scholar that looks at Islam from both a historical and belief perspective?

Less from an "airy-fairy" spiritual/prayer perspective and more from a solid historical basis. (Although, obviously, the prayer part is important, it's not what I'm looking for in this particular book)

Thanks in advance,

JD

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abu Thabit
05-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Hi John,

Stories of the Prophets for Ibn Kathir (its a part from a big historic book called "Al-Bidayah wa An-Nihayah" "The Beginning and the End") you will find it here:

http://www.dar-us-salam.com/store/ma...de=Eng_History

Im not sure if there is a translation of the whole book, but there is two parts of it is that is translated and Stories of the Prophets (which talks about the true religion of all of the Prophets peace be upon them) is one of them which will help you alot, because understanding the story of the Prophets will lead you to understand Islam more.

sorry for the late reply

Peace

- Qatada -
05-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Hi :)

You can check out some Excellent resources on Islam listed HERE.

Ghira
05-15-2008, 12:39 AM
Good question, I am not sure but if you find a good one post it on this forum

Check this link out in this forum and browse through the books
http://www.islamicboard.com/educatio...mend-book.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wth1257
05-16-2008, 04:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Johndigger
Hoy there!

I am a Catholic investigating Islam, can you reccommend a book written by a Muslim Scholar that looks at Islam from both a historical and belief perspective?

Less from an "airy-fairy" spiritual/prayer perspective and more from a solid historical basis. (Although, obviously, the prayer part is important, it's not what I'm looking for in this particular book)

Thanks in advance,

JD
:?
"No god but God"
-Reza Aslan

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-21-2008, 06:28 PM
^^I've heard of that. Might be good to read.

M H Kahn
05-23-2008, 10:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Johndigger
Hoy there!

Thanks in advance,

JD
You have to read the Quran only first!

Armand
05-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Peace,

I recommend you read Martin Ling's Muhammad: His Life Based On The Earliest Sources. The book is available online and has attracted the attention of countless Muslims and non Muslims alike.

All the best,

Armand

Questfortruth
06-01-2008, 10:22 AM
I would suggest reading this book
http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/B..._tsn/index.htm
Its called the The Sealed Nectar its free on that link. This book will give you insight on Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him and his life.

islamicbooks
08-19-2008, 02:01 AM
Assalamualikum. Please check out great books at this website. All the books there are authentic and should serve the purpose.

Authentic Islamic Books and Media- Click here

I hope your interest in Islam is quite benificial.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.