/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Child with High Functioning ASD

Selising
04-24-2008, 02:16 AM
Anybody has a child with High Functioning Autistic Syndrome Disorder? My second child is one. He can read English, Malay, Arabic. He can write roman very well. never see him write the arabic character. He won second place at Tilawah for Special Child for primary scholl this week.

But being a special child, he refuse to pay attentio at school just like other child, but he can hear what teacher was saying and he can answer if the teascher asked him question. But he failed his exam. He just got 8%, 4% and even 0% for his marks. so this year we decided to move him to special class with all special kids.

Doctor suggest that he goes to normal class half of the time and special class the other half. Since he just entered the special class program, Teachers decided that he has to follow the program for 4 months until they decided what to do with him.

I joined parents groups for Autism at my area. they are now having arts exhibition. I have't go to the exhibition yet, but they said the artworks is so wonderful. my son is very good at drawing animals since he love to watch National Geography but he is **** scared of animals. He will runaway if he see a cat, cochroaches, lizard. So, he will not become a good zoologist. Once he said he wants to be a cook, but he is very choosy at food. All ASD child are choosy.

What do you think if I encourage him to do arts. Painting, drawing, sculpture. When he draw a crocodile, you can see how detail he is about that creature. he loves to draw horse, dinosours, elephants and crocodiles. but he cannot use the whole area. only one item on a piece of paper. does painting of animals allowed in Islam?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
04-24-2008, 07:45 AM
Edit

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.