/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question About A Hadith

snakelegs
04-24-2008, 06:54 AM
does anyone have any idea what the part in bold means/refers to?
thanks!

it's from sahih muslim

Book 001, Number 0271:
It is narrated on the authority of Ibn 'Umar ('Abdullah b. 'Umar) that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed: Verily Islam started as something strange and it would again revert (to its old position) of being strange just as it started, and it would recede between the two mosques just as the serpent crawls back into its hole.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...m/001.smt.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
04-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Soz. Check this out: http://orkislam.blogspot.com/2008/02...-stranger.html

snakelegs
04-25-2008, 12:59 AM
thanks happy. i understand that part. it is usually just the first part of the hadith that is referred to. it was the last part that intrigued me - "it would again revert (to its old position) of being strange just as it started, and it would recede between the two mosques just as the serpent crawls back into its hole."
it sounds like a symbolic reference - does anyone know its meaning?

- Qatada -
04-25-2008, 05:15 AM
I've heard in some talks that it may just return to Makkah and Medinah, like the beginning.. and Allah knows best. I heard that it may be near the time of Al-Dajjal, when Islam returns back to Makkah or Medinah, because only them two cities will be protected from his trials, and the rest of the world will be effected by his evil. Allah knows best.

It's quite surprising though, how alot of nations in the world are returning to the ways of their forefathers. Where the born-muslim youth know their culture more than even the basics of their religion.. so even Muslims feel strange amongst their own Muslim brothers and sisters.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
i_m_tipu
04-25-2008, 06:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
I've heard in some talks that it may just return to Makkah and Medinah, like the beginning.. and Allah knows best. I heard that it may be near the time of Al-Dajjal, when Islam returns back to Makkah or Medinah, because only them two cities will be protected from his trials, and the rest of the world will be effected by his evil. Allah knows best.

It's quite surprising though, how alot of nations in the world are returning to the ways of their forefathers. Where the born-muslim youth know their culture more than even the basics of their religion.. so even Muslims feel strange amongst their own Muslim brothers and sisters.
:sl: bro

I find myself interested to add this.

Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) arrived in the day of ignorance. That time people believed in many false beliefs, they believed in many shirk and tagud was their wali (Guardian/ Protector) and friend. If any play dice every night, cheat others, drunk every night, use woman like a products they call them high spirited man. Comitte crime, unlawfull relation and doing adultery was very normal to their culture.

People will be like the time of ignorance it may be near the time of Al-Dajjal. That time It will be easy to hold fire in hand than to hold iman. May Allaah save us.
And Allaah know the best.

snakelegs
04-25-2008, 06:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -

so the 2 mosques would be makkah and medinah.... which will be protected. that makes sense.
it just sounds heavily symbolic - almost like a dream image, that it really caught my attention. i've seen this hadith often - but never the entire hadith, for some reason.
btw, i don't find it surprising that many are returning to the ways of their forefathers - many of us are drowning in material abundance while hungering spiritually.
thanks!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-25-2008, 03:15 PM
^^ I agree! It's true.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.