/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Peer Fakeers Urs Mazars

c451m
04-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Assalamoalaikum,
I am posting a question regarding the concept of PEER FAQEER MAZARS URS, what Quran says about these, just had a discussion with a friend but I am confused is it right to celebrate urs like we do in South Asia, doing qawallies, chiragah and one interesting thing I came to know that my friend he said that there is mazar in Pak Patan and urs is celebrated every year in Muharram, and there is some kind of Door Bab ul Jannat, that if you pass that door you will get sawab:X , what I want to know is the concept and sayings of Prophet Muhammed SAW in their own words , Hope you understand the question.
AllahHafiz

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
04-25-2008, 01:28 PM
:salamext:

bump someone help

chacha_jalebi
04-25-2008, 02:22 PM
salaam

pakis and their beliefs eh!

1st of all thats a ridiculous belief! all of sufism is ridiculous to be honest,

and in islaam, there are only two celebrations - eid ul fitr and eid ul adha, urs and all these grave goin is rubbish, Allah (swt) says in surah fatir v 22 "those that are in the graves cannot hear" yet you see in paki land they go to graves and tell the dead their problems and ask them to pray for them, pssssh!!

this is a massive, topic but in the question you asked, no no, just because you walk through a door you cant get reward, that just a stupid sufi believe

the best way to answer sufis, is just ask a sufi boy, bro please give evidence from Quraan and sunnah, thats it lol, because they cant give any evidence

MSalman
04-25-2008, 02:32 PM
^chacha jee, blaming only poor pakis is not good; this is found pretty much all over the world in Muslims, non-Muslims.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
c451m
04-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Assalamoalaikum,
Yeah that what I believe, no wonder that they were pious and naik banday,but what people do is totally wrong, celebrating and all that chiraghaan. the one in PakPattan is of data ganj shakers mazar i guess where the Door is .

c451m
04-25-2008, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamiclife
^chacha jee, blaming only poor pakis is not good; this is found pretty much all over the world in Muslims, non-Muslims.
To be honest with you its all over south asia !

chacha_jalebi
04-25-2008, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamiclife
yeaah ofcourse, but in pakistan ive seen it, sooo i can relate too it, thats why i usin it as a example,

Assalamoalaikum,
Yeah that what I believe, no wonder that they were pious and naik banday,but what people do is totally wrong, celebrating and all that chiraghaan. the one in PakPattan is of data ganj shakers mazar i guess where the Door is .
yup, we say they were good people, even though their stories are questionable just to be on the safe side we say they are good people, but they are dead, they cant benefit us, :D

and the best way to answer someone who says dodgy stuff, is simple, just say give me evidence!

ahsan28
04-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Such activities have no place in Islam.

Pakistan's leading scholar Mufti Taqi Usmani commenting upon Rabi'ul-Awwal celebrations says:-

"The reason for abstinence from such celebrations is that they divert the attention of people from the real teachings of Islam towards the observance of some formal activities only. Initially, these celebrations may begin with utmost piety and with a bonafide intention to pay homage to a pious person. Yet, the experience shows that the celebration is ultimately mixed up with an element of merrymaking and rejoicing and is generally confused with secular festivals and the secular, and often sinful, activities creep into it gradually".

According to the scholar:-

The Holy Qur'an has clearly pronounced on the occasion of the last Hajj of the Holy Prophet, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam: "Today, I have completed the teachings of your religion." [Al-Maida 5:3]

It means that all the teachings of Islam were communicated to the Muslims through the Holy Qur'an and the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam. No one is allowed after it to add any thing to them as a part of religion. What was not a part of religion during the lifetime of the Holy Prophet, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, can never become part of it. Such additions are termed by the Holy Prophet, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, as Bid'ah or innovation.

http://www.albalagh.net/general/rabi-ul-awwal.shtml

M H Kahn
05-01-2008, 06:44 PM
There is nothing like a peer, a fakir in Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.