PDA

View Full Version : The Price for Rice has gone up



EloiAlpha Omega
04-27-2008, 07:00 AM
This is bad. bad and bad with a capital B.

That's totally inexcusable. Rice is a staple food for many countries
especially the third world countries in asia.

They say that there going to increase the price rice to make more "fuel". That's nonsense and we all know it.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
04-27-2008, 07:05 AM
Food prices are going up around the world. It is quite a worrying development.







Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7348807.stm
Reply

EloiAlpha Omega
04-27-2008, 07:16 AM
Rumors has it that these scientists ....

are trying to enhance a grain of rice by planting inside it the genes of a peanut.

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

It could be a good bandage to help out starvation and malnutrition.

But then again, we all know ....

that mostly all the catastrophes that are happening around the world right now

is the result of not following the basic principles of God's laws.
Reply

nonmuslim
04-27-2008, 07:43 AM
Its a crazy situation, really, and it is something I don't understand. There is plenty to go around, except many have too much...
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
north_malaysian
04-28-2008, 08:00 AM
The price has gone up in Malaysia too...

But there are no panics as the rice supply are still ok.

We only produced 70% of rice consumption in Malaysia. We have to import the remaining 30% from Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar and Pakistan.
Reply

Snowflake
04-28-2008, 08:26 AM
It's the same in Pakistan and Bangladesh. Wheat prices are extortionate in Pak right now. The poor can barely afford one meal a day, if that. imsad

As a result the price of rice imported from Pak have also gone up in the UK. The Laila brand which was £4.99 (5kg) a bag is now £8.99 :hmm:
Reply

------
04-28-2008, 08:41 AM
:salamext:

The poor can barely afford one meal a day, if that.
I know, its pathetic. Sheesh, at least think about the poor people if anything!! imsad
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 05:53 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 10:09 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2006, 12:03 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-01-2006, 10:08 PM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-05-2005, 02:59 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!