/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why can't we delete our own posts?

Ali.
04-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Just wondering, because sometimes we need to (e.g. double post).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
04-27-2008, 03:36 PM
You could always edit and just remove all typing ... and then ask the mods to remove it completely.

Ali.
04-27-2008, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
You could always edit and just remove all typing ... and then ask the mods to remove it completely.
I know, but why aren't we given the option to delete? Is there a specific reason?

Woodrow
04-27-2008, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
I know, but why aren't we given the option to delete? Is there a specific reason?
It was a decision made by the originating Admins. I am not certain the exact reason why. However, it has proven to be a good thing on occasion. I personally like it being that way, as it is a very strong deterrent to idle cross gender conversations. On forums were members can delete their own posts I find it is often abused and becomes a tool to be used for personal messages, and being deleted before a mod can see it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali.
04-27-2008, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
It was a decision made by the originating Admins. I am not certain the exact reason why. However, it has proven to be a good thing on occasion. I personally like it being that way, as it is a very strong deterrent to idle cross gender conversations. On forums were members can delete their own posts I find it is often abused and becomes a tool to be used for personal messages, and being deleted before a mod can see it.
Ah, I see.

Thanks, Woodrow bro' :)

- Qatada -
04-27-2008, 07:23 PM
:salamext:

Plus the moddies feel chuffed when u pm em to delete something for u! :D

mesin lol :p

chacha_jalebi
04-27-2008, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
:salamext:

Plus the moddies feel chuffed when u pm em to delete something for u! :D

mesin lol :p
:D:raging::D:D

Why Cant We Delete our own posts, Just wondering, because sometimes we need to (e.g. double post).
erm because your not a mod :shade:

naa bro ali, i think woody answered your question, also editing is similiar to deletingg innaay

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!