/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Evil Manifest?

Nerd
04-28-2008, 05:03 PM
I was quite young when I was first introduced to the Islamic concept of the Antichrist (Arabic الدّجّال for the Deceiver/Impostor) and until last night I knew relatively nothing about him except that I was to flee when and if I ever caught sight of him. In order to know more I watched a video of a speech given by Canadian Islamic scholar Dr. Bilal Philips on the subject of the Antichrist.Philips began his speech first by comparing the different versions of the Antichrist. He found the reference in the Christian scrolls to be to be vague and obscure. He continued to dig deeper into history by examining the Jewish scrolls (namely the Book of Daniel) and ridiculed the description found therein. Finally, he moved on to the Islamic concept after an initial bout of praise for the complexity in the narrations by the Prophet’s companions.

According to Philips, the Antichrist is a sun-tanned Caucasian male, with a muscular physique, stooped back, curly hair, green eyes (of which one is blind), protruding forehead and a most prominent feature, the Arabic letters ف , ك and ر which would be deciphered by all devout Moslems, regardless of their literacy, as the mark of the Disbeliever.

Then Philips began describing his earthly manifestation prior to the Day of Resurrection. Three years before the Antichrist is set to appear, God shall command the skies to withhold a third of its rain and the Earth a third of its produce. The second year two-thirds and everything on the third year. Then only would the Antichrist appear before man, bearing powers only a god could possess. He shall carry mountains of bread and meat, along with rivers from both Heaven and Hell, he shall be able to raise the dead, cure the sick and fling those who oppose him into the pits of Hell for all to see. (These contesters enter the real Heaven as Martyrs). Most important of all, he shall claim to be God. This ultimate trial of faith will save the faithful who reject him and bring out the infidels and the hypocrites who align with him. The latter will suffer eternal ****ation.

I listened intently but all the while I was disturbed by an irritable conflict with the circumstances with which the Antichrist appears. Philips mentioned that he will be preceded by the Mahdi who will wage a global war against the infidels (a sort of crusade). Based on the narrations, I assume that after this war humanity’s stance on Earth would already be weakened. Then comes the drought and the famine brought about by Divine Intervention. We can all imagine what kind of a scenario this would create… think poverty struck regions of Africa, only a million times worse than that if agriculture is eradicated altogether. After taking this into consideration, how could any man (or woman for that matter) refuse the salvation offered by the Antichrist? How could anyone who is on the fringe of death refuse a morsel of food, even if it comes from this unholy impersonator, aided in his deception of mankind by God Himself? If a man were to be responsible for such acts of deception, would he not be deemed unfathomably cruel? Nobel winning physicist Steven Weinberg once said in an interview by a BBC documentary “The Atheism Tapes” by Jonathan Miller:

“Maybe at the very bottom of it… I really don’t like God. You know, it’s silly to say I don’t like God because I don’t believe in God, but in the same sense that I don’t like Iago, or the Reverend Slope or any of the other villains of literature, the god of traditional Judaism and Christianity and Islam seems to me a terrible character. He’s [a God] who obsessed the degree to which people worship him and anxious to punish with the most awful torments those who don’t worship him in the right way. Now I realise that many people don’t believe in that any more who call themselves Muslims or Jews or Christians, but that is the traditional God and he’s a terrible character. I don’t like him”

Sadly, I must agree with Weinberg. His observations are accurate albeit exaggerated. However, I REFUSE to believe that those traits are inherent to God’s true nature. They are in stark contrast to the Divine Characters that I do believe in… that God is The Most Beneficent, The Peace and Blessing, The Merciful, The Ever Providing, The Loving and The Truth and The Compassionate. After a lot of contemplation I reached only one conclusion. We have distorted our collective perception of God to further our own trifle agendas.

May God forgive us all for the atrocities we have committed and continue to commit in His Name.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
04-29-2008, 12:06 AM
This is a hilarious piece.. what do you hope to gain by it? are you looking for an offering of a contrary contention? or is this the piece that you found most compelling out of all that is offered out there on the subject matter?

I love how atheists try to absolve themselves from the manner of which they choose to live life, by traducing against God or religion... When more death and famine was created under atheists and their regime than that of all the religions combined (Mao Xedong, Saloth Sar, Enver Hoxha Josef Stalin Sung 1I anyone?)

If you don't like God, then enjoy your life.. it is part of your free will.. No one is holding a gun to your head, but don't innovate in theology by introducing your own bankrupt ideology which has no basis or foundation in religion as understood by its adherents!

cheers

barney
04-29-2008, 12:18 AM
Someone did a count-up of God killing vs Satan Killing in the Bible.
Bible Score was God: 3270000, Satan 10.
The Quran was God 4, (Lot's wife, Noahs kids..& someone else) Satan Nil.

Without delving into the main part of your post Nerd, I certainly hope that the scriptures are wrong, cos I wouldnt want to meet either of those deitys as advertised in their Public Relations.

Nerd
04-29-2008, 12:18 AM
We all have different perceptions of God, but there are universal similarities which can not be ignored. Such as the notion of a omnipotent, omniscient and even vengeful god, right?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nerd
04-29-2008, 12:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
If you don't like God, then enjoy your life.. it is part of your free will.. No one is holding a gun to your head, but don't innovate in theology by introducing your own bankrupt ideology which has no basis or foundation in religion as understood by its adherents!
Are you saying you believe that God isn't the Most Beneficent, The Peace and Blessing, The Merciful, The Ever Providing, The Loving and The Truth and The Compassionate???? I totally disagree with you if that's the case, but I respect your candor :)

Cheers

barney
04-29-2008, 12:33 AM
Vengence is one of those very mallable words.
To me, it means exacting pleasure from carrying out an act intended to harm in retaliation to a perceived event.
So when King David was asked by God to take a Census and took the Census, God killed 40000 Jews as vengence for David obaying him. (its fruity, but it's scripture OK?)

Now you will not find a Christian or Jew who will say that this was God being vengeful these days. They explain such actions as God enacting rightful justice as is his ..err...umm..god, err given right...Hmmm...(just confused myself there).
His Justice is perfect and merciful, and if we cant understand him slaughtering a mid sized towns population for obaying his orders, then we are not in the full picture. God works myseteriously and it is not for us to doubt or try and reason it with our puny human minds.

Personally, i think David took a Census, and then the sewage system failed and Dysentry wiped out a bunch of people. Dave stuck two and two together and made 23,435. It got written in, and bading!

جوري
04-29-2008, 12:35 AM
This is the contrast in which you find life. I have seldom come across things very defined in black and white...I never could quite understand how people who are 'putatively intelligent', can have such a puerile ilogical approach and revel in self-indulgent fantasies-- circumstantial and haphazardly collected 'evidence' to draw such asinine conclusions.
& without abashment or apology introduce the products of the dark mind for the rest of the world.. I gather most of the time it goes un-answered cast off as the rambling of a delusional angry man, now approaching death and in need of justification of a laundry list of immoralities...

It must be consoling.. but pointless nonetheless.

Want to discuss the signs of the end go ahead... want to get into each individual life of who deserves what ( I am sure that will be long and amusing) want to present a piece in which a conclusion is already drawn for us, then I recommend the poetry section.. I too vent there on occasion.... But in the refutation section we don't start pieces in an ended fashion as to have only fixed limits and restrictions on conclusions drawn by a man who is self-professed to hate God!

cheers

جوري
04-29-2008, 12:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nerd
Are you saying you believe that God isn't the Most Beneficent, The Peace and Blessing, The Merciful, The Ever Providing, The Loving and The Truth and The Compassionate???? I totally disagree with you if that's the case, but I respect your candor :)

Cheers
I am saying I don't reduce God to a low common denominator as do most atheists! There is no factual accuracy to what 'you' (plural) write, only interpretive extrapolation mostly in a scornful and mocking manner as if to loan it more credence.. join the rest of the 6 billion of earth's inhabitants with opinions.. You are free to think of God as you please, simply don't impose the linear thought process on the rest of us..

cheers

barney
04-29-2008, 12:46 AM
Translator:
You daft think not beleiving, why do you concentrate on the negitive, ahh well, your gonna die soon, then you'll find out. Dont talk here about refuting a merciful and just deity's seemingly malevonant actions, do it in the..err...umm..refutation section.:-[

جوري
04-29-2008, 12:51 AM
What you construe as 'vengeful' others understand to be justice or expiation of sin or balance, or the yin of some yang or or or..

You are really in position to decide what or why it is the way it is.. You barely have a grip on the matters that concern your every day living, let alone universal laws!

cheers

Abdul Fattah
04-29-2008, 12:52 AM
Sadly, I must agree with Weinberg. His observations are accurate albeit exaggerated. However, I REFUSE to believe that those traits are inherent to God’s true nature. They are in stark contrast to the Divine Characters that I do believe in… that God is The Most Beneficent, The Peace and Blessing, The Merciful, The Ever Providing, The Loving and The Truth and The Compassionate. After a lot of contemplation I reached only one conclusion. We have distorted our collective perception of God to further our own trifle agendas.

May God forgive us all for the atrocities we have committed and continue to commit in His Name.
Well some things, first of all your deductions are based on speculation. We don't know exactly what degree of poverty there would be in the future. Furthermore, the whole concept of life on this earth is to test us in the first place. The God that I recognize when reading the Qur'an is not a malevolent one. I'm pretty confident that any reason you have to think that Islam proposes a malevolent God is a matter of both perspective and interpretation.

barney
04-29-2008, 12:54 AM
What you construe as 'vengeful' others understand to be justice or expiation of sin or balance, or the yin of some yang or or or..

You are really in position to decide what or why it is the way it is.. You barely have a grip on the matters that concern your every day living, let alone universal laws!

cheers

Meh, who is?
it's all subjective. There may be a planet where wiping out the worlds population for some undefined "sin" like lechery or Sodomy is a mercy, but I'm not going to book my next holiday there.

جوري
04-29-2008, 12:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Meh, who is?
it's all subjective. There may be a planet where wiping out the worlds population for some undefined "sin" like lechery or Sodomy is a mercy, but I'm not going to book my next holiday there.
pls don't reveal too much about your life style choices..
what you do in your private time and whom you choose to schmooze with on holdiday is no body's business...

cheers

barney
04-29-2008, 12:59 AM
ROFL! Nice volley.

Nerd
04-29-2008, 01:00 AM
If what Dr. Phillips explained, is in-line with the Koran: Anti-christ will be preceded by the Mahdi who will wage a global war against the infidels (a sort of crusade). Based on the narrations, I assume that after this war humanity’s stance on Earth would already be weakened. Then comes the drought and the famine brought about by Divine Intervention. We can all imagine what kind of a scenario this would create… think poverty struck regions of Africa, only a million times worse than that if agriculture is eradicated altogether. After taking this into consideration, how could any man (or woman for that matter) refuse the salvation offered by the Antichrist? How could anyone who is on the fringe of death refuse a morsel of food, even if it comes from this unholy impersonator, aided in his deception of mankind by God Himself?

barney
04-29-2008, 01:03 AM
If what Dr. Phillips explained, is in-line with the Koran: Anti-christ will be preceded by the Mahdi who will wage a global war against the infidels (a sort of crusade). Based on the narrations, I assume that after this war humanity’s stance on Earth would already be weakened. Then comes the drought and the famine brought about by Divine Intervention. We can all imagine what kind of a scenario this would create… think poverty struck regions of Africa, only a million times worse than that if agriculture is eradicated altogether. After taking this into consideration, how could any man (or woman for that matter) refuse the salvation offered by the Antichrist? How could anyone who is on the fringe of death refuse a morsel of food, even if it comes from this unholy impersonator, aided in his deception of mankind by God Himself?
Cant we just pop a cap in his butt?

Abdul Fattah
04-29-2008, 01:10 AM
Translator:
You daft think not beleiving, why do you concentrate on the negitive, ahh well, your gonna die soon, then you'll find out. Dont talk here about refuting a merciful and just deity's seemingly malevonant actions, do it in the..err...umm..refutation section.:-[
Consider the alternative, no punishment for the wicked, no hell and everyone goes to heaven. Then consider the millions of people who have been wronged and deserve justice. Consider the riddle of Epicurus, brought up as an argument against religion. Consider Nazi's and jews having to share heaven.

After these considerations, my question to you is:
Do you find any form of punishment renders God malevolent, or do you just think that certain specific cases of punishment were to sever? you mentioned sodomy, did you know that in the town of Sodom, next to sodomy there was also large scale, organized rape pedophilia and incest? Can we really claim to have sufficient insight in the case to judge wheter or not the punishment was apt or to severe?

Abdul Fattah
04-29-2008, 01:15 AM
Well you said it yourself; you assume so...
Truth is we simply don't know to what degree there would be poverty or not. Maybe global war would decrease the population significantly leaving us with abundance. It's pure speculation. Either way there's a difference between going to sleep hungry for the sake of keeping your faith, and dying of starvation.

barney
04-29-2008, 01:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Fattah
Consider the alternative, no punishment for the wicked, no hell and everyone goes to heaven. Then consider the millions of people who have been wronged and deserve justice. Consider the riddle of Epicurus, brought up as an argument against religion. Consider Nazi's and jews having to share heaven.

After these considerations, my question to you is:
Do you find any form of punishment renders God malevolent, or do you just think that certain specific cases of punishment were to sever? you mentioned sodomy, did you know that in the town of Sodom, next to sodomy there was also large scale, organized rape pedophilia and incest? Can we really claim to have sufficient insight in the case to judge wheter or not the punishment was apt or to severe?
We dont know that. We know that, if we are to beleive the Bible and Quran, that Sodom was guiltry of:

Seeking sex with angels, fornication, and going after "strange flesh"

Genesis 19:4-5
The men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter: And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

Jude 7
Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Pride, wealth, lazyness, and ignoring the needs of the poor

Ezekiel 16:49
This was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness ... neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

Adultery, lies, and general immorality

Jeremiah 23:14
I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem an horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk in lies: they strengthen also the hands of evildoers, that none doth return from his wickedness: they are all of them unto me as Sodom, and the inhabitants thereof as Gomorrah.

That dosnt say anything about rape or Incest. Peadeophillia was an accepted social norm in early middle eastern culture, so I imagine this would be true for Sodom.

OK, lets just take it as read that everyone in there, was a sinner. The rape victims, the babies, the farmers and traders. The whole blinking lot of em, all circa 30000.No demonstration of power, no selective punishment for the lesser sins. The Guy on number 145 Gommorah Road had been pretty pious. He had double parked his Camel a few times, sworn when he bashed his thumb with a hammer and he fancied his next door neighbours daughter, but was too shy to approach her.
Mr Hussain next door worked hard down the brothel and did embezzlement in his free time. He would relax on an evening screaming blasphemys whilst worshipping his idols.
Guess what happens to them both?

All we are told apart from Lut/Lot. And strangely his family too. A single family out of a whole city, who needed evenly smiting with death.
So out they plod and the city dies. Lots wife looks back and God kills her too. For looking back!

جوري
04-29-2008, 01:56 AM
I don't think the order of event is correct.. fact is even the best of Muslim scholars can extrapolate but not given any definitive answer..
I found this to be one of the better pieces of the end of the world.. the others are all written by sheikh a'sh3rawi and it is 'khwatir al' Quran' but of course is in Arabic and of no use for our curious friends..

Enjoy

The Day Of Wrath
cheers

Abdul Fattah
04-29-2008, 02:03 AM
The Guy on number 145 Gommorah Road had been pretty pious. He had double parked his Camel a few times, sworn when he bashed his thumb with a hammer and he fancied his next door neighbours daughter, but was too shy to approach her.
Coincidently, the guy on number 145 Gommorah Road was visiting his mother in law who lived a few miles south, imagine his surprise when he came back. His younger brother, who followed him in piousness, sadly was in town though. However this early death he met saved him from the long excruciating pain he would have endured would he have lived a bit longer for his tumor to develop.

No, all jokes aside, like I said, we really can't know.

All we are told apart from Lut/Lot. And strangely his family too. A single family out of a whole city, who needed evenly smiting with death.
So out they plod and the city dies. Lots wife looks back and God kills her too. For looking back!
Not according to the Qur'an, don't forget that the bible isn't accurate on details as even admitted by most Christians.
But We saved him and his family, except his wife; her We destined to be of those who lagged behind. (27:57)
So she was destined for a cause, she didn't die just because she looked back.

And when Our Messengers came to Lut, he was grieved on their account, and felt himself powerless (to protect) them: but they said: "Fear thou not, nor grieve: we are (here) to save thee and thy following, except thy wife: she is of those who lag behind. (29:33)
The part in bold is found in other translations as "household". I don't know arabic so I can't say which translation is closests. I checked a tefsir to see if perhaps it's stated wheter it was only his family or also some people who "followed" him (he had been preaching before the town was destroyed).

barney
04-29-2008, 02:08 AM
I don't think the order of event is correct.. fact is even the best of Muslim scholars can extrapolate but not given any definitive answer..
I found this to be one of the better pieces of the end of the world.. the others are all written by sheikh a'sh3rawi and it is 'khwatir al' Quran' but of course is in Arabic and of no use for our curious friends..

Enjoy

The Day Of Wrath
cheers
I randomly clicked on a bit of that, "What has changed", and it started going on about some sort of Zionist plan. Definatly worth it for the laugh.

Nerd
04-29-2008, 04:05 AM
Here is how John Doe justifies his murders in the movie "seven":

Mills: You only killed a bunch of innocent people so you could get your rocks off. That’s all.

Doe: Innocent? Is that supposed to be funny? Look at the people I killed. An obese man, a disgusting man who could barely stand up… who if you saw him on the street you’d point so your friends could mock him along with you. Who if you saw him while you were eating, you wouldn’t be able to finish your meal. After him I picked the lawyer. And, you both must have been secretly thanking me for that one. This was a man who dedicated his life to making money by lying with every breath he could muster… to keeping rapists and murderers on the streets. A woman… so ugly on the inside that she couldn’t bare to go on living if she couldn’t be beautiful on the outside. A drug dealer… a drug dealing pederast, actually. And, don’t forget the disease spreading *****. Only in a world this ****ty could you even try to say these were innocent people and keep a straight face. That’s the point. You see a deadly sin on almost every street corner, and in every home, literally. And we tolerate it. Because it’s common, it seems trivial, and we tolerate, all day long, morning, noon and night. Not anymore. I’m setting the example, and it’s going to be puzzled over and studied and followed, from now on.

Nerd
04-29-2008, 04:16 AM
Let me restate my point here: I support religion, well the original intention. As a divine guidance, probably because we humans are too **** stupid to function as proper beings alone, and eventually fall into despair because our thoughts are always somehow mingled with our inevitable mortality. (According to anthropologists, this is how primitive pagan religions surfaced - out of our collective paranoia). Needless to say, religion, like their accompanying holy scriptures, has fallen into the intended dirty hands of Man, who has crafted it to benefit his own needs over time. Dominance, through any means possible; politics, wealth and even warfare.

barney
04-29-2008, 04:18 AM
Let me restate my point here: I support religion, well the original intention. As a divine guidance, probably because we humans are too **** stupid to function as proper beings alone, and eventually fall into despair because our thoughts are always somehow mingled with our inevitable mortality. (According to anthropologists, this is how primitive pagan religions surfaced - out of our collective paranoia). Needless to say, religion, like their accompanying holy scriptures, has fallen into the intended dirty hands of Man, who has crafted it to benefit his own needs over time. Dominance, through any means possible; politics, wealth and even warfare.
You think scripture was sent by God and changed by man??

Nerd
04-29-2008, 04:25 AM
I watched this animation from MapsofWar.com which depicts the rise and expansion of all modern faiths. After viewing it, I realized that the ancient world remained in relative tranquility, even with a handful of different faiths. Only in the last two millennia did religious conflicts arise, which I imagine must have lead to a lot of human suffering. Human Suffering. Just two words to most of us. Its hard to grasp a full understanding of this concept unless you are starving for three days because of some religious war or just had both your parents beheaded right in front of you by a heartless crusader. If you do understand it, you would share my contempt too. All in the name of God, right?

barney
04-29-2008, 04:58 AM
Yeah, seen a bit of that.

The idea that humans could unite under one religion is a bit pipedreamy IMO.
If the world was fought down to everyone following the Church of Latter Day Saints, then the various splinter groups of that would be at each others throats till the last two humans on earth fought it out over interpreting a few lines on a 160 year old book.

- Qatada -
04-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Allah only destroys a people who have been warned by a Messenger, these people continue to persist in evil sins - whatever they may be - and the Messenger warns and give glad tidings for the good-doers, if these people remain ungrateful to Allah and persist in their sins - they want to get rid of the source who is forbidding them from this evil, even if the believer is giving them good advice. So they attempt to imprison the believer who enjoins good and forbids wrong, or they attempt to torture and kill them so that they can continue in the evil that they are doing.

What these people have been given is a favour from Allah, something which they are accountable for and will be questioned about on the Day of Ressurection. If they are ungrateful to Allah - He can remove this from them whenever He wills, however - He is the Most Just - so He is patient, and informs the believers to be patient.

When the evildoers are excessive in their disbelief, and in the peak of their evil acts - then Allah removes them from the face of the earth and gives what is good to the believers for striving in His cause. This is because He is the Most Just, He is Grateful and He is the Powerful.

Is it fair for a people to reject the favours of Allah, and torture the believers while killing others? Yet Allah still allows them to escape from His Punishment? He is the Just, and He has promised to give the believers inheritance and power in the earth as He gave it to those before them, they will establish His law and enjoin good for mankind so that they can prosper and be successful.

Abdul Fattah
04-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Here is how John Doe justifies his murders in the movie "seven": ...
Their is a big difference between god passing judgment and a human passing judgment to his peers:
* We don't have the right (permission)
* We don't have the responsibility (it is not our job, nor is it expected from us)
* We don't have the power (to enforce judgment of a person in a correct manner, a judgment without enforcing is meaningless)
* We don't have the ability (to judge a person by pure standards, to weigh of the total of good and bad acts a person has done)
* We don't have the insight (we can't be certain about what the intention, background of a person was)

Are you making a point or simply explaining your views? Because for the latter, I have no objections to you having your views, but for the former I would have to reply that your "point" is flawed by circularity since it is based on the assumption that religion is man-made. Obviously such an argument based on such an assumption is flawed and cannot be used against religious view.

After viewing it, I realized that the ancient world remained in relative tranquility, even with a handful of different faiths. Only in the last two millennia did religious conflicts arise, which I imagine must have lead to a lot of human suffering. Human Suffering. Just two words to most of us. Its hard to grasp a full understanding of this concept unless you are starving for three days because of some religious war or just had both your parents beheaded right in front of you by a heartless crusader. If you do understand it, you would share my contempt too. All in the name of God, right?
Some important things to consider, the rise in population might also be a decisive factor, the larger a population, the more confrontation, and thus the more frustration/aggression and so on. I imagine many more factors can be brought up to explain the phenomena.
More importantly, you cannot judge a theory by it's followers. Just like you cannot judge evolution by Hitlers social Darwinism or you cannot judge love by the actions of a stalker.

barney
04-29-2008, 01:22 PM
. Obviously such an argument based on such an assumption is flawed and cannot be used against religious view.

Well it can, but you just dont happen to beleive it!

Keltoi
04-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Is this another thread about the "problem of evil" or is this about the end times? I suppose they are connected.

The truth is that Biblical scripture is cryptic on the matter. Many of the verses in the NT that are accepted as relating to the end of days were actually written as code in reference to the Roman Empire, not the world. I can explain that in more detail if necessary but I'll need more cups of coffee and some time.

جوري
04-29-2008, 02:12 PM
I randomly clicked on a bit of that, "What has changed", and it started going on about some sort of Zionist plan. Definatly worth it for the laugh.
Actually it is a re-interpretation of the book of daniel.. but whatever gets your humerous going, let me not stand in its way..

cheers

Nerd
05-01-2008, 06:37 AM
Their is a big difference between god passing judgment and a human passing judgment to his peers:
Exactly my point, God is:

1. Allah: Allah, He who has the Godhood which is the power to create the entities.

2. Ar-Rahmaan: The Compassionate, The Beneficient, The One who has plenty of mercy for the believers and the blasphemers in this world and especially for the believers in the hereafter.

3. Ar-Raheem: The Merciful, The One who has plenty of mercy for the believers.

4. Al-Malik: The King, The Sovereign Lord, The One with the complete Dominion, the One Whose Dominion is clear from imperfection.

5. Al-Quddoos: The Holy, The One who is pure from any imperfection and clear from children and adversaries.

6. As-Salaam: The Source of Peace, The One who is free from every imperfection.

7. Al-Mu'min: Guardian of Faith, The One who witnessed for Himself that no one is God but Him. And He witnessed for His believers that they are truthful in their belief that no one is God but Him.

8. Al-Muhaimin: The Protector, The One who witnesses the saying and deeds of His creatures.

9. Al-Azeez: The Mighty, The Strong, The Defeater who is not defeated.

10. Al-Jabbaar: The Compeller, The One that nothing happens in His Dominion except that which He willed.

11. Al-Mutakabbir: The Majestic, The One who is clear from the attributes of the creatures and from resembling them.

12. Al-Khaaliq: The Creator, The One who brings everything from non-existence to existence.

13. Al-Bari': The Evolver, The Maker, The Creator who has the Power to turn the entities.

14. Al-Musawwir: The Fashioner, The One who forms His creatures in different pictures.

15. Al-Ghaffaar: The Great Forgiver, The Forgiver, The One who forgives the sins of His slaves time and time again.

16. Al-Qahhaar: The Subduer, The Dominant, The One who has the perfect Power and is not unable over anything.

17. Al-Wahhaab: The Bestower, The One who is Generous in giving plenty without any return. He is everything that benefits whether Halal or Haram.

18. Al-Razzaaq: The Sustainer, The Provider.

19. Al-Fattaah: The Opener, The Reliever, The Judge, The One who opens for His slaves the closed worldy and religious matters.

20. Al-Aleem: The All-knowing, The Knowledgeable; The One nothing is absent from His knowledge.

21. Al-Qaabid: The Constricter, The Retainer, The Withholder, The One who constricts the sustenance by His wisdomand expands and widens it with His Generosity and Mercy.

22. Al-Baasit: The Expander, The Englarger, The One who constricts the sustenance by His wisdomand expands and widens it with His Generosity and Mercy.

23. Al-Khaafid: The Abaser, The One who lowers whoever He willed by His Destruction and raises whoever He willed by His Endowment.

24. Ar-Raafi: The Exalter, The Elevator, The One who lowers whoever He willed by His Destruction and raises whoever He willed by His Endowment.

25. Al-Muiz: The Honorer, He gives esteem to whoever He willed, hence there is no one to degrade Him; And He degrades whoever He willed, hence there is no one to give Him esteem.

26. Al-Muthil: The Dishonorer, The Humiliator, He gives esteem to whoever He willed, hence there is no one to degrade Him; And He degrades whoever He willed, hence there is no one to give Him esteem.

27. As-Samee: The All-Hearing, The Hearer, The One who Hears all things that are heard by His Eternal Hearing without an ear, instrument or organ.

28. Al-Baseer: The All-Seeing, The One who Sees all things that are seen by His Eternal Seeing without a pupil or any other instrument.

29. Al-Hakam: The Judge, He is the Ruler and His judgment is His Word.

30. Al-Adl: The Just, The One who is entitled to do what He does.

32. Al-Lateef: The Subtle One, The Gracious, The One who is kind to His slaves and endows upon them.

33. Al-Khabeer: The Aware, The One who knows the truth of things.

34. Al-Haleem: The Forebearing, The Clement, The One who delays the punishment for those who deserve it and then He might forgive them.

35. Al-Azeem: The Great One, The Mighty, The One deserving the attributes of Exaltment, Glory, Extolement,and Purity from all imperfection.

36. Al-Ghafoor: The All-Forgiving, The Forgiving, The One who forgives a lot.

37. Ash-Shakoor: The Grateful, The Appreciative, The One who gives a lot of reward for a little obedience.

38. Al-Aliyy: The Most High, The Sublime, The One who is clear from the attributes of the creatures.

39. Al-Kabeer: The Most Great, The Great, The One who is greater than everything in status.

40. Al-Hafeez: The Preserver, The Protector, The One who protects whatever and whoever He willed to protect.

41. Al-Muqeet: The Maintainer, The Guardian, The Feeder, The Sustainer, The One who has the Power.

42. Al-Haseeb: The Reckoner, The One who gives the satisfaction.

43. Aj-Jaleel: The Sublime One, The Beneficent, The One who is attributed with greatness of Power and Glory of status.

44. Al-Kareem: The Generous One, The Bountiful, The Gracious, The One who is attributed with greatness of Power and Glory of status.

45. Ar-Raqeeb: The Watcher, The Watchful, The One that nothing is absent from Him. Hence it's meaning is related to the attribute of Knowledge.

46. Al-Mujeeb: The Responsive, The Hearkener, The One who answers the one in need if he asks Him and rescues the yearner if he calls upon Him.

47. Al-Wasi: The Vast, The All-Embracing, The Knowledgeable.

48. Al-Hakeem: The Wise, The Judge of Judges, The One who is correct in His doings.

49. Al-Wadood:The Loving, The One who loves His believing slaves and His believing slaves love Him. His love to His slaves is His Will to be merciful to them and praise them:Hence it's meaning is related to the attributes of the Will and Kalam (His attribute with which He orders and forbids and spoke to Muhammad and Musa -peace be upon them- . It is not a sound nor a language nor a letter.).

50. Al-Majeed: The Most Glorious One, The Glorious, The One who is with perfect Power, High Status, Compassion, Generosity and Kindness.

51. Al-Baith: The Reserrector, The Raiser (from death), The One who resurrects His slaves after death for reward and/or punishment.

52. Ash-Shaheed: The Witness, The One who nothing is absent from Him.

53. Al-Haqq: The Truth, The True, The One who truly exists.

54. Al-Wakeel: The Trustee, The One who gives the satisfaction and is relied upon.

55. Al-Qawiyy: The Most Strong, The Strong, The One with the complete Power.

56. Al-Mateen: The Firm One, The One with extreme Power which is un-interrupted and He does not get tired.

57. Al-Waliyy: The Protecting Friend, The Supporter.

60. Al-Hameed: The Praiseworthy, The praised One who deserves to be praised.

61. Al-Muhsee: The Counter, The Reckoner, The One who the count of things are known to him.

62. Al-Mubdi': The Originator, The One who started the human being. That is, He created him.

63. Al-Mueed: The Reproducer, The One who brings back the creatures after death.

64. Al-Muhyi: The Restorer, The Giver of Life, The One who took out a living human from semen that does not have a soul. He gives life by giving the souls back to the worn out bodies on the resurrection day and He makes the hearts alive by the light of knowledge.

65. Al-Mumeet: The Creator of Death, The Destroyer, The One who renders the living dead.

66. Al-Hayy: The Alive, The One attributed with a life that is unlike our life and is not that of a combination of soul, flesh or blood.

67. Al-Qayyoom: The Self-Subsisting, The One who remains and does not end.

68. Al-Waajid: The Perceiver, The Finder, The Rich who is never poor. Al-Wajd is Richness.

69. Al-Waahid: The Unique, The One, The One without a partner.

70. Al-Ahad: The One.

71. As-Samad: The Eternal, The Independent, The Master who is relied upon in matters and reverted to in ones needs.

72. Al-Qaadir: The Able, The Capable, The One attributed with Power.

73. Al-Muqtadir: The Powerful, The Dominant, The One with the perfect Power that nothing is withheld from Him.

74. Al-Muqaddim: The Expediter, The Promoter, The One who puts things in their right places. He makes ahead what He wills and delays what He wills.

75. Al-Mu'akh-khir: The Delayer, the Retarder, The One who puts things in their right places. He makes ahead what He wills and delays what He wills.

76. Al-'Awwal: The First, The One whose Existence is without a beginning.

77. Al-'Akhir: The Last, The One whose Existence is without an end.

78. Az-Zaahir: The Manifest, The One that nothing is above Him and nothing is underneath Him, hence He exists without a place. He, The Exalted, His Existence is obvious by proofs and He is clear from the delusions of attributes of bodies.

79. Al-Baatin: The Hidden, The One that nothing is above Him and nothing is underneath Him, hence He exists without a place. He, The Exalted, His Existence is obvious by proofs and He is clear from the delusions of attributes of bodies.

80. Al-Walee: The Governor, The One who owns things and manages them.

81. Al-Mutaali: The Most Exalted, The High Exalted, The One who is clear from the attributes of the creation.

82. Al-Barr: The Source of All Goodness, The Righteous, The One who is kind to His creatures, who covered them with His sustenance and specified whoever He willed among them by His support, protection, and special mercy.

83. At-Tawwaab: The Acceptor of Repentance, The Relenting, The One who grants repentance to whoever He willed among His creatures and accepts his repentance.

84. Al-Muntaqim: The Avenger, The One who victoriously prevails over His enemies and punishes them for their sins. It may mean the One who destroys them.

85. Al-Afuww: The Pardoner, The Forgiver, The One with wide forgiveness.

86. Ar-Ra'uf: The Compassionate, The One with extreme Mercy. The Mercy of Allah is His will to endow upon whoever He willed among His creatures.

87. Malik Al-Mulk: The Eternal Owner of Sovereignty, The One who controls the Dominion and gives dominion to whoever He willed.

88. Thul-Jalali wal-Ikram: The Lord of Majesty and Bounty, The One who deserves to be Exalted and not denied.

89. Al-Muqsit: The Equitable, The One who is Just in His judgment.

90. Aj-Jaami:The Gatherer, The One who gathers the creatures on a day that there is no doubt about, that is the Day of Judgment.

91. Al-Ghaniyy: The Self-Sufficient, The One who does not need the creation.

92. Al-Mughni: The Enricher, The One who satisfies the necessities of the creatures.

93. Al-Maani: The Preventer, The Withholder.

94. Ad-Daarr:The Distresser, The One who makes harm reach to whoever He willed and benefit to whoever He willed.

95. An-Nafi: The Propitious, The One who makes harm reach to whoever He willed and benefit to whoever He willed.

96. An-Noor: The Light, The One who guides.

97. Al-Haadi: The Guide, The One whom with His Guidance His belivers were guided, and with His Guidance the living beings have been guided to what is beneficial for them and protected from what is harmful to them.

98. Al-Badi: The Incomparable, The One who created the creation and formed it without any preceding example.

99. Al-Baaqi: The Everlasting, The One that the state of non-existence is impossible for Him.

100. Al-Waarith: The Supreme Inheritor, The Heir, The One whose Existence remains.

101. Ar-Rasheed: The Guide to the Right Path, The One who guides.

102: As-Saboor: The Patient, The One who does not quickly punish the sinners.

MSalman
05-09-2008, 12:22 AM
@nerd

did you omit the part in which Dr. Bilal may mentioned the reason why Imam Mahdi (May Allah be pleased with him) would wage the war on non-Muslims--more correctly the oppressors and fitna spreaders? Or have you never heard of it?

Nerd
05-09-2008, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamiclife
@nerd

did you omit the part in which Dr. Bilal may mentioned the reason why Imam Mahdi (May Allah be pleased with him) would wage the war on non-Muslims--more correctly the oppressors and fitna spreaders? Or have you never heard of it?

I missed that bit, would you care to enlighten us on this matter Brother :)

MSalman
06-30-2008, 12:54 AM
^In future, a time will come when Christians will rule most of the world and they would reach Khabr, then some from the family Abou Sufiyan (May Allah be pleased with him) will emerge and kill the king and take over the Arab. Meanwhile, in Europe, Christians will be divided in two groups and one of the group will become ally of the Muslim king in Arab. Then both of these groups will fight against the other Christian group and they will win. During the end of the battle a Christian soldier will say that we won due to the blessings of the cross (Christianity) but a Muslim soldier will say that we won due to the help and blessing of Allah. So they will start fighting and call for help. The war will erupt and Muslim king will be martyred during the battle. The Christian will take over the Muslim lands and will reach Khabr (near Medina) and both Christian parties will become ally again (1).

Then Muslims will start looking for Imam Mahdi (May Allah be pleased with him). Meanwhile, Imam Mahdi will appear and will try to avoid from people recognizing him (2). Eventually, one person will recognize him in Kahana Kaba. Finally, many Muslims will join him and he will build the army to fight against the Christians to get back Muslim lands.

wallahu a'alim (and Allah knows best)

Foot Notes
(1) this story has been reported in Sunan Abu-Dawud
(2) this has been also reported in Sunan Abu-Dawud and classified as sahih

Eeman
06-30-2008, 03:38 AM
This is the contrast in which you find life. I have seldom come across things very defined in black and white...I never could quite understand how people who are 'putatively intelligent', can have such a puerile ilogical approach and revel in self-indulgent fantasies-- circumstantial and haphazardly collected 'evidence' to draw such asinine conclusions.
& without abashment or apology introduce the products of the dark mind for the rest of the world.. I gather most of the time it goes un-answered cast off as the rambling of a delusional angry man, now approaching death and in need of justification of a laundry list of immoralities...

It must be consoling.. but pointless nonetheless.

Want to discuss the signs of the end go ahead... want to get into each individual life of who deserves what ( I am sure that will be long and amusing) want to present a piece in which a conclusion is already drawn for us, then I recommend the poetry section.. I too vent there on occasion.... But in the refutation section we don't start pieces in an ended fashion as to have only fixed limits and restrictions on conclusions drawn by a man who is self-professed to hate God!

cheers
Dear sister,

I really think that you need a chill pill, just cos people do not believe in your believes or differ in opinion to yourself there is no need to attack them like that and call them the above things that you have said.
I really think that your should re think yur debating techniques and the way you word your arguments.
You sound like a miserable bitter person, (NO OFFENCE) and i mean this from the bottom of my heart but honestly you talk sense sometimes, but your too harsh, maybe you need a break, time to reflect, and seriously reflect upon your mannerism in the way you put things.
I yet apologise for saying anything to you that might be hurtful but as a fellow muslim sister i am just pointing out to you something that i see and no ones perfect, if that is something you lack i think its better for someone to point it ut to you so you know rather than no one uttering a word and you thinking everything is holy and jolly good!

ma salama.

Azy
06-30-2008, 12:12 PM
I love how atheists try to absolve themselves from the manner of which they choose to live life, by traducing against God or religion... When more death and famine was created under atheists and their regime than that of all the religions combined (Mao Xedong, Saloth Sar, Enver Hoxha Josef Stalin Sung 1I anyone?)
Interestingly Marx himself called atheism meaningless and unnecessary, so why would you ascribe the actions of these Marxist leaders to atheism?

There is the notable exception of Hitler who was most definitely a theist. Armenian genocide, Muslim invasion of India, Bangladesh 1971, Crusades?

------
06-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Hitler was a mass murderer that will be tortured in Hell forever.

Nerd
07-01-2008, 12:29 PM
^ How can a mere human being decide/know the fate of another human being in the hereafter before it has happened?

^^^^Thats very interesting, thank you for sharing that bit islamiclife

Al-Zaara
03-26-2009, 10:54 AM
^ How can a mere human being decide/know the fate of another human being in the hereafter before it has happened?
One cannot know nor decide.

sshussain
03-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Someone did a count-up of God killing vs Satan Killing in the Bible.
Bible Score was God: 3270000, Satan 10.
The Quran was God 4, (Lot's wife, Noahs kids..& someone else) Satan Nil.
Someone did the counting wrong. They forgot the people of Aad and Thamud, people of the Sheba, and on....
As these were infected with the illness of Shirk and Apostasy, so has to be eradicated. Same as a part of the body becomes useless and in fact its infection can spread all over the body thus rendering the whole body useless.

This the way of God in which HE cleanses the society but not before sending HIS medications in form of Prophets and Divine Books.
His is the most best way. The Lord of all.

Praise be to HIM

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.