/* */

PDA

View Full Version : infection question

-Elle-
05-01-2008, 11:41 PM
:sl:

Ok,this question might sound stupid to some,but I wouldn't be posting if I really knew the answer.No one around me seems to know the answer,so I thought I'd give you guys a shot! :D

I think I have an ear/throat infection( severe ear pain,throat pain,aches, you know,the hole kit) but I dread going to the doctors.

Can infections cure on their own or do they absolutly necessitate antibiotics?

Thanks in advance for whoever answers!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
05-01-2008, 11:45 PM
95% of ear/throat infections are caused by either Streptococcus pneumoniae, followed by Haemophilus influenzae then Moraxella.. yes it can resolve on its own will take a bit of time, but don't you want to go check it out anyway? might be something else.. it isn't good to self diagnose!

wish you fast recovery insha'Allah..

:w:

-Elle-
05-02-2008, 12:01 AM
jazaka'allah kheir!!!

yeah I guess I should go get it checked out, im just hoping that it'll fade on it's own...:enough!:or maybe by using some home remedies?

Insh'Allah if I don't feel any better toomarrow,I'll go to the doctor's...*sigh* Im also starting to have chest pains when coughing...that can't be good :S.

جوري
05-02-2008, 12:26 AM
he/she may give you Augmentin or a three day Z-Pack..

fact is you can simply have a self-limiting viral infection and need no meds at all.. it isn't really good to be diagnosed over the web..
what you can do at home is honey and lemon drinks or take some of this

http://www.amazingherbs.com/

not a substitute for seeing the doc though just to supplement..

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ranma1/2
05-02-2008, 01:08 AM
for throat i always found hot Dr pepper with lemon( honey optional) did wonders.

For my ears i would use watered down Hydrogen peroxide (hurts a little if its inflamed)

جوري
05-02-2008, 01:32 AM
hydrogen peroxide is one of the acceptable methods of removing a build up of ear wax but no more!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.