/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is it too late to study?

Umul_Kheyr
05-05-2008, 09:51 PM
:sl: i was thinking to myself because i got married after i finished skool and alhamdulilah Allah has blessed me with 2 beautiful children however i always use 2 dream of having a qualification on a certain subject not a career as i'm blessed with 1 that i love at the moment. i left skool with good qualifications but i couldnt continue my education as i gave birth, i really want to have a higher qualificaton as it wil benefit me and my kids but i also dont want to negelect my children to playgroups or nursries any advice :w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
05-05-2008, 09:59 PM
:w:

Its never to late sister, however the state of your children is your priority! If there's a good nursing home/playground, then go for it:)

Umul_Kheyr
05-05-2008, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamada

Its never to late sister, however the state of your children is your priority[B]! If there's a good nursing home/playground, then go for it:)
[/

thats the thing though i dont want to send my children to any nursery or playgroup i want to be with them in everystep of their development

------
05-06-2008, 08:52 AM
:salamext:

^ You can't stay with them and study at the same time.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
05-06-2008, 09:04 AM
asalam alaikum wr wb

Assuming you're in the UK, have you considered home learning courses sis? ICS are currently giving a 50% discount on selected courses.

Find them at: icslearn.co.uk or call 0800 068 7840

There's also learn direct: http://www.learndirect.co.uk/

And finally: http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/index.h...ersity_courses

I think this way of learning is best if you don't want to leave your children with carers. I hope you find what you're looking for inshaAllah. :)

wa alaikum asalam wr wb

Danah
05-06-2008, 07:02 PM
I think you just have to give it a try, if you find yourself can balance between your family and your study then why not?

Prophet Mohammed said (as the meaning): seek the knowledge from the birth to the death
but are your children going to school? if not, then you have to manage a place to keep them while you are out for study., or I think you can wait until they will by old enough to go to the school then you can free yourself to continue studying (I know many women do the same thing)
May Allah Ease your affairs in sha allah and guide you to the best

Protected_Diamond
06-16-2008, 12:39 PM
You could try open university if you feel you have the time to study :)

Lonely Gal
06-16-2008, 03:04 PM
its not too late at all, by doing this u will be able to be an example to your kids as they grow up. Can't u leave the kids with family members? May I ask how old are they? By leaving your kids in a nursery will not cause any harm, U cannot be around them 24.7, it help their interactin skills etc...

crayon
06-16-2008, 03:19 PM
At the risk of sounding corny, I say it's never too late. I'm not familiar with forms of education in the UK, but there's plenty of distance learning/online universities that are fully accredited and offer great, flexible programs. Decide what you want, then look for the options and narrow them down.

AhlaamBella
06-16-2008, 03:21 PM
It is never too late to study :)

I think a home course is the best idea... but that might be difficult with children around. What sort of field are you interested in Sis?

Afraa
06-17-2008, 11:59 PM
I would suggest online classes. Am not sure if they are available where you are.

جوري
06-18-2008, 12:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -
:salamext:

^ You can't stay with them and study at the same time.
I disagree, my sis got her doctorate while taking care of a two year old..

to the OP.. it is never too late, I don't need to elaborate more on that.. it is a matter of how you make use of every minute...

Protected_Diamond
06-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Me personally, if i had a family i wouldn't want to study. I'd rather concentrate on teaching my kids about Islam. Let the man work and study lol :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.