/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla

Umar001
05-08-2008, 12:39 PM
As Salam Alaykum,

I use mozilla, now, you know at the top you can save websites, just by dragging them, like from the tab onto the toolbar thing, but every so often all the sites dissapear? Anyone know why? Can I change that in the settings?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ddz
05-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Hmm I dont know if you have already done this, but, your desired website within the Address bar, click on the icon that may appear in the beginning of the website adress, and drag it into the section directly underneath the Adress Bar, an Icon of the website will appear with the name if you have done it correctly

Umar001
05-08-2008, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ddz
Hmm I dont know if you have already done this, but, your desired website within the Address bar, click on the icon that may appear in the beginning of the website adress, and drag it into the section directly underneath the Adress Bar, an Icon of the website will appear with the name if you have done it correctly
Yea that's what I am talking about, I do that, and then after a month or two all the sites I saved like that disapear.

------
05-08-2008, 02:47 PM
:salamext:

Go to
Tools>options>Advanced>Update>And untick all.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
05-08-2008, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Brok3n -

Go to
Tools>options>Advanced>Update>And untick all.
Wa Alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Are you sure it's that sis? Cos nothing else is different.

------
05-08-2008, 02:52 PM

When the sytrem updates itself automatically, it gets rid of bookmarks. If u untick that it shouldn't.

Umar001
05-08-2008, 02:56 PM
But then I cant update?

------
05-08-2008, 03:36 PM

*sigh* up to u man

Abdul Fattah
05-08-2008, 03:45 PM
That's odd, I haven't lost bookmarks by updating. Maybe this is only for windows version? anyway, you can make a backup of bookmarks every once in a while (preferably before updating) simply copy the bookmarksfile I don't remember the exact directory since I've stopped using windows for a while, but according to some random blog I found while googling it should be something like:

C://documents and settings/XXXX/application data/mozilla/firefox/profiles/YYYY/bookmarks.html
XXXX is your username
YYYY are random numbers/letters

So simply copy that file somewhere like your desktop. If you lose bookmarks after updating, replace the new file with the backup. Oh, also, note you can open the file with browser directly, and you can have an overview of which links you have bookmarked. Could be handy if you forgot which file has the bookmark you need.

Admin
05-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Happens to me at times. But the good thing is... Firefox maintains backups of Bookmarks.
C://documents and settings/XXXX/application data/mozilla/firefox/profiles/YYYY/bookmarks.html
XXXX is your username
YYYY are random numbers/letters
YYYY is the Firefox profile name you are using. It's something like "cu8hrf1f.default"... or "da2dras5.Habeshi" You can maintain multiple profiles at the same time, you know. Have different set of bookmarks/settings/skins/...etc in different profiles.

The C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\cu8hrf1f.default\boo kmarks.html file stores the current bookmarks. But once you lose your bookmarks, you can go to the following folder and restore the bookmarks from backup:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\cu8hrf1f.default\boo kmarkbackups

^This folder stores daily backups of your bookmarks. To restore bookmarks from backup, go to Bookmarks--->Organize Bookmarks.
There... go to File--->Import--->From file-->Next. Locate the backup file from the above mentioned folder and you get back your backups.

jzcasejz
05-08-2008, 06:57 PM
I don't think the Brother's talking about bookmarks, he's talking about storing tabs underneath the address bar. Or is it just bookmarks?

Admin
05-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Those tabs are part of the bookmarks. And are stored in the Bookmarks toolbar folder in the Bookmarks menu.

Umar001
05-08-2008, 07:01 PM
I mean the thing above the tabs, like u can drag the content of a tab unto the toolbar so it saves it there, then if u click on it it opens the site up.

jzcasejz
05-08-2008, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Admin
Those tabs are part of the bookmarks. And are stored in the Bookmarks toolbar folder in the Bookmarks menu.
Oops, I just checked and it seems you're correct! JazaakAllaah Khayr. :)

Admin
05-09-2008, 09:14 AM
I mean the thing above the tabs, like u can drag the content of a tab unto the toolbar so it saves it there, then if u click on it it opens the site up.
I am sure we both are talking about the same thing. If you can post a screenshot highlighting the thing you are talking about?

Method
05-10-2008, 06:25 PM
I also have this same problem for some reason, so you're not alone Al Habeshi :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.