/* */

PDA

View Full Version : qur'an quotes on jihad

gibran
05-15-2008, 01:38 AM
Hello,

I'm new to the forum. I'm not a Muslim, but I'm interested in it.

Right now I'm doing research on Jihad, and I was looking for a quote from the Qur'an that formally defines it. Is it formally defined in the Qur'an?

Also, I'm looking for a few passages that talks about the spiritual/inner Jihad being the "greater" Jihad.

Anyone's help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
05-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Thread Approved

P.S Welcome to the forums :)

crayon
05-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Hiya gibran!

Here are some good links describing the actuality of jihad in islam:
what is jihad in islam?
jihad: its true meaning and purpose
levels of jihad
jihad: when and upon whom?
jihad in islam: preemptive or defensive?

If you have any questions about the articles feel free to ask. :)

Periwinkle18
05-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Salam/Peace

Do you believe in the concept of one God, tht He created us and He is the sustainer of the world? If your heart says yes then i invite you to accept islam and as a muslim pray to God to open up his commandments and to show you their actual meaning then InshAllah (God willing) when you hold on to the tree trunk the branches (Jihad,Salah,Fasting etc) will automatically come to you and appeal to your heart.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
gibran
05-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Thanks all,

I'll read those articles and post any questions if I have them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.