/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Kun FayaKun

shakylla
05-19-2008, 12:23 AM
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters,

I have a question that I wish very much to be answered.

In the Qur'an, it states that Allah (swt) only needs to iterate the word "Be!" and it is (thus, Kun Fayakun). However, it also states in the Holy Book that the Earth was created in 6 days. In my opinion, it would take Almighty Allah less than 6 days to create the earth and the Universe, because His power is limitless and beyond comprehension. So why is it stated as such?

I hope someone would help me to at least understand this. I know that there are many things that only Allah (swt) knows, because the human mind can't fully comprehend. But if someone could help me on this, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks.

Salam :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
05-19-2008, 06:49 AM
Thread Approved

Snowflake
05-19-2008, 08:24 AM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

briefly....

The verses that mention "six days" use the Arabic word "youm" (day). This word appears several other times in the Qur'an, each denoting a different measurement of time. In one case, the measure of a day is equated with 50,000 years (70:4), whereas another verse states that "a day in the sight of your Lord is like 1,000 years of your reckoning" (22:47). The word "youm" is thus understood, within the Qur'an, to be a long period of time -- an era or eon. Therefore, Muslims interpret the description of a "six day" creation as six distinct periods or eons. The length of these periods is not precisely defined, nor are the specific developments that took place during each period.
http://islam.about.com/od/creation/a/creation.htm

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Armand
05-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Salam alaikum,

Allah subhanahu wa' ta aala created time, and then He worked as He willed without haste. Nothing constrains our Lord from enforcing His mighty will -- yet He does as He wills.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!