/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How does your garden grow?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

sister herb
09-29-2012, 09:39 AM
In Finland apple year was fantastic. I have in country yard 100 years old apple trees whose still are full of apples.

:heated: So need to make apple pie almost everyday.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
09-29-2012, 06:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
So need to make apple pie almost everyday.
I feel your pain, sis! ;D

Scimitar
09-29-2012, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo

Did I not tell you that it was red onion and NOT bacon?
Either you are not paying attention or you are trying to annoy me. ^o)

Looking forward to the pictures from your garden in India. Please post the here. :)
Me and my scatter brain (i facepalm myself) sorry sis.

I put the squash in the fridge, am gonna much it tomorrow when everyone leaves the house (I want it all to myself you see) :D

Scimi

Re.TiReD
09-29-2012, 08:59 PM

Looks and sounds yummy, sis.
Do you live in the UK?
Yes sis I live in the UK.

I moved down south after marriage and thought it'd be more of a concrete jungle than up north, but judging by our garden...it's not...Alhamdulillah =D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
10-06-2012, 06:21 PM
We are still harvesting on our allotment - but it is now a race against time.

Any day now we could have the first night frost, which will put an end to the runner beans, French beans, sweetcorn and raspberries.
All the more reason to enjoy and be grateful for every extra day of growth and harvest!

sister herb
10-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Same here glo, soon we too will have first cold nights and then... need to start planning next summer in garden.

:p

MustafaMc
10-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Fall garden of collards, broccoli, brussel sprouts and cabbage.

[/IMG]

Looks like an apple, but its not. What is it?

What is this and what is it for?

glo
10-14-2012, 07:00 PM
A melon of some kind? (Looks like a water melon)
And some fertilizing agent for the garden?

MustafaMc
10-14-2012, 07:18 PM
A melon of some kind? (Looks like a water melon)
No, it's not for the tummy.
And some fertilizing agent for the garden?
Yes, but can you be more specific? How is it made and what are its advantages

glo
10-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Stumped on both counts.

The first is not for eating? Then what is it??

The second simply looks like good soil to me.

MustafaMc
10-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Stumped on both counts.
Surely, you jest. ;-)

The first is not for eating? Then what is it??
Does this help?

The second simply looks like good soil to me.
This is a compost pile. I live in an area where cotton is grown. When the cotton is ginned (seed mechanically separated from the lint) the lint goes through cleaners to remove the leaf and other trash which is piled up as a waste. I brought in some of this gin trash home and mixed it with chicken manure and discarded cotton seed. I added water and turned the pile every couple weeks to add oxygen. After the compost goes through a heat and breaks down to humus, it is a good soil amendment. In addition to the fertilizer effect, compost enhances the texture of most soils. It increases the nutrient and water holding capacity of sandy soils by forming aggregates with the soil and it improves the aeration and tilth of clay soils by getting between the clay particles and keeping them from binding. I tilled in 3 wheelbarrow loads of compost into the row where the fall garden is planted.

Our soil is naturally a black clay that is very difficult to till, but I have improved it over the years by adding composted gin trash and 4 commercial truck loads of sandy soil. All praise and thanks to God, that we now have a nice, productive garden.

sister herb
10-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Blankets on my herbs this night as there is under zero.

:phew

MustafaMc
10-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Assalamu alaikum, sister harb (or is it herb?). I can imagine you have a short growing season in Finland. I don't think I could handle living there too well.

glo
10-15-2012, 06:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
Surely, you jest. ;-)

Does this help?

Ohhh, I should have known!! :mmokay:
Funnily enough, I thought about the gourds you make into nest houses for your purple martins ... but I remembered that they have a different shape.

Can you not eat them at all?
Do you simply dry them or do you have to hollow them out first?

This is a compost pile. I live in an area where cotton is grown. When the cotton is ginned (seed mechanically separated from the lint) the lint goes through cleaners to remove the leaf and other trash which is piled up as a waste. I brought in some of this gin trash home and mixed it with chicken manure and discarded cotton seed. I added water and turned the pile every couple weeks to add oxygen. After the compost goes through a heat and breaks down to humus, it is a good soil amendment. In addition to the fertilizer effect, compost enhances the texture of most soils. It increases the nutrient and water holding capacity of sandy soils by forming aggregates with the soil and it improves the aeration and tilth of clay soils by getting between the clay particles and keeping them from binding. I tilled in 3 wheelbarrow loads of compost into the row where the fall garden is planted.

Our soil is naturally a black clay that is very difficult to till, but I have improved it over the years by adding composted gin trash and 4 commercial truck loads of sandy soil. All praise and thanks to God, that we now have a nice, productive garden.
You have told me about the gin trash before. Strangely I always thought it was to do with making gin (as in the alcoholic drink) ... so I never wanted to ask about it! ;D
You learn something new every day!
It looks like nice, crumbly soil.

MustafaMc
10-15-2012, 11:28 PM
Ohhh, I should have known!! :mmokay:
Funnily enough, I thought about the gourds you make into nest houses for your purple martins ... but I remembered that they have a different shape.

Can you not eat them at all?
Do you simply dry them or do you have to hollow them out first?
Yes, the bird house gourds are skinny at the top. No, I don't think gourds are edible - unless you're really hungry. You just let them dry without cutting into them. The flesh inside dries down or decays to next to nothing leaving the seeds and the hard outer shell.
You have told me about the gin trash before. Strangely I always thought it was to do with making gin (as in the alcoholic drink) ... so I never wanted to ask about it! ;D
You learn something new every day!
It looks like nice, crumbly soil.
... I can understand why you might be hesitant to ask. Yes, it looks like crumbly soil and I suppose one could grow directly in compost, but I have always used it as a soil amendment. Another approach to increasing the organic matter in soil is to grow a 'green manure' crop over the winter and then till it into the soil in the spring time. I have done that with rye and hairy vetch.

glo
10-16-2012, 05:42 AM
My husband uses green manure quite a lot. We have tried both rye and vetch, even French beans this year.

sister herb
10-16-2012, 06:02 AM
Rye bread is good but it might grown better in north.

:statisfie I eat rye bread every day.

glo
10-16-2012, 06:22 AM
Rye bread is good but it might grown better in north.

:statisfie I eat rye bread every day.
I love rye bread too.

We have never tried growing rye for making bread - I am not sure how big a plot one would need to grow enough for eating.

Mustafa and I were talking about growing rye as a green manure, which is not harvested for food but is grown for other reasons beneficial to the soil - for example loosening the soil, improving the soil quality, keeping the weeds down etc.
The plants are allowed to grow for a while and then are dug back into the ground.

(You got me thinking about growing by own rye for bread making now ... :))

sister herb
10-22-2012, 05:07 PM
I have had by green manures only by oats seeds and inside. It is good at spring when here has more light at days. Maybe I try it outside at next summer.

Seeds of rye is difficult to find from shops here. Maybe from someone from farm.

Re.TiReD
10-22-2012, 07:50 PM
Attachment 5169

^^ cute lil onion popping up

Attachment 5170

^^ FIL's garden masha'Allah, well a quarter of it

Attachment 5171

^^ Spot the chilli =P

sister herb
10-22-2012, 07:56 PM
I made today my garden ready for winter - outside is already under zero. Washed pots, raked last leaves from ground and said goodbye to last rose bean.

:statisfie

But new spring will comes some day, insh Allah.

~Zaria~
10-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Greetings,

Some pics from my previous flower garden:

Attachment 5172
Attachment 5173

Attachment 5175

(I now live in an apartment.
This thread reminds me of how i really miss having a garden : ( )

Huzzy_786
10-22-2012, 09:50 PM
I'll be honest, my garden has turned it self into a jungle, we've not done the lawn for the past 2 months and the grass has gown up to the size of a wheat field! Its crazy but I dont blame my parents, its a rented house and since we don't use the garden, there is no point really.

sister herb
10-26-2012, 12:02 PM
SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW on my garden.

glo
10-26-2012, 01:02 PM
No way!!

I managed to pick our last raspberries today - we may be getting our first frost tonight ...

sister herb
10-26-2012, 08:01 PM
My garden is more north than yours, Glo. But you can borrow my shovel if needed.

:heated: I Hate Snow!

glo
10-27-2012, 06:55 AM
I Hate Snow!
I can see that that's a problem for somebody who lives in Finland ...

We do get snow in our parts, but not very often.

~Zaria~
10-28-2012, 11:11 AM
My garden is more north than yours, Glo. But you can borrow my shovel if needed.

:heated: I Hate Snow!
SubhanAllah.

I live more to the south sis harb : ), and when we get snow - it makes the headlines : )

Our last heavy snowfall was a few months ago (since 2007.....and before this, we had seen snow in 1981! There are parts of the country that does get annual light snow showers though).

Its kinda strange to see lions in the middle of snow : )

Alhamdulillah, Allah knows that we cannot always have sunshine (both in our lives and in this dunya as well)......

But if possible, you guys can move down south where we enjoy sunny skies and blue oceans for most of the year : )
SubhanAllah.

sister herb
10-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Please send me a lion and I will send you ALL snow:

MustafaMc
10-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Please send me a lion
... and what, may I ask, will you do with a lion? This reminds me of the movie 'The Lion King' and that I have been called 'Mufasa', who was the father of 'Simba' in that animated movie.

sister herb
10-28-2012, 08:10 PM
... and what, may I ask, will you do with a lion? This reminds me of the movie 'The Lion King' and that I have been called 'Mufasa', who was the father of 'Simba' in that animated movie.
I think that a lion is much better to keep burglars away than even a big dog.

;D Or then it just eats them...

glo
02-03-2013, 07:51 PM
I haven't posted for while, but I'd like to share our news from our garden with you.
Here are the girls:

Arriving:

Settling in:

What shall we call them? Any suggestions?

sister herb
02-03-2013, 08:05 PM
That one who is the most adventurous an brave than the others might be Agatha (Christie).

;D

Qurratul Ayn
02-03-2013, 08:16 PM
I haven't posted for while, but I'd like to share our news from our garden with you.
Glad you're back dearest glo!:statisfie

What shall we call them? Any suggestions?
:? Arabella? Eva? Theresa? (Couple of my favourite names)

Any suggestions from your family, glo?

QueenofHerts
02-03-2013, 11:33 PM
what country do you live in Glo? or do you have a farm

glo
02-04-2013, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn

Glad you're back dearest glo!:statisfie

:? Arabella? Eva? Theresa? (Couple of my favourite names)

Any suggestions from your family, glo?
Great suggestions.
I think we are waiting until we get to know the ladies and their characters. Then finding names might come naturally ...

glo
02-04-2013, 05:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QueenofHerts
what country do you live in Glo? or do you have a farm
No farm, just a small garden. See the pic in my first post in this thread. The chicken run is at the back of the garden, near the fence and gate.

I live in a small town in the UK.

Muhaba
02-05-2013, 09:53 AM
i planted some orange seeds. i can't wait until they grow - in-sha-Allah. i'm so excited!!!!!

MustafaMc
02-07-2013, 02:19 AM
What breed of chicken are those? I am guessing you don't have a rooster since you live in the city.

God willing, next weekend we will get 6 new chicks of Blue Laced Red Wyandotte. http://www.foleyswaterfowl.com/blrwyandotte.htm Perhaps I will thin out our flock of 23 this weekend and have some chicken and dumplings. Home raised chickens have a more distinct flavor than the bland ones from the market.

glo
02-07-2013, 06:10 PM
What breed of chicken are those? I am guessing you don't have a rooster since you live in the city.

God willing, next weekend we will get 6 new chicks of Blue Laced Red Wyandotte. http://www.foleyswaterfowl.com/blrwyandotte.htm Perhaps I will thin out our flock of 23 this weekend and have some chicken and dumplings. Home raised chickens have a more distinct flavor than the bland ones from the market.
These are Ranger hens - a cross between a Rhode Island Red and White Hybrid Chicken. No, no rooster ... we didn't want to push our luck with the neighbours! lol

http://www.poultrycentre.co.uk/ranger-hen_p22328507.htm

I always love to see pictures of your chickens on Barbara's page. Do you slaughter hens for eating once their egg laying drops?

MustafaMc
02-07-2013, 10:59 PM
I haven't heard of a Ranger before. We chose our breeds as being good layers, for meat production and foraging. Ranger sounds like it would be along the same lines.

No, she hasn't let me slaughter any hens yet, but our coop is getting full. Each year a few hens will go broody and hatch out several chicks. It is getting to the point where we need to trim a few hens - probably some of the younger ones as she is more attached to our original ones.

Cabdullahi
02-07-2013, 11:01 PM
No garden for me...I reside in mid-air.

MustafaMc
02-17-2013, 07:30 PM
The newest additions to our flock are 7 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks; however, it is unknown how many will actually have the grayish blue lacing, or feather trim, as the genetics of this color does not breed true. The black and the splash (white) individuals breed true, but the blue ones have one black allele and one splash allele of this color gene.

BB (black) X BB > 100 BB
bb (splash) X bb > 100% bb
BB X bb > 100% Bb (blue)
Bb (blue) X Bb > 25% BB (black), 50% Bb (blue), 25% bb (splash)

MustafaMc
02-17-2013, 08:36 PM
Our original flock included a few chickens of this breed, but we got them from a large hatchery and the breed was not very pure. The breeder in Kentucky that we got these chicks from has spent many years and dollars refining and selecting his flock back to original characteristics as noted in a small booklet where he wrote, "The BLRW variety was first developed in Germany so you will notice that I will refer to the German breeders often. They have been working with this variety a long time and it shows in their beautiful birds." (fyi, glo)

iRock
02-18-2013, 11:31 AM
I like your garden :D

MustafaMc
02-24-2013, 04:10 AM

Picture of the chicks, taken today.

sister herb
02-24-2013, 08:55 AM
I brought yesterday more seeds to my garden; basilica, malabari lemon crass, zucchini, callistephus chinesis and parsley.

Muhaba
02-24-2013, 04:25 PM
ah a garden where chicks grow. what a beautiful garden!!! I want one too.

sister herb
02-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Salam alaykum

When you grown your own food - you certainly know what you eat. It is totally halal.

Muhaba
02-24-2013, 05:14 PM
i am really the farm girl. love animals. i want to raise a cow and pure milk from it and have chickens of my own and a garden with vegetables and flowers, but i'll need a really huge place for that.

Qurratul Ayn
02-24-2013, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
i am really the farm girl. love animals. i want to raise a cow and pure milk from it and have chickens of my own and a garden with vegetables and flowers, but i'll need a really huge place for that.
A farm?

:lol:

Muhaba
02-24-2013, 06:20 PM
^ a farm girl, yes. whew i've been reading and typing so much my fingers hurt and i can't write properlly.

MustafaMc
02-24-2013, 07:39 PM
In shaa Allah, one day you will have a place where you can do as you would like. Farming is a lot of work. Yesterday, I cleaned out the litter in the chicken coop and gave it a good wash down. The chickens we raise are free range so the meat is tougher than what is bought at the grocery, but it has more flavor to it. My wife usually pressure cooks them and freezes portions in bags to cook with rice, dumplings, casseroles, etc.

sister herb
02-25-2013, 09:56 PM
I couldn´t resists again when I went to shop today - more seeds.

:embarrass "Christmas" Basilica and bean "Amethyst" (purple).

MustafaMc
02-25-2013, 10:53 PM
I couldn´t resists again when I went to shop today - more seeds.

:embarrass "Christmas" Basilica and bean "Amethyst" (purple).
You sound like me. We get catalogs from seed companies and the pictures are so pretty it makes me want to try them in my garden. I have our old standby varieties that I know will work and I like to compare new varieties to them.

sister herb
02-26-2013, 12:04 PM
You sound like me. We get catalogs from seed companies and the pictures are so pretty it makes me want to try them in my garden. I have our old standby varieties that I know will work and I like to compare new varieties to them.
I know - I am hopeless with seeds. :embarrass And next I will be hopeless with the plants... but it is just at the May.

glo
04-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Our chickens have started laying!

glo
04-19-2013, 12:30 PM
At the risk of becoming boring ... more egg pics.
I am amazed at the difference in sizes. All chickens are the same age and breed.

sister herb
04-19-2013, 02:08 PM
^^ A lot of omelettes soon?

Silent Peace
04-19-2013, 09:14 PM
They look nice Masha'Allah :)

MustafaMc
04-20-2013, 06:10 AM
Nice pictures, glo. Glad you hens are coming of age. We have 4 hens setting on eggs now that I hope will hatch out soon. Our Blue Laced Red Wynadottes chicks are growing well and sure are getting pretty. In shaa Allah, I will post some pictures soon.

I had planted several tomato and pepper varieties into flats and they are starting to grow pretty good now, as God has willed.

glo
04-20-2013, 06:48 AM
Nice pictures, glo. Glad you hens are coming of age. We have 4 hens setting on eggs now that I hope will hatch out soon. Our Blue Laced Red Wynadottes chicks are growing well and sure are getting pretty. In shaa Allah, I will post some pictures soon.

I had planted several tomato and pepper varieties into flats and they are starting to grow pretty good now, as God has willed.
Our winter has been long and cold this year, Mustafa, and we are behind with starting our growing season.

Broad beans are growing now and Will (hubby) has started off tomatoes, lettuces and summer cabbages.
Potatoes are in the ground and the beds are prepared for sowing.
We are just waiting for it to get a TINY bot warmer.

As always, I envy you your extended growing season. :)

sister herb
04-20-2013, 09:56 AM
First crocuses are finally open. Still snow on the ground - not much.

I got before seeds of the white strawberries from UK and they started to germinate some days ago (inside of course as ground is still on ice).

MustafaMc
04-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Latest pictures of our latest chicken additions. The ones with grayish-blue feather trim are Blue Laced Red Wyandotte and the white (called splash) and black trimmed ones differ from the BLRW only in a single color gene.

MustafaMc
04-20-2013, 12:21 PM
I got before seeds of the white strawberries from UK and they started to germinate some days ago
I haven't heard of growing strawberries from seed before.

sister herb
04-20-2013, 01:12 PM
I haven't heard of growing strawberries from seed before.
Salam alaykum

From where you think that the strawberries comes from if not from seeds? It is faster to buy seedlings but someone has grown them too - from seeds.

;D

Growing them from seeds is interesting hobby. It may takes years to get berries. :exhausted Now I have something to wait. My white strawberries.

Strawberries are also by yellow, green and blue. Blue ones I refuse to grow ever.

Unfortunately they are real not by photoshop makes pic. Genetic has mixed with the genes of the arctic flounder fish.

^o)

I like to eat berry as berry and fish as fish.

glo
04-20-2013, 02:07 PM
First crocuses are finally open. Still snow on the ground - not much.
Out crocuses have gone now, but the daffodils are out.
Interesting to see how spring is making it's way northwards. :)

crimsontide06
04-20-2013, 03:31 PM
One day I'd love to have my own garden. I'd want these (And POSSIBLY a chicken coop...)

Apple tree
Orange tree
Peach tree
Cherry tree

strawberries
blueberries

Vegetables
tomatoes
watermelon
squash
pumpkins
potatoes...regular and sweet
peas-black eyed peas and green
onions
okra
lettuce
eggplant
cucumber
cauliflower
carrot
cabbage
broccoli
oh and maybe corn :)

sister herb
04-20-2013, 04:22 PM
Out crocuses have gone now, but the daffodils are out.
Interesting to see how spring is making it's way northwards. :)

When I look the picture I can smell that flower!

sister herb
05-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Article published over year ago, but good to know anyways...

Gardening to help the fight blues

DOCTORS in the UK are to swap pills for the potting shed under plans to prescribe gardening as a way to help patients beat depression.
Time spent planting, pruning and propagating can be more powerful than a dose of expensive drugs, according to Sir Richard Thompson, president of the Royal College of Physicians.
He claims the Government's health reforms will give GPs more choice in how to treat patients, and allow them the freedom to embrace the physical and mental health benefits of horticulture.
"Drug therapy can be really expensive, but gardening costs little and anyone can do it," said Sir Richard, who is a patron of Thrive, a national charity that provides gardening therapy.
The idea is the latest in a long line of offbeat ideas aimed at improving the nation's health, from dance lessons that can combat obesity to sending depressed people on camping trips. Under the coalition's health reforms, clinical groups led by GPs will commission services and Sir Richard, who spoke out in favour of the changes, believes patients could benefit more from gardening classes than extra medication.
"I have, for some time, thought doctors should prescribe a course of gardening for people who come to them with depression or stroke," Sir Richard said. "The new commissioning structures about to be introduced might allow more innovative treatment approaches to be put in place, including the opportunity to try gardening rather than prescribe expensive drugs."
Too often, appointments are rushed and doctors are unable to spend time talking to their patients. "There are definite benefits to longer consultations - I would much rather a doctor had time to listen to patients and, instead of prescribing anti-depressants, prescribe a course of gardening."
Half an hour spent working in the garden can burn off some 200 calories, according to a study published last year. Sir Richard added: "I always wonder why people go to the gym when there is a 'green gym' outdoors for us all - and, what's more, it's free. Gardening burns off calories; makes joints supple and is fantastic exercise. It is a physical activity that has been shown to be helpful in the treatment of anxiety, depression and dementia."
Ian Rickman, who suffered a stroke at the age of 40 which left him paralysed down one side, has since been helped by Thrive.
He said: "At first, I burst into tears a lot. I couldn't see a way I would ever be able to live my life again, to walk out into a garden, let alone work in a garden. Therapy through gardening is a powerful tool - it helped me come to terms with my stroke, and it helped me learn how to live again."
The idea of gardening as a therapy is gaining high-profile backing from other quarters. The TV presenter Alan Titchmarsh has hailed horticulture for being "great as a therapy" that can "make a real difference to disabled people's lives". And the Health minister Paul Burstow added: "There is plenty of evidence to show the benefits of exercise on people's health and well-being. I'm sure gardening brings those benefits."

Source: http://www.frasercoastchronicle.com....blues/1319045/

Woodrow
05-25-2013, 09:23 PM
I may be able to get in a small garden this year. It has finally warmed enough to plant a few things. The winter lasted so long we are going to have a very short growing season. The large farms have not started planting yet, there is still the possibility of a hard freeze over the next couple of weeks. The garter snakes that hibernated in my basement have come out of hibernation.

Here is a video of my back yard and what I now need to clean up. Hard to believe three weeks ago this was all under snow. Today I'm pulling weeds, mowing grass and planting some tomatoes from seed. No Garter snakes show up until the last 3 minutes of the video. :D

sister herb
05-25-2013, 09:40 PM
Uncomfortable if needs to find from garden snakes. +o( I search from mine just only snails and slugs. :embarrass

~Zaria~
05-25-2013, 09:44 PM
^ MashaAllah, thanks for sharing!

It looks like you have your work cut out for you uncle Woodrow!

We dont really get snow where I am from, so its interesting to see the different challenges people face in different parts of the world.

All the best with this season in shaa Allah.

glo
05-25-2013, 09:47 PM
No snakes in Finland, sister harb?

My husband has tried to show me grass snakes - usually first thing in the morning when they hide under things and are still cold and sluggish. We never had any luck, although I saw one last year, curled up on a branch sunbathing. Sadly it didn't wait for me to get my camera out ...

Not sure I would be brave enough to pick one up though.

sister herb
05-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Yes in Finland has snakes too but they are quite rare and just one is poisonous, "kyy", viper by English, and that one might be deadly poisonous only to children or older people, not to health adults. I haven´t never seen any snake here at all, so they are very rare. Here is also grass snake, but it is not poisonous at all. Rare too.

Woodrow
05-26-2013, 12:07 AM
Uncomfortable if needs to find from garden snakes. +o( I search from mine just only snails and slugs. :embarrass
We find quite a few things in the yard and gardens here. The things that scare my wife are the "Gray Tiger Salamanders" When I went to get a bag of leaf mulch to work into the soil I found one, He shows up in the first minute of this video. The rest of the video is just a view of the city I live in. I did this video about 30 minutes ago. The reason I am posting it here is to show what we can expect to find in the garden. The salamanders are harmless and very beneficial as they eat many insects and do not eat any plants.

glo
05-26-2013, 07:16 PM
Here is this part of the UK the warmer weather finally seems to settle in and the risk of frost is very remote now.

Summer has been a long time coming though.
Hubby and I have spent weeks carrying little seedling plants (such as tomatoes, squashes and beans) outside during the day to enjoy the sunshine and back into the house over night to avoid the cold nights. Our sitting room looked quite a bit like a garden centre ...
(I will be honest and admit that it has tested my patience and my ability to be a supportive wife at times

- but I just about made it!)

Now the plants are finally out in the ground and seem to be doing well. Will take the camera when I remember ...

sister herb
05-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Warm weather here too (actually have been warm during last weeks) and today I planted my flower seedlings and part of herbs (like thymes and mints and part of the basils).

White strawberries from seeds are already almost 5 cm tall. I doubt they don´t make berries at the first summer... need to be patient. :phew

MustafaMc
05-27-2013, 03:06 PM
White strawberries from seeds are already almost 5 cm tall.
How are the blue ones doing? lol

sister herb
05-27-2013, 03:32 PM
No blue ones to me. Red and white are enough.

sister herb
05-28-2013, 09:22 PM
My garden project is almost done: bigger space for herbs, vegetables and flowers, little wall around it (my mom has dog who loves to dig everywhere), tomorrow last seeds and seedlings... some more flowers to the pots.

Six different kind of mints this year (green mint, peppermint, spicy mint, catnip mint, grape mint and... chocolate mint), five different basils... totally 20 different herbs, carrots, radish, spinach, potatoes, pea, bean...

nila11
05-31-2013, 08:20 AM
I would like to gardening because it is best for our environmental issue if we want clean our atmosphere or breath in clean air so increase number of plants.

MustafaMc
05-31-2013, 12:31 PM
Six different kind of mints this year (green mint, peppermint, spicy mint, catnip mint, grape mint and... chocolate mint), five different basils... totally 20 different herbs, carrots, radish, spinach, potatoes, pea, bean...
...so, you like variety? On Monday we planted our beans and cowpeas, but I haven't counted how many different varieties yet. In sha Allah, I will post pictures once it comes up.

glo
05-31-2013, 02:07 PM
Here are some pictures from our vegetable garden:

Apple blossoms

Broad beans

Potatoes

Tomatoes

Peas (under netting to keep the pigeons out!)

Woodrow
05-31-2013, 03:42 PM
The ground finally dried out enough for the farms to start plowing. The farm at the end of my street started tilling the other night. They were done by the time I woke up in the morning. Here is what a North Dakota farm looks like. Although many do plant small backyard gardens, the commercial farms are owned by big corporations and the workers spend just a few days a year at each one. They work farms all throughout the Central states.

I do not know what they plan to plant this year, but it is off to a late start and wont be enough growing time for most crops. I suspect it will be either soy beans or sunflowers. I hope it will be sunflowers if so I'll post some pictures after they bloom

GodIsAll
05-31-2013, 06:17 PM
...so, you like variety? On Monday we planted our beans and cowpeas, but I haven't counted how many different varieties yet. In sha Allah, I will post pictures once it comes up.
Not fair!
Not fair for MustafaMc to show off his plants!
Isn't your doctorate in botanical genetic engineering or something equally mind binding?
That's like having a rocket powered green thumb...or something.

(In truth I wish I could get him to help me figure out why my rhododendrons won't bloom)

sister herb
05-31-2013, 07:13 PM
Salam alaykum

What is cowpea?

Is it by Latin as Vicia faba?

GuestFellow
05-31-2013, 10:34 PM
I actually thought of starting a garden business lol.

the_stranger
06-01-2013, 12:47 AM
I'm so jealous of all of you!!!

I live in a high rise apartment building in a densely populated urban area. The closest thing I have to a garden is the bag of lettuce in my refrigerator :cry:.

GodIsAll
06-01-2013, 01:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by the_stranger
I'm so jealous of all of you!!!

I live in a high rise apartment building in a densely populated urban area. The closest thing I have to a garden is the bag of lettuce in my refrigerator :cry:.
Is it growing?

the_stranger
06-01-2013, 01:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
Is it growing?

If this thread was called How Does Your Mold Grow?, then I would have something to contribute!

GodIsAll
06-01-2013, 01:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GuestFellow
I actually thought of starting a garden business lol.
Why not do it? Is it still a passion?

When I retire here in 6 years (God willing), I plan on moving west and starting a mushroom farm. I love cloning and cultivating gourmet mushrooms....it's a real passion and my favorite hobby (when time allows).

GodIsAll
06-01-2013, 01:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by the_stranger

If this thread was called How Does Your Mold Grow?, then I would have something to contribute!
LOL, indeed!
And here I am, hoping it's not Aspergillus niger​. I am such a myconerd

MustafaMc
06-01-2013, 03:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I hope it will be sunflowers if so I'll post some pictures after they bloom
Sunflowers are among the prettiest crops during the bloom period. We grew Summer Sensations and Velvet Queen last year.

GodIsAll
06-01-2013, 03:39 AM
You're going to post some photos any second now that make me feel like the most incompetent gardener ever, aren't you?

(Truthfully, I'd love to see what you can do to enhance the growth and health of plants...especially if I don't try to grow the same species as well)

MustafaMc
06-01-2013, 04:35 AM
You're going to post some photos any second now that make me feel like the most incompetent gardener ever, aren't you?
Well, no, it's not a competition. We have had a wet spring and only planted on Monday. This picture was taken after I finished hipping the rows and immediately before planting. The beans and peas were starting to come up today, but I haven't taken pictures of the seedlings yet.

MustafaMc
06-01-2013, 04:39 AM

This snapshot is the garden plan. The long rows have been planted and have begun to emerge.

glo
06-01-2013, 09:02 AM
Well, no, it's not a competition. We have had a wet spring and only planted on Monday. This picture was taken after I finished hipping the rows and immediately before planting. The beans and peas were starting to come up today, but I haven't taken pictures of the seedlings yet.

Mustafa's wife assures me that no chicken was harmed in the tilling of this field! LOL

MustafaMc
06-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Salam alaykum

What is cowpea?

Is it by Latin as Vicia faba?
Wa alaikum assalam, no, Vicia faba is the broad bean or fava bean that glo is growing. The cowpea is also known as field peas that are very different from what we know as English or sweet peas. The cowpea originated in Africa and I believe was brought to the USA by slaves. This website is where I have gotten several of the varieties that we grow. I love to try different kinds to see what works best for me in southern USA where it is hot and humid in the summer. http://www.rareseeds.com/store/vegetables/cowpeas/

GuestFellow
06-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Why not do it?
I don't have a garden and I'm allergic to some plants.

sister herb
06-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Salam alaykum

Thanks about information. I growned Vicia faba before. We call it in my language as "bull bean" (härkäpapu).

:embarrass

I grow this year rose bean, butter bean, kidney bean and green bean.

GuestFellow
06-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Salam alaykum

I grow this year rose bean, butter bean, kidney bean and green bean.
:sl:

You can grow kidneys in your back garden? I didn't know that.

sister herb
06-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Salam alaykum

Kidney BEAN. Not kidneys of human.

GuestFellow
06-01-2013, 02:03 PM
^ I love those beans. =)

sister herb
06-01-2013, 02:11 PM
I knew you didn´t really mean human kidneys on my garden.

;D

glo
06-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Are kidney beans not poisonous unless they are cooked very well?
I have only ever cooked them from being dried. How do you cook and eat them fresh, sis harb? (I just typed sis herb there - LOL)
Do you eat the whole pod or just the beans inside?

GuestFellow
06-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Yes eating kidneys is not good for you.

sister herb
06-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Salam alaykum

I have ate kidney beans all my life and I am still alive. ^o) I am professional chef and know how to cook beans.

glo
06-01-2013, 02:48 PM
You make me laugh, sister herb. ;D

GuestFellow
06-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Salam alaykum

I have ate kidney beans all my life and I am still alive. ^o) I am professional chef and know how to cook beans.

I think she meant an actually kidney. That can kill you if you eat it raw taken out from a human.

sister herb
06-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Maybe I should change my name as sister herb.

GuestFellow
06-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Maybe I should change my name as sister herb.

Yes that would be a nice name.

sister herb
06-01-2013, 02:53 PM

I think she meant an actually kidney. That can kill you if you eat it raw taken out from a human.
Salam alaykum

We are talking here BEANS.

^o)

GuestFellow
06-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Salam alaykum

We are talking here BEANS.

^o)
:wa:

Are beans the same as lentils?

glo
06-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Are kidney beans not poisonous unless they are cooked very well?
I have only ever cooked them from being dried. How do you cook and eat them fresh, sis harb? (I just typed sis herb there - LOL)
Do you eat the whole pod or just the beans inside?

No! I meant eating kidney BEANS (see above post) ;D

In their raw state, they [kidney beans]do contain toxins that make them unsuitable for consumption. Eating raw or inadequately cooked beans can lead to symptoms that indicate food poisoning

However, when the beans are soaked for 18 hours, between 22 to 66 per cent of the protein is removed.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...s-1069434.html

sister herb
06-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Salam alaykum

Lentils are not same as beans. Lentils are pea.

GuestFellow
06-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Salam alaykum

Lentils are not same as beans. Lentils are pea.

Which is better for you?

sister herb
06-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Salam alaykum

I have peas too in my garden.

And 23 different herbs.

GuestFellow
06-01-2013, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Salam alaykum

I have peas too in my garden.

And 23 different herbs.

Which are more good for you? Lentils or beans?

sister herb
06-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Salam alaykum

Both.

GodIsAll
06-02-2013, 06:30 AM

This is a nice looking piece of ground you have, Mustafa. How many acres do you have?
Nice looking soil, too. Nice color, a little loamy...unlike my 10 acres which is shaded almost totally with huge oaks and hickory trees. The oak leaves, as I am sure you know, add acidity the soil, so pH adjustments are a constant battle. The earth itself is hard pan red clay, full of more limestone than you imagine.

So, I have become a builder of rock gardens. I build huge beds of stone 2-3' high and add a mixture of 1 part topsoil:1 part composted horse manure : I part sand.

The next trick trick was finding perennials, especially blooming one's, that thrive in little sunlight and in acid soil. Those parameters seriously take away most options. That being said, after 16 years of this, that I finally have all 12 of these plant beds loaded and thriving. I do enjoy plants so much!

I'll post photos if anyone is interested to see what I have built.

glo
06-02-2013, 08:06 AM
That being said, after 16 years of this, that I finally have all 12 of these plant beds loaded and thriving. I do enjoy plants so much!
Please do! :)

sister herb
06-02-2013, 08:11 AM
Now I have 24 herbs. Last one is:

Comfrey (also comphrey) is an important herb in organic gardening. It is used as a fertilizer and as an herbal medicine. The main species used now is Symphytum × uplandicum or Russian comfrey, a hybrid between Symphytum officinale (common comfrey) and Symphytum asperum (rough comfrey).

:D

GuestFellow
06-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Now I have 24 herbs.

How interesting. I would never have guessed you would collect herbs.

sister herb
06-02-2013, 11:27 AM
Salam alaykum

Sister Herb has grown herbs ower 20 years and knows all they Latin names.

GuestFellow
06-02-2013, 11:31 AM
^:sl:

Okay. That's very nice. Can you grow herbs inside the house? I don't have a garden. I'm so distraught. :cry:

sister herb
06-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Salam alaykum

Inside too. To what direction your windows are? Hopely to south.

GuestFellow
06-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Salam alaykum

Inside too. To what dirtection your windows are? Hopely to south.

I don't know.

I will grow some plants and turn my house into a greenhouse.

sister herb
06-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Salam alaykum

You don´t know where is south? How? When I walk in forest I always know where is south and north, east and west. :nervous:

I have no idea in what country you live.

Hopely this helps you:

http://www.islamicfinder.org/

sister herb
06-02-2013, 12:23 PM
"Cur moriartur homo, cui salvis credit in hortus." - "Why anyone would die, whose garden sage is growing."

Woodrow
06-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Our gardens in North Dakota are suffering. Now having a cold snap. Current Temperature is only 39 F / 4C. It was quite a bit colder at dawn. Might have had a frost. Those of us who planted seeds will probably have to wait a few more weeks before they start sprouting.

sister herb
06-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Salam alaykum Uncle Woody

Cound you use the covered with gauze?

GuestFellow
06-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Sister herb grows boring stuff. :p:

MustafaMc
06-02-2013, 01:44 PM
This is a nice looking piece of ground you have, Mustafa. How many acres do you have?
Thank you. We have 3 acres, but only really use about a 0.8 acre and our garden is 40 ft X 100 ft.
Nice looking soil, too. Nice color, a little loamy...unlike my 10 acres which is shaded almost totally with huge oaks and hickory trees. The oak leaves, as I am sure you know, add acidity the soil, so pH adjustments are a constant battle. The earth itself is hard pan red clay, full of more limestone than you imagine.
Our soil is almost pure black clay that we call 'gumbo'. I added 4 dump truck loads of sandy soil and 14 pickup loads of composted gin trash to greatly improve the tilth of the soil. Last year the soil was in ideal condition, but the organic matter has started breaking down as evidenced by the soil being harder to till this year with a lot more clods. My wife had to water the garden to get it to come up due to the cloddy nature of the soil that did not give good soil to seed contact. God willing I will add more compost this fall. I have an excellent source of free compost as the nearby cotton gin has a huge mound of 'gin trash' with is leaf and other waste removed from ginning the cotton. I had posted pictures earlier where I took some of this gin trash and further composted it along with discarded cotton seed.
So, I have become a builder of rock gardens. I build huge beds of stone 2-3' high and add a mixture of 1 part topsoil:1 part composted horse manure : I part sand.

The next trick trick was finding perennials, especially blooming one's, that thrive in little sunlight and in acid soil. Those parameters seriously take away most options. That being said, after 16 years of this, that I finally have all 12 of these plant beds loaded and thriving. I do enjoy plants so much!

Sure we would like to see your garden beds.

sister herb
06-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Sister herb grows boring stuff. :p:
Ssalam alaykum

Boring? When I grow chocolate mint?

;D

GuestFellow
06-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Ssalam alaykum

Boring? When I grow chocolate mint?

;D

Come back to me when you can grow man eating plants.

MustafaMc
06-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Our gardens in North Dakota are suffering. Now having a cold snap. Current Temperature is only 39 F / 4C. It was quite a bit colder at dawn. Might have had a frost. Those of us who planted seeds will probably have to wait a few more weeks before they start sprouting.
I am sorry, respected brother, but I don't think I could handle living in North Dakota. Frost in June? Wow!!!!

sister herb
06-02-2013, 02:24 PM

Come back to me when you can grow man eating plants.
Salam alaykum

I plants also potatoes, beans and onions. Most of men eat them.

^o)

Woodrow
06-02-2013, 05:47 PM
I am sorry, respected brother, but I don't think I could handle living in North Dakota. Frost in June? Wow!!!!
Fortunately none of the plants had sprouted and the soil is plenty damp. I doubt if any damage was done except for delaying the sprouting. This may be one of those rare Junes we get a snowfall or two in June. Since weather records have been kept up here there has been at least one recorded snowfall in every month except August. I think I am discovering why "Winter Wheat" is the most productive crop up here.

Dorothy said "Toto, I don't think we are in Kansas anymore."

I am saying "Aabidah, I don't think I am Texas in anymore."

I ordered a few plants I am going to try up here. I may be the first to try growing figs in ND. I ordered 2 "Brown Turkey" fig trees and the most hardy fig I know off and self pollinating. (Don't need fig wasps) I believe I can cut them back to about 6 inches tall each fall and cover heavily in Leaf Mold. and get them to produce at least a few figs each year. I used to grow them in Louisiana and would get figs on rooted foot tall cuttings a month after setting them out. Think if I can get good deep roots I'll be able to have figs on the new growth that should pop up in mid June.

Another one I am going to try is a Red Banana, Red Darjeeling (Musa sikkimensis) that has even been found high in the Himalayas.

But outside of those I am sticking with stuff that has a very short growing season 100 days or less and stuff native to this climate. The herbs I'm trying are all in planters I can bring in for the winter.

I am not planting a garden per se, but rather small clumps throughout the yard About 2 foot diameter patches, just enough to be in the way when I try to mow the grass.

These are what I've planted so far

Aunt Ruby's German Green Tomato

Black Brandywine Tomato

Chocolate Cherry Tomato

Ultimate Opener Hybrid Tomato

Cutting Celery

Indian Berries Popcorn

Ashley Cucumber

Diana Dill

Christmas Basil

Italian Large Leaf Basil

Lavender Lady Seed

Greek Oregano

Rosemary

Broadleaf Sage

Sweet Marjoram

Winter Thyme

Vine Peach Or Mango Melon

Moss Curled Parsley

Hot Pepper Mix

Mammoth Sandwich Island Salsify

Cherokee Purple Tomato

White Wonder Tomato

Marketer Cucumber

Snake Gourd

Aunt Mollys Ground Cherry

Nanking Bush Cherry

Thomas Moore Tomatoe

The Dutchman Tomato

MustafaMc
06-02-2013, 06:00 PM
The Indian Berries Popcorn reminded me of the Glass Gem Popcorn I ordered this year. http://greenlifeinsocal.com/2012/06/16/glass-gem-corn/

Woodrow
06-02-2013, 06:57 PM
The Indian Berries Popcorn reminded me of the Glass Gem Popcorn I ordered this year. http://greenlifeinsocal.com/2012/06/16/glass-gem-corn/
The glass gems look prettier. The Indian berries look more like the decorative Indian corn

SOURCE

glo
06-03-2013, 04:20 PM
Here are a couple of guys who live in our garden. Both useful in their own way.

Woodrow
06-03-2013, 04:53 PM

Looking at the second picture makes me think you forgot to pick your egg plant and it hatched.

GuestFellow
06-03-2013, 04:56 PM

There is a green material wrapped around the chicken's leg. Did you do that?

glo
06-03-2013, 05:16 PM
Looking at the second picture makes me think you forgot to pick your egg plant and it hatched.
I don't know how to tell you this, Woodrow ... but that's NOT where chickens come from ... ;D

sister herb
06-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Chickens comes from eggs... but then cock is needed too.

GuestFellow
06-03-2013, 07:10 PM
^...okay...

Gardening takes too much work. I don't have the patience for it.

sister herb
06-05-2013, 07:17 PM
^^

Salam alaykum

Gardeners are also health people because they work a lot outside and eat fresh vegetables and herbs.

White Rose
06-05-2013, 09:21 PM

May I ask if you know the background of the chicken? Like what family they belong to?

Chickens comes from eggs... but then cock is needed too.
Yeah poor cock, easily forgotten :hmm:.

glo
06-06-2013, 06:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by White Rose
May I ask if you know the background of the chicken? Like what family they belong to?
I know what breed they are, if that what you mean. They are Ranger chickens, a cross between a Rhode Island Red and White Hybrid Chicken.

I know where we bought them from, but no, I don't know who bred and grew these particular chickens.

sister herb
06-06-2013, 10:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by White Rose
Yeah poor cock, easily forgotten :hmm:.
Yes, without cocks we get eggs but no chickens.

sister herb
06-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Salam alaykum

My herbs (hopely I remember they all):

Dill
Parsley
Green mint
Spicy mint
Peppermint
Catnip mint
Grapefruit mint
Chocolate mint
Anise hyssop
Hyssop
Oregano
Thyme
Lemon thyme
Sage
Basil
Lemon basil
Red basil
Bush basil
Spicy basil
Melissa
Chamomile
Chives
Symphytum officinale (this I don´t use as it might increase problems of liver but it is great fertilizer to herbs)
Lovage
Satureja

White Rose
06-06-2013, 09:57 PM
I know what breed they are, if that what you mean. They are Ranger chickens, a cross between a Rhode Island Red and White Hybrid Chicken.

I know where we bought them from, but no, I don't know who bred and grew these particular chickens.
Oh thanks! Its okay, thats actually what I wanted to know. She reminds me of my old friend once upon a time :D.

Muhaba
06-07-2013, 05:23 AM
I wonder if I can grow any plants in this apartment's balcony?

glo
06-07-2013, 05:45 AM
Sure, you can try growing tomatoes and lettuce in grow bags, also beans or courgettes/zucchini. Strawberries and tumbling tomatoes grow very well in hanging baskets too. :)

You can still buy established plants now, but it would probably be too late (depending on where you live) to grow from seeds now.

sister herb
06-07-2013, 09:02 AM
Most of herbs you can grow in pots like basil, thyme, coriander, sage, parsley, dill... and others like tomatoes (like Glo wrote), cucumber, lettuce. Ampel strawberry is one berry what is normal in here in balcony.

Ooops I forgot from my herb list cinnamon basil. Seems that one my sage will starts to flower. :statisfie

tw009
06-13-2013, 05:42 PM
I planted green chili seeds in my balcony sometime in May, and they still haven't grown, Whyyyy!?!? :(

sister herb
06-13-2013, 05:54 PM
What kind of place your balcony is? "The seed needs at least 20°C to germinate." More: http://www.tropicalpermaculture.com/...-chillies.html

glo
06-13-2013, 09:36 PM

sister herb
06-20-2013, 12:54 PM
I got today two more herbs to my garden: Greek Oregano and Coriander.

Now I have 28 different herbs.

Qurratul Ayn
06-28-2013, 08:47 PM

Windsor Castle, the flowers outside

The beautiful tree in my workplace; it's called the twisted maple. It's absolutely gorgeous

Muhaba
06-29-2013, 07:54 AM
^ what a beautiful sight!
ما أجمل الرؤية

I love hanging plants and plan to get some for my balcony soon. Any ideas for hot middle east climate?

sister herb
07-26-2013, 05:09 PM
This I got today

aihekuva 1asp?id474889 -
sage ( Salvia x sylvestris)

and this

mint of Morocco

Now I have 30 herbs in my garden.

glo
07-27-2013, 09:05 AM
Our harvest has started. There is much to do every day, usually followed by more work (cooking or food processing) at home. Peas need shelling and freezing, berries are made into jams and cordials, etc.)

sister herb
07-27-2013, 10:29 AM
I am harvest too. Spinach today, soon potatoes.

Woodrow
07-28-2013, 06:12 AM
My poor attempt at a garden fizzled this year. The weather never got warm enough and most of my seeds did not sprout. Fortunatly I saved most of the seeds and will start them indoors in about March,

The few plants that did sprout are still very small and cold weather is already setting in. Nights are getting to be very cold and I believe we will have our first frost in just a matter of days. This has been a cold summer even by North Dakota standards.

The night time temperatures have been getting down into the low 40's F and a few nights even in the 30s. Most days have not even reached 70F although just 2 weeks ago a few days hit 90F I do not think the big commercial farms have done much better. I have not seen any fields that are producing anything. This will mean higher food prices next year as the Dakotas produce about 1/4 of the grain produced in the US

Current temp is 50F at the moment we are having a warm spell last night at this time it was 40F

glo
07-28-2013, 06:32 AM
I can't imagine living in a place like that, Woodrow. What did the indigenous people live on? I guess they followed the herds and hunted rather than growing food?
What wild plants can be eaten in your area?

Woodrow
07-28-2013, 01:26 PM
I can't imagine living in a place like that, Woodrow. What did the indigenous people live on? I guess they followed the herds and hunted rather than growing food?
What wild plants can be eaten in your area?
The North Dakota Natives were hunters and not gardeners. Here on the plains Bison, Elk, Moose, Pronghorn Antelope and Deer were very common. Bison were the staple and the life of the Plains tribes revolved around Tanaka (Bison) every part of it was used. The meat for food the hides for clothing and the making of Teepees (tents) The bones, horns and hooves also had many uses.

The plains tribes "Lakotah, Nakotah, Makotah, Dakotah, Cheyenne " (Generally grouped together as Sioux) were nomadic and followed the Bison herds. The plains were originally Grass lands very few trees are native to here. Surprisingly there were quite a few native edible plants until the prairie lands were plowed up to plant grass cows could eat. The bison thrived on the native Buffalo grass, but it was too tough for domestic cattle to eat.

Some of the Wild native plants the Enay (NA=Native American) ate were plentiful in the short growing season. Some examples I know of and have eaten just to try.

Jerusalem Artichokes (Root of wild sun flowers) Quite good.

Milk Weed (most people are unaware this is edible) The young plants taste very similar to asparagus, the immature seed pods can be boiled or fried and are very good

Dandelions (My favorite wild plant) Every part of it is edible and when you know how to prepare it is is delicious. The roots can be roasted very dark and ground as a substitute for coffee

Wild plums, they are on small shrubs and a little tart but good very similar to the Sloe Berries you have in the UK

Burdock , another plant most people are unaware has edible parts. The roots can be prepared like potatoes

Wild Hazel nuts a small shrub very similar to their close relative Filberts

In a few parts of the state there are native Birch and sugar maple trees. While most people are aware of maple trees and maple syrup and maple sugar, few are aware the same cane be done with Birch Sap. I actually prefer Birch Syrup over maple syrup but it is expensive to buy it takes about 10 times more sap to produce syrup than it takes from maple trees.

Young thistle plants are abundant and the young plants are edible

In a few parts of the state wild onions and wild asparagus can be found

Cattails in nearly all of the numerous lakes, most people are unaware every part of it is edible

Wild rice is found in nearly every water way, It is not a true rice, but a close relative and can be prepared the same as the oriental rices. It was a staple of the Enay.

There was a variety of grass called "Nut Grass" it produced small crisp tubers very similar to water chestnuts and was eaten raw and cooked. it was plentiful and a staple food, but now seems to be extinct in North Dakota. I've only read about it and never ate it

There were numerous berries in the past Blueberries, Blackberries, Strawberries etc but they now seem to be extinct in the wild. Although I have found wild Strawberries in Nearby Minnesota.

glo
08-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Some more pictures from our allotment garden. Now is the busiest time with harvesting and processing food.

Lady Godiva squash (grown for its seeds)

Tomatoes are late this year. This is our first red outdoor tomato

Too early for apples, but God willing we will have a good harvest!

Red and white currants

Not for eating, but pretty - a Peacock butterfly

Once again I am reminded of God's abundant blessings for us. I am indeed very blessed! :statisfie

sister herb
08-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Glo...

By your pictures...

You make me hungry!

:embarrass

sister herb
08-08-2013, 07:54 PM

Not for eating, but pretty - a Peacock butterfly

Some years ago I saw kind of butterflies 5000 at the same time on the road and I walked through the herd of them.

I was I walk in the middle of butterfly cloud.

Muhaba
08-09-2013, 01:42 AM
Wow! that was so informative.

The North Dakota Natives were hunters and not gardeners. Here on the plains Bison, Elk, Moose, Pronghorn Antelope and Deer were very common. Bison were the staple and the life of the Plains tribes revolved around Tanaka (Bison) every part of it was used. The meat for food the hides for clothing and the making of Teepees (tents) The bones, horns and hooves also had many uses.

The plains tribes "Lakotah, Nakotah, Makotah, Dakotah, Cheyenne " (Generally grouped together as Sioux) were nomadic and followed the Bison herds. The plains were originally Grass lands very few trees are native to here. Surprisingly there were quite a few native edible plants until the prairie lands were plowed up to plant grass cows could eat. The bison thrived on the native Buffalo grass, but it was too tough for domestic cattle to eat.

Some of the Wild native plants the Enay (NA=Native American) ate were plentiful in the short growing season. Some examples I know of and have eaten just to try.

Jerusalem Artichokes (Root of wild sun flowers) Quite good.

Milk Weed (most people are unaware this is edible) The young plants taste very similar to asparagus, the immature seed pods can be boiled or fried and are very good

Dandelions (My favorite wild plant) Every part of it is edible and when you know how to prepare it is is delicious. The roots can be roasted very dark and ground as a substitute for coffee

Wild plums, they are on small shrubs and a little tart but good very similar to the Sloe Berries you have in the UK

Burdock , another plant most people are unaware has edible parts. The roots can be prepared like potatoes

Wild Hazel nuts a small shrub very similar to their close relative Filberts

In a few parts of the state there are native Birch and sugar maple trees. While most people are aware of maple trees and maple syrup and maple sugar, few are aware the same cane be done with Birch Sap. I actually prefer Birch Syrup over maple syrup but it is expensive to buy it takes about 10 times more sap to produce syrup than it takes from maple trees.

Young thistle plants are abundant and the young plants are edible

In a few parts of the state wild onions and wild asparagus can be found

Cattails in nearly all of the numerous lakes, most people are unaware every part of it is edible

Wild rice is found in nearly every water way, It is not a true rice, but a close relative and can be prepared the same as the oriental rices. It was a staple of the Enay.

There was a variety of grass called "Nut Grass" it produced small crisp tubers very similar to water chestnuts and was eaten raw and cooked. it was plentiful and a staple food, but now seems to be extinct in North Dakota. I've only read about it and never ate it

There were numerous berries in the past Blueberries, Blackberries, Strawberries etc but they now seem to be extinct in the wild. Although I have found wild Strawberries in Nearby Minnesota.

Muhaba
08-09-2013, 01:45 AM
Some years ago I saw kind of butterflies 5000 at the same time on the road and I walked through the herd of them.

Subhan-Allah! Back in Pakistan there were lots of butterflies. I was able to catch one. It was so cute but it played dead as soon as I caught it, lyng in my hand with its wings folded. It flew away as soon as I went back out into the yard.

glo
08-16-2013, 09:37 PM
I bet that was amazing!

Not so long ago I was cycling to work when a butterfly was flying alongside me. We were heading in the same direction and at a similar speed and it was just flying at my shoulder height ... so for several seconds I got to watch that beautiful creature beating its wings and flying along.
It felt as if I was flying too. :)

glo
08-18-2013, 04:34 PM
Talking about pretty butterflies, today I picked over 50 caterpillars off just one cabbage plant. I fed them to the chickens ... so those are 50 caterpillars who won;t turn into butterflies ... SORRY! :p

glo
08-18-2013, 04:50 PM
What do you make of our purple potatoes? They even keep that colour when they are cooked.
A bit strange, but they taste lovely!

sister herb
08-18-2013, 05:00 PM
You can now keep purple garden party: purple potatoes, purple tomatoes, purple beans (I have them but unfortable they change to green when cook), purple lettuce and purple whatever.

:giggling:

sister herb
08-24-2013, 02:23 PM
When I harvested beans and spinach today by bear feet, ground felt cold.

:hmm: The autumn is coming here. During nights temperature might goes under +10 C.

I want summer back!

Muhaba
08-24-2013, 02:50 PM
We have summer all year round. I prefer rain and colder climates. Soon is-sha-Allah I'll be getting potted plants for my new place. I need plants at home. Cant' live without them.

sister herb
08-24-2013, 03:49 PM
We have summer all year round. I prefer rain and colder climates. Soon is-sha-Allah I'll be getting potted plants for my new place. I need plants at home. Cant' live without them.
Nice. I will come to throw you by snow ball soon.

sister herb
08-24-2013, 06:55 PM
This night temperature will goes +5C and I am happy to be muslim. Why?

Most of my hijabs are now cowering my herbs.

;D

Nice to have woolen hijabs.

sister herb
09-14-2013, 09:40 PM
I think this might goes to the wrong section but...

perfect cake to all gardeners?

Recipe you find from:

http://www.marthastewart.com/343292/...&center=276954

All you need is marzipan (what you can also make by yourself) and food colorings. The most easy is starting by grow... I mean make carrots.

Have a nice growing... I mean baking.

Basic Marzipan

Basic Marzipan is a great all-purpose marzipan recipe for dipping in chocolate, using in recipes, or forming figurines. Using this as a base, you can color, flavor, or form marzipan into many different candies or decorations. If you're simply looking to eat the marzipan, cutting it into squares is the easiest way to serve it.

Ingredients:
•2 cups granulated sugar
•1/8 tsp cream of tartar
•4 cups ground almonds (or almond meal)
•2 egg whites
•Powdered sugar for dusting

Preparation:

1. Prepare a workspace by sprinkling powdered sugar over a marble slab, wooden cutting board, or large baking sheet. Fill your sink or a large bowl with cold water.

2. Place the sugar and 2/3 cup water in a large heavy saucepan and heat gently, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.

3. Add the cream of tartar and turn up the heat. Bring to a boil and cover, boiling, for 3 minutes.

4. Uncover and boil until the temperature reaches soft-ball stage, 240 degrees on a candy thermometer.

5. Place the bottom of the saucepan in the cold water you’ve prepared, stirring the sugar mixture constantly until it becomes thick and creamy.

6. Stir in the ground almonds and the egg whites, the place back over low heat and stir for 2 minutes more until the mixture is thick.

7. Spoon the marzipan onto your prepared work surface, and turn it with a metal spatula until it cools down enough to touch.

8. Coat your hands in powdered sugar and begin to knead the marzipan, working it until it is smooth and pliant.

9. Your marzipan can now be used immediately or stored by wrapping it in plastic wrap and keeping it in an airtight container.

Or: Almond paste

100 g blanched almonds
100 g icing sugar
egg white
2 ml almond extract

Using an almond mill (if you haven´t it, beat them as fine as you can or use minced almonds), grate the almonds finely and mix with the sieved icing sugar in a bowl. Mix in some egg white, little at a time, until you get a soft and kneadable mixture. Add the almond extract and continue kneading with your hands. The resulting paste should be soft, but not sticky.

If not used immediately, wrap the almond paste tightly in plastic and store in refrigerator. Use it within a week or so to make candies, to cover cakes.

Almond paste may be coloured and flavoured with food colourings, cocoa powder and various essences and extracts, peppermint oil, rose water, orange flower water, etc.

Note that using larger quantities of liquid flavouring will make the paste softer and stickier, so add some more icing sugar in the mixture.

Do not overwork the paste when shaping or rolling it out, as this will cause the oil in the mixture to separate, making the paste oily and unworkable.

(Recipe source: "Mantelimassa", Sarje, I., ed. (1964) Hyvää ruokaa. Helsinki: Tammi.)

Muhaba
09-15-2013, 07:44 PM
^ what a nice garden! yum yum!

sister herb
09-19-2013, 04:38 PM
My sun flowers have started to flowering! They are now 3 meters tall, growed from seeds from the april, so 5 months to now.

The great tits are already interesting about them... waiting they seeds. I think to leave them to tits for the winter.

4 flowers open today.

glo
09-20-2013, 05:29 PM
This weekend we will bring in our potatoes.
The tomatoes and squashes are slowing down, because it is colder and the days are getting shorter.

So far we have saved nearly £900 since the beginning of the year by growing our own fruit and veg. I am grateful for my husband who works so hard to provide for us! :statisfie

kormath
09-21-2013, 06:16 AM
How beautiful it is!

sister herb
09-26-2013, 09:16 AM
The thermal autumn has started here (it means that overage temperature is under +10C).

imsad

Some snow yesterday and last night -2C.

The rose beans died.

imsad

glo
09-27-2013, 07:30 PM
O dear. Snow and ice already??

We are still getting tomatoes and beans and haven't harvested the winter squashes yet.
This Sunday we have our harvest festival at our church, where we express our joy and gratitude for all God's blessings and the food he provides us with.

sister herb
09-30-2013, 08:21 PM
O dear. Snow and ice already??
I live more north than you. Thanks about pictures and have a nice harvest festival.

Is it spinach in one picture?

sister herb
10-07-2013, 11:20 AM
The white strawberries are still flowering and making berries. Strange to eat fresh strawberries at October because normal season of them is June/July in here. Maybe those strawberries are not sure where they live as seeds are from UK. I wonder what they will think about winter in here...

:nervous:

glo
10-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Sister herb, it is Swiss Chard, which is from the beet family. I use it like spinach, but you can also steam the stalks (which are a bit like celery, I guess).
It's very easy to grow and quite hardy!

http://www.growveg.com/growguideplant.aspx?id=178

sister herb
10-08-2013, 06:07 PM
^^ Thanks about information, Glo.

glo
10-29-2013, 01:30 PM
Today's job: making apple rings.

sister herb
01-14-2015, 10:55 PM
Long time no posts in this thread. I finally got digital camera and can now take pictures about my garden (and yummy sweets I make too). Here is pic about my garden:

Attachment 5406

On the right side of the pic is my herb garden. Well it is there but under the snow of course.

Attachment 5407

sister herb
03-18-2015, 09:41 PM
Hot chilies grow well:

http://www.palsharing.com/i/00036/mhm2wzz58iwq.jpg

I sow lavender at Sunday and soon tomatoes and basils. :statisfie

Insaanah
03-18-2015, 09:43 PM
:ma:

How did you get them to germinate in the cold weather?

Are they near a heater/radiator?

sister herb
03-18-2015, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
:ma:

How did you get them to germinate in the cold weather?

Are they near a heater/radiator?
They are on the windowsill to the south. They get all warm of the sun and inside of my home is not cold at all to them. Temperature is over 20C most of the day.

BeTheChange
03-27-2015, 10:44 PM
Amazing very nice pictures!!

I wish i had the time for gardening! Very peaceful and rewarding job!

sister herb
03-28-2015, 07:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Amazing very nice pictures!!

I wish i had the time for gardening! Very peaceful and rewarding job!
You don´t need very much time or effort:

http://www.sturdyforcommonthings.com...5-1024x768.jpg

sister herb
04-12-2015, 05:53 PM
Hot chilies grow well:

http://www.palsharing.com/i/00036/mhm2wzz58iwq.jpg

I sow lavender at Sunday and soon tomatoes and basils. :statisfie
Chilies are now bigger. Hot chilies:

http://www.palsharing.com/i/00036/54cgjwjjtwm1.jpg

Sweet chilies:

http://www.palsharing.com/i/00036/gham8j3qyhf5.jpg

sister herb
06-07-2015, 07:41 AM
Few days ago I planted basils to old pans, pots and baskets for keeping them in the garden at summer:

Hopely this old pan is not needed during the summer... :embarrass

Lady A
06-07-2015, 08:29 AM

Sister Herb, you have quite a collection of old pots and pans ;D. Your plants are growing beautifully.

sister herb
06-07-2015, 09:09 AM
This is the biggest old pan (iron cauldron) in my garden. Its now home for the marigolds.

My mother´s mother used it before as the laundry cauldron, but it was about 60 years ago.

Perennial herbs grow well.

sister herb
06-08-2015, 07:53 AM

I planted 2 squash and 2 shark fin melons to my compost bed. I started that one last autumn with compost soil, grass, leaves and fertilizer like composted horse manure and continued to build it at the spring.

Shark fin melon is an Asian squash. I got its seeds from Thailand from my gardener friend. :shade:

sister herb
06-23-2015, 08:59 AM
Lettuce is ready for the plate.

The latest basil seedlings.

Own area for the flowers only.

Lilac is flowering.

The first rose is open.

Rhododendron

Lady A
06-23-2015, 09:44 AM
Very nice Sister Herb!

Lady A
06-23-2015, 10:10 AM
Nice growing, Sister Herb!

sister herb
06-27-2015, 12:48 PM
^^ Thanks. Now all my tiny garden smells for the peppermint, specially at the warm evenings - it´s like being in the candy shop.

;D

Soon I need to cook some peppermint syrup - and then also my all home smells the candy.

sister herb
06-28-2015, 08:08 AM
Wild flowers in my garden - Campanula patula or spreading bellflower (we call its as the bell of magpie):

I let the chamomile seeds to spread all over my garden at the last year, these grow with the lettuces:

I have read that chamomile is one of those plants which by its strong frangrance deport pests. True or not but no pests in the lettuces at this year. ;)

Kale:

Yummy in salads.

One of my special herbs - chili oregano:

Lavender. Not sure if it will flower at this year. I might have to keep it indoors at the next winter. Lavender doesn´t usually survive our winter.

As I had a bird feeder in my garden at the winter, birds didn´t eat all seeds. Some random sunflowers are growing in my garden.

sister herb
06-28-2015, 03:08 PM
Supporters for the peas:

The peas found them in minutes:

colinberry1
06-28-2015, 03:53 PM
Well my garden is like a jungle now, had to give it up to care for my wife, it is amazing how much you can get out of a grow bag, as long as you keep feeding it and keep it well watered.

I use to love gardening, had a 15 poll allotment once, grew everything, the only mad man that used to be digging in a foot of snow in the winter.

sister herb
06-30-2015, 06:59 AM
A bee in the flower of chives:

Roses:

Time of daisies:

Lady A
07-01-2015, 11:57 AM
Sister Herb,
Do you recommend any houseplants?

sister herb
07-01-2015, 01:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lady A
Sister Herb,
Do you recommend any houseplants?
It depends what kind of houseplants you like - and how often you remember to water them. ;D

Here are some of my favourites in my home (sorry, some picture have too much light - its sunny day here):

Dragon fruit - I growed few of them from the seeds.

Thats some palm - not sure about its name. Its very tall - from the floor to the ceiling.

Ivy is one of my favourites.

A little jungle (Ficus benjamina).

Saintpaulia.

We call this as the donkey´s ear. It helps to clean indoor air.

Spider plant - these I have everywhere. Despite of its name, spiders don´t specially like it. It is often called also the airplane plant or hen-and-chickens. Very easy to care.

sister herb
07-01-2015, 01:40 PM
I have also some old leaf cactus which aren´t very charming - but they make sometimes marvelous flowers:

Lady A
07-02-2015, 02:33 AM
I like the flowering sort of house plants

Is saintpaulia and African violet the same?

sister herb
07-02-2015, 06:07 AM
^^ Yes they are same.

sister herb
07-02-2015, 08:50 AM
The June was colder than usually at here and it made onions to make flowers. That´s not they usually are doing.

Beside and behind of them sunflowers, nasturtiums and rhubarb leaf.

sister herb
07-02-2015, 04:23 PM
This kind of "fluffy head" also lives in my garden:

(Anise hyssop starts to flower soon. ;D )

sister herb
07-04-2015, 06:57 PM
White foxglove:

Pink ones are open too:

Dianthus barbatus (Sweet William):

Chamomile for the evening teas:

Shark fin melons are flowering. They are smaller than they should to be but its because cold period at the June. Well, they are still alive.

Squash also flowers:

I bought 3 squash seedlings:

That one is in the frame, others with shark fin melons in the compost bed.

sister herb
07-05-2015, 08:03 AM
The first tomato:

Karl
07-06-2015, 12:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Hehe.. it's still rather bigger than mine, though!

Oddly enough, after years of neglect the Mrs and I have finally turned our attention to gardening and I had a vanload of new sand, soil, compost and such delivered this morning ready for the holiday weekend. We are trying to grow food as well, the store prices have gone through the roof recently and whereas in the past I doubt it would have been economical it certainly is now.

P.S If anybody has any tips about how to keep slugs away from salad plants without harming them (both slugs and salad), please let me know!
Put fine sand around your greens. Slugs and snails hate sand and won't cross it.

sister herb
07-06-2015, 01:50 PM
Peony buds have just started to open:

Hulk
07-06-2015, 06:53 PM
I dropped a pot of cacti someone gave me now it's in a mess.

sister herb
07-09-2015, 08:40 AM
Full opened peonies:

This peony looks like it would be a rose:

Nebula01
07-09-2015, 08:56 AM
I'd like to have a plant at home with beautiful flowers but that is easy to take care of. Any suggestions? I have the great skill to forget to water my plants and well they die.

Lady A
07-09-2015, 10:09 AM
Pretty peonies Sister Herb! I really enjoy your pics, thank you for posting.

Nebula01: I have phal orchids indoors. They only require water when potting medium is dry (for my area it takes about 1.5 weeks). The blooms last for months with the right care. Give them a try!

sister herb
07-10-2015, 04:10 PM
Hopely you don´t get tired to my garden... :exhausted

Calendula officinalis

I need a rabbit! Too much lettuces here!

sister herb
07-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Everything is so green... I will miss this color at the winter again but now its time to enjoy about it.

Herbs and flowers: hyssopus officinalis, lovage, peppermint, chamomile, dill, sun flowers).

Enough herbs for the whole year:

The old iron cauldron is now somewhere under the flowers and herbs:

It has hidden quite well. :rolleyes:

Veggies grow bigger and bigger:

Shark fin melon. It has many buds.

It fills its box quite well and makes new brances to other directions:

Lady A
07-11-2015, 02:16 PM
Calendula looks almost like a sunflower :sunny:

sister herb
07-11-2015, 02:41 PM
^^ They are like a little suns in the garden. :statisfie

sister herb
07-12-2015, 11:51 AM
A bunch of wild flowers from my garden:

Lady A
07-12-2015, 02:03 PM
^ Love it, Sister Herb! Perfect for a tea party! :statisfie

colinberry1
07-12-2015, 05:39 PM
I bought a few herb plants on the Internet, also a curry leave plant, love lots of them in my curry, so I am hoping that I can cope taking care of it.

sister herb
07-15-2015, 08:03 PM
Sunflowers have tiny buds on the top. Their seeds are from the bird feeder - the birds didn´t eat all seeds but dropped few of them to my garden. I have to remember to leave the seeds from those sunflowers to birds at the autumn as they were their gardeners, not me.

At the evening the whole garden has fragrance of herbs, specially those whose are now flowering like thyme, mints, chamomile, anise hyssop and flowers, specially peonies (their frangrance is something between fruits and cloves). Its like walking through the parfume cloud.

I can do anything else than thank Allah about the change to have a tiny garden with so many wonderful odors.

sister herb
07-17-2015, 12:09 PM
Shark fin melon has the first bud:

And beginning of the first melon:

More shark fin melons and squash in the compost bed:

With melons and squash grow also violets:

I like gardens which grow like a nature - in the wild nature too there are many different plants growing together. Plants know by themselves, which ones are suitable neighbors. Unfortunately the weeds love to grow with all... ;D

sister herb
07-20-2015, 09:07 AM
Behind the tomatoes is a secret garden... :giggling:

Muhaba
07-21-2015, 09:12 AM
MashaAllah sister herb, your plants look beautiful. I'm a plant and animal lover but gardening is a lot of work.

sister herb
07-21-2015, 10:13 AM
^^ It´s a work I love to make. Not only for the harvest season but having a little green corner is nice. :statisfie If I ever reach Jannah, my wish is to have a little soil, some seeds and a hoe.

sister herb
07-22-2015, 08:17 PM
Broad beans are flowering by black and white flowers.

Lady A
07-24-2015, 01:37 AM
I cut a really pretty rose from a miniature rose bush. Does anyone have experience propagating roses from cuttings? I ran a google search and most articles recommend a rooting hormone, which I don't have. Tips please!

sister herb
07-24-2015, 07:56 AM
Rooting hormone would help cutting to create better roots but you can try also without it. Here is some information:

http://scvrs.homestead.com/Cuttings1.html

sister herb
07-24-2015, 01:44 PM
Flowers of oregano - for yummy pizzas at the future! :p

sister herb
07-24-2015, 03:27 PM
Shark fin melon which grows in the box beside of my herb garden has started to spread its sprouts. I guided it to run along the fence.

If it could grows wildly it would cause a mess among the herbs. :phew

Lady A
07-24-2015, 04:01 PM
Thank you Sister herb! I hope I can get it to propagate and enjoy a mini rose bush for years to come, inshaAllah.

Btw, you better invite me over for that pizza! :p

sister herb
07-24-2015, 04:22 PM
^^ You are welcome dear sister. At the harvest season I will get almost all ingredients for pizzas from the garden like tomatoes, chilis, oregano, basil, onions, squash... some cheese I have to buy as I haven´t own goat. :giggling: At least not yet.

Lady A
07-24-2015, 09:33 PM
^ lol. A humble organic pizza. MashaAllah sister, may Allah keep blessing with these sweet little pleasures in life, Ameen <3

sister herb
07-27-2015, 03:15 PM
Harvest time is starting: lovages, anise hyssops, peppermints and few onions:

sister herb
07-28-2015, 07:39 AM
Harvesting today - spinach. Ready for the spinach pie... :p

Muhaba
07-28-2015, 01:25 PM
Sister Herb, I envy you lol. MashaAllah you have an awesome life. BarakAllaho feek.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.