/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how much should know?

truthforpeace
05-29-2008, 06:14 PM
So.. I have been drawn to Islam. It's my intuition. I know this is the path for me. However, I really dont know THAT much about the religion. I know that basics, the five pillars and what they entail, I've read passages of the Qu'ran, I know that pork and intoxicants are forbidden. But what else should I know? Are there any sins that cannot be forgiven upon conversion? and why do people say reversion instead of conversion?

if I am to follow my intuition alone, I would convert (or revert) today, but I dont want to rush into things and wish I had known more, if only to feel even more conviction when I do.

Any advice would be helpful

also is there a tranlation thread for the simple words that ya'll use? I don't understand anything that isnt in English for the most part :-[

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
05-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Thread Approved

Welcome to the forums :)

This thread might be helpful for basis Islamic Terms

:w:

medlink student
05-29-2008, 06:55 PM
we are all born sinless (and considered muslims), but we grow up and go astray so, when we come back to islam this is called reversion :)

hope dis makes sense.:w:

Umar001
05-29-2008, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthforpeace
So.. I have been drawn to Islam. It's my intuition. I know this is the path for me. However, I really dont know THAT much about the religion. I know that basics, the five pillars and what they entail, I've read passages of the Qu'ran, I know that pork and intoxicants are forbidden. But what else should I know? Are there any sins that cannot be forgiven upon conversion? and why do people say reversion instead of conversion?

if I am to follow my intuition alone, I would convert (or revert) today, but I dont want to rush into things and wish I had known more, if only to feel even more conviction when I do.

also is there a tranlation thread for the simple words that ya'll use? I don't understand anything that isnt in English for the most part :-[

Hey how are you?

The feeling you speak of is common, I went through it, a brother who I was speaking to before becoming Muslim went through it, he kept telling me 'I need to learn each aspect of the prayer before I become Muslim' and a sister on here if I am not mistaken used to say the same thing.

Both me and the brother would both now tell you that looking back, the hesitation is normally from Shaytan, as a way of delaying the process in the hopes that you don't go through with it. The brother tells me, that alot of brothers used to tell him 'its ok take your time etc' and that I used to be the one pushing it on him, although I disliked doing so but I did it bcause I know the feeling I had it for a while too, I even got told off by an uncle for telling the brother not to wait on his reversion.

As for the reversion, it is the Islamic view taht every son/daughter of Adam is born in a pure state, a state of fitrah, and that his parents and other things make him a Jew or a Christian or something else. So in embracing Islam, we are reverting back to the original way.

It is good not to rush into things, but also you should distinguish between rushing and taking too long for no reason. It is good to have a solid foundation in the first place insha'Allah, God Willing.

And GOD Knows best,

Br.

Eesa.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S1aveofA11ah
05-29-2008, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthforpeace

I would say to you don't delay actualising your decision as you could die anytime. Muslims believe in Heaven and Hell (ultimate never-ending destinations) - both described in the Qur'an. ALL sins will be forgiven on accepting Islam as your religion. If you just murdered 1 Billion people it would all be forgiven.

I would say to you if/when you do accept (I pray you are guided - ameen)that you strive your utmost to understand the meaning of what is called the 'kalima' (the testimony or words to becomming a Muslim) which is read as (transliterlation) "LA ILLAH ILLALLAH MUHAMMAD AR-RASOOLULLAH". It means: "None has the right to be worshipped except Allah and Muhammad is his Messenger".

Concentrate on understanding and actualising this i.e. by putting it practically into your life by acts of worship. You have to know that Allah is the 'Creator' (that is actually one of his names apart from Allah). Just as important for you to know is what nullifies/negates your Islam. 'Shirk' is the one sin Allah doesn't forgive. It means associating other Gods with Allah. For example, you believe Allah is the supreme, one and only God but also pray to Jesus or a Saint etc. Kufr means disbelief and this comes in different forms which can expell you from Islam as easily as you may enter it. Performing magic is another nullifier. Imagine it like a room with just one door. You enter via this door. The room you can imagine to be 'Islam'. Just as easily as you went into the room you can exit it via the same door hence exit the religion. However, Allah is the guider and whomsoever Allah guides none can lead astray and whomsoever Allah leads astray none can guide.

You are making the best choice in your life if you accept. Islam is the easiest religion to follow as why would God make the best religion difficult?. It has been perfected by Islam as stated in the Qur'an. It is a perfect religion although of course Muslims are NOT perfect (they are humans after all).

Find things out for yourself. Do what feels 'right' in your heart. Islam is a religion which challenges mankind to THINK - to contemplate on this amazing thing called the creation. From this one's intellect leads one to then realise that this amazing, complex creation could only have come from one supreme creator. The ultimate creator is Allah. He has no creator. No partners, rivals or equals. He has no parents or offspring. He was not born and will never die. He has always been in existence. He created everything in the creation without a teacher/instructor and he created it all from NOTHING. On top of that it was EASY for him. No effort was required.

May Allah guide you to the world's fastest growing religion - (ameen). A religion which will change your whole life. A perfect religion that NO-ONE on this earth can just hand over to you - it can ONLY come from Allah alone. If he chooses to guide you, you will become a Muslim. If you turn to Allah - realise he is true and he is all-kind, all-merciful, all-powerful then I'm sure you can become one who submits to Allah's will - A Muslim.

truthforpeace
05-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Very helpful!

Jazak Allah Khieran :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!