/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Honourable 'brothers' *cough*

Pk_#2
06-01-2008, 04:10 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Ahh sorriiii,

I did say:
Dunno if this is even Islamic, but hey if it aint, infract Guven on ma behalf... *rolls eyes*

And it STILL stands Lol.

May Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) forgive me and you, Ameen (Say Ameen)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Soulja Girl
06-01-2008, 04:19 PM
:sl:

LOL! Great story! :D

:w:

Güven
06-01-2008, 04:20 PM
LOOOOOL ;D;D

That man is "Honourable" Like Me :statisfie
I would say no to angelina Jolie too ;D:-[;D
*cough*

Snowflake
06-01-2008, 04:32 PM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Sorry to be a party pooper but we shouldn't be posting stories about Allah doing something He didn't do - appearing to woodcutters and pulling celebraties out of ponds.. na udhu billah!

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
06-01-2008, 04:55 PM
:salamext:

^ True.

And being 'proud' is a form of minor shirk.

islamirama
06-01-2008, 05:00 PM
The Lord appeared? the lord went into the river? the lord did this or that?

I"m sorry but am i in some stupid Christianity forum now?

Do you know the punishment for lieing against Allah and saying He said this or that?

to you it must be a funny little joke, how funny do you think it is in the eyes of Allah?

Güven
06-01-2008, 05:57 PM
OO I just notice (I was readin too fast)
Yeah I agree Too about the Lord Thing, It sounds realy wrong astafurallah
you could change it to rich king or something like that
because the moral is good but the Lord thing is just like christians do and its wrong like Brother islamirama And Muslima_sis said.

(and btw Sis Serene could you please explain me the difference about bein honourable and bein proud because my English is not ThAT good:) )

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Yea...the part where supposedly God appeared and went in the water wasnt very necessary. The moral was nice but the way the story was written...not good :X

------
06-01-2008, 06:00 PM

Mahmud ibn Lubayd reported, "God's messenger said: "The thing I fear for you the most is ash-Shirk al-Asghar (minor shirk)."
The companions asked "Oh! messenger of God, what is minor Shirk?"
He replied "Ar-Riya (showing off), for verily God will say on the Day of Resurrection when people are receiving their rewards, 'Go to those for whom you were showing off in the material world and see if you can find any reward from them."

[Ahmed, Baihaqee and Tabaranee]

Güven
06-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Yeah I know Bein Proud is Minor shirk its arrogant I know That

but what means Bein honourable??

------
06-01-2008, 06:07 PM

Honorable: worthy of being honored; entitled to honor and respect; "an honorable man"; "led an honorable life"; "honorable service to his country"

Source

Güven
06-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Is that the same as bein proud ??

------
06-01-2008, 06:15 PM

I think when someone is proud, they praise themselves, whilst when someone is honoured, they are praised by others.

Allaahu Aalim.

- Qatada -
06-01-2008, 06:42 PM
asalaam alaikum

doesn't proud mean to look down upon others or to turn away from the truth, thinking that he's better than it?

i don't think being honourable is a sign of riyaa' in a general sense. wa Allahu a'lam.

oh yeah, and 'the Lord' thing is a big no no.

Güven
06-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Yes but You can also Say The Sahabas(RA) were honourable People I think it means more that you are Respected by others by for example Good behaviour or good things you have done.
so it has nothin to do with bein proud I think
Allahu Alim

islamirama
06-02-2008, 12:35 AM
Honorable:
Bringing distinction or recognition
not disposed to cheat or defraud; not deceptive or fraudulent
adhering to ethical and moral principles;
honest, noble, just.

Basically it means someone who is of good character and moral and ethic values who always follow good noble values and principles. It is a character trait that you are distinguished by and stand out from other people.

Being proud is limited to self only and not others, other's can be proud of you but you too can be proud of yourself but it's not the same. An honorable person is recognized by everyone as a good decent person of great character and adaabs. Where as anyone can be proud of themselves. Hitler could be proud of himself for all he did as is Bush and as are US soldiers who rape innocent iraqi women and then jump on youtube to boast about it.

the two are not the same.

If you're proud that you got a lot of work done today then that is ok. If you are proud that you are better than others or what not then you have sinned and paved a path to hellfire for yourself.

Also, if you are pleased with someone then you praise them in their absence and not in their presence. If you do that then per hadith, dirt/dust should be thrown in your face. By praising someone in their presence, you put that person in danger of having pride and leading them into doom.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-02-2008, 03:08 AM
^^ The last part freaks me out cuz...people think I'm perfect with everything just cause I choose to get closer to Allah and try to stick to Islam. And I have to say "no don't say that, im not perfect...." cuz im not lol. So yea its creepy...

May Allah protect us, forgive us of our shortcomings and grant us all Jannah InshaAllah, Ameen!

Nájlá
06-02-2008, 10:24 AM
ameen

Souljette
06-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Ameen

Pk_#2
06-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Ameen.

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Güven
06-02-2008, 12:50 PM
AMeeen :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.