/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My learning thread

Dpm
06-05-2008, 05:20 PM
I hope to continue this thread as a way of learning for myself, I would ask the replies be direct as possible, Thank You for any help you may offer me.

My first question :

Is the Holy Qur'an the word of Allah from beginning to end, that is to say without narration.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
06-05-2008, 07:49 PM
yes the quran is the word of god from cover to cover, its isnt changed by no being

snakelegs
06-06-2008, 01:05 AM
islam believes that the qur'an is the word of god, yes.

Dpm
06-07-2008, 02:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by raOnar
yes the quran is the word of god from cover to cover, its isnt changed by no being
Thank You

Does anyone have anything more to add to this question.

And please I need to hear from Muslims.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
06-07-2008, 08:16 PM
:salamext:

Yes it is.

Check this link out for more information;

Preservation of the Quran

'Abd al-Baari
06-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Greetings,

As bro raOnar said the Qura'an is the word of Allah. This might be an interesting read for you..

The Quran openly declares:

You (O Muhammad) was not a reader of any Scripture before it, nor did you write (such a Scripture) with your right hand, for then those who follow falsehood might (have a right) to doubt it. (al-Ankabut, 29.48)

It is an established, undeniable fact that the Prophet Muhammad, upon him be peace and blessings, was unlettered. Whereas the Quran, which he brought, has challenged all mankind with all their literary geniuses and scientists, from the first day of its revelation to the Last Day, to produce a like of it or even a single chapter of it:

If you are in doubt concerning that which We have sent down onto Our servant (Muhammad), then produce a chapter of the like thereof, and call your witnesses, supporters, who are apart from God, if you are truthful. (al-Baqara, 2.23)

Mankind have since been unable to produce a like of only one of its chapters, including, of course, its shortest ones like sura al-Ikhlas or sura al-Kawthar; those who have ventured to do that have all laid themselves open to ridicule. This is a clear proof for the Divine authorship of the Quran.
Please just ask, if you have any further questions! :)

:w:

Dpm
06-07-2008, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Baari
Greetings,

As bro raOnar said the Qura'an is the word of Allah. This might be an interesting read for you..

Please just ask, if you have any further questions! :)

:w:
Thank You so very much in taking the time to reply to me.

Dpm
06-07-2008, 09:34 PM
My next question is ;

The Holy Qur'an was written is Arabic as I understand it.
Do Muslims hold that Arabic is the language of Allah and therefore is a sacred language?

And if that is so, is the Holy Qur'an, still as sacred in other languages other then Arabic.

This is to say is the Holy Qur'an, the sacred word of Allah in other languages or must a true Muslim study and learn, to know the Arabic version.

(please forgive my ignorance and see that I need understanding)

Armand
06-08-2008, 03:47 AM
Peace Dpm, and welcome to the forum. It is people like you that attain guidance from God on account of their sincerity.

format_quote Originally Posted by Dpm
My next question is ;

The Holy Qur'an was written is Arabic as I understand it.
Do Muslims hold that Arabic is the language of Allah and therefore is a sacred language?

And if that is so, is the Holy Qur'an, still as sacred in other languages other then Arabic.

This is to say is the Holy Qur'an, the sacred word of Allah in other languages or must a true Muslim study and learn, to know the Arabic version.
These are great questions!

Arabic is the tongue in which the final revelation (Qur'an) was sent down, so, yes, Muslims believe it is the most sacred language - and this is not to undermine the sacredness of other languages such as Hebrew. We also understand that God, or Allaah, is the creator of all language. He stands in no need of language in order to communicate with whom He wills, but has revealed His Word to us in a manner we may understand, glory to Him.

The Qur'an remains holy in other languages as well, although it is not nearly as sanctified as the original Arabic version. You will find the case is the same with the Bible if you consult a Jew.

It is also necessary for a person to learn classical Arabic, and the Qur'an under the guidance of a shaykh (teacher) in order to fully understand the original meaning. One of the reasons for this is to preserve the true meaning of the Book.

In fact the original is so holy that a Muslim is not permitted to touch it with their hands unless he or she is in a state of physical purity. The scripture is still sacred in non-Arabic and must be dealt with in care. It is also noteworthy that unlike previous scriptures the Qur'an was transmitted orally to the Blessed Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) by arch-angel Gabriel. It was memorized in full by Muhammad (pbuh) and his many companions, but was written down during his later days.

(please forgive my ignorance and see that I need understanding)
Don't be concerned about ignorance - we were all ignorant once. We have been given the gift of knowledge and the will to learn. That's what this board is for, so feel free to bombard us with any questions or doubts you may have (we've heard them all :)).

May the Lord guide you to His blissful religion and set your foothold firm on the Straight Path to heaven and eternal salvation.

All the best,

Armand

crayon
06-08-2008, 06:25 AM
Yes, the quran is written in Arabic.
First off, the reasons the quran was revealed in Arabic are:

format_quote Originally Posted by [URL="http://quranicteachings.co.uk/arabic.htm"
link[/URL]]
The following reasons have been given in the Qur'an for its revelation in Arabic language:

1. Arabic was the language of the people where it was revealed

وَكَذَلِكَ أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَيْكَ قُرْآنًا عَرَبِيًّا لِتُنْذِرَ أُمَّ الْقُرَى وَمَنْ حَوْلَهَا وَتُنْذِرَ يَوْمَ الْجَمْعِ لا رَيْبَ فِيهِ فَرِيقٌ فِي الْجَنَّةِ وَفَرِيقٌ فِي السَّعِيرِ

"And thus: We have revealed to you a Qur'an in Arabic so that you may warn the Foremost of all towns and those who dwell around it, and may warn of the Day of Gathering, which is beyond all doubt. One group will be in the Garden, and one group will be in the Flames." [42:7]

2. To explain it without any want of clarity, distinctness or perspicuousness

وَلَوْ جَعَلْنَاهُ قُرْآنًا أَعْجَمِيًّا لَقَالُوا لَوْلا فُصِّلَتْ آيَاتُهُ أَأَعْجَمِيٌّ وَعَرَبِيٌّ قُلْ هُوَ لِلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا هُدًى وَشِفَاءٌ وَالَّذِينَ لا يُؤْمِنُونَ فِي آذَانِهِمْ وَقْرٌ وَهُوَ عَلَيْهِمْ عَمًى أُولَئِكَ يُنَادَوْنَ مِنْ مَكَانٍ بَعِيدٍ

"Now if We had made it a Qur'an in a non-Arabic tongue they would surely have said, "Why is it that its verses have not been made clear? Why - a foreign tongue and an Arab?" Say, "For those who accept it, this is a Guidance and medicine for a wholesome life. But as for those who will not believe (Arabs or non-Arabs), in their ears is deafness, and so it remains obscure to them. They are like people who are called to from afar." [41:44]

3. To make it easy to understand

إِنَّا أَنْزَلْنَاهُ قُرْآنًا عَرَبِيًّا لَعَلَّكُمْ تَعْقِلُونَ

"Behold, We have sent it down in all clarity, in the Arabic tongue, so that you might encompass it with your reason." [12:2]

إِنَّا جَعَلْنَاهُ قُرْآنًا عَرَبِيًّا لَعَلَّكُمْ تَعْقِلُونَ

"Behold, We have made it a Qur'an in clear Arabic language that you may fully understand." [43:3]

Arabic was the most advanced and comprehensive language at the time when Qur'an was being revealed and it still is the most comprehensive. The terms, concepts and themes would be best clarified and explained in Arabic language and last but not the least, it was the language of the people where it was revealed.
As for the arabic language being "sacred" I'm not so sure, but it does have a special place in islam, being the language of the quran and all.

As for "true muslims" knowing arabic, the majority of muslims today do not know arabic. So you can be a muslim without knowing the language. However, quran can only be memorized in arabic, even though the translations may be read in other languages.

So you can read the translated version of the quran and understand the meaning, but if you want to memorize some of it, it has to be in the arabic language.

And there's no need to apologize for asking questions.:) That you actually want to learn is awesome.

Dpm
06-14-2008, 02:07 AM
Thank You Crayon for this good information.

crayon
06-15-2008, 08:01 AM
You're welcome.
Any other questions?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.