/* */

PDA

View Full Version : questions about islam

chinmoy
06-15-2008, 01:31 PM
In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.
I found this line above
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/032.qmt.html site.

I have a question regarding this.
If Allah is compassionate and merciful then
why He puts His best creatures human being to sufferings?

please let me know.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amat Allah
06-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Peace my dear.....:statisfie

when you love someone you will bear all the sufferings my dear ???

Allah loves to test his servants to see that true servant refuge to him asking him for his mercy to give that servant more and more than mercy...:statisfie

you won`t take with out giving and Allah doing this to his servants to make them give more and more then he will reward them with something more than the suffering he put them in...see Allah is The Most Compassionate The Most Mercifull my dear...:statisfie

he won`t give you if you did not do the good deeds or left the bad deeds so,Allah is pushing his servants to turn to him to give them more and more....:statisfie

I wish you will understand what I meant my dear....

may Allah guide you and reward you with paradise....

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

peace...

your sister with all my respect:

Amat Allah:statisfie

:muslimah:

YusufNoor
06-15-2008, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chinmoy
I found this line above

please let me know.
Peace be upon those who follow the guidance,

i've seen some of your posts and i have my doubts on whether or not you have one single sincere question regarding Islam.

that being said, you don't' "FIND this line" ANYWHERE as it perhaps one of the 3 MOST repeated lines in Islam IF NOT THE VERY MOST! EVERY Surah, but one, begins with it and EVERYTHING we do BEGINS with it!

why don't you take a moment to tell us why you suddenly interested in anything but propagating whatever it is you have substituted for worshiping Allah, Subhannahu Wa Ta' Aala.

:w:

aamirsaab
06-15-2008, 09:07 PM
:sl:
1) He puts us through tests. If we are not tested, we learn nothing.
2) Yes He does put us through trials and tribulations but one should never forget the wonderful gifts he gives us, namely life. True appreciation of these gifts is shown via total submission to God aka Islam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
06-15-2008, 09:18 PM
This particular question is related to the problem of evil which has already been discussed here. :)

chinmoy
06-16-2008, 04:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
:sl:
1) He puts us through tests. If we are not tested, we learn nothing.
2) Yes He does put us through trials and tribulations but one should never forget the wonderful gifts he gives us, namely life. True appreciation of these gifts is shown via total submission to God aka Islam.
He puts us through tests. If we are not tested, we learn nothing.

-- test must be equal. its common sense. we dont require any religous knowlege. I am sure Almightly God knows that! :)

but one should never forget the wonderful gifts he gives us, namely life

ask the person in the image whether life is beautiful is or not. u will get
your anser. its easy to say life is beautiful sitting in air conditionar room.

Note: brothers its not possible to argue with everyone here. it will simple
waste time and energy. if its possible to arugue with most accepted person
in this forum then i will argue. otherwise "many man many minds" will hapen
and we will distract naturally from the topic. please let me know if it is possible.

if this is possible then pls let me know then i will discuss learned person only.

snakelegs
06-16-2008, 04:53 AM

Note: brothers its not possible to argue with everyone here. it will simple
and we will distract naturally from the topic. please let me know if it is possible.

if this is possible then pls let me know then i will discuss learned person only.
"take me to your leader".
hmmmm... i do not think we have a Most Accepted Person or a Big Chief of Muslims here, so probably we don't have anyone worthy of your time and energy.
bye.

north_malaysian
06-16-2008, 05:25 AM
I found this line above

please let me know.

Why God put his best creature to sufferings?
If humans face no suffering..they'll forget God.

For example, if you are healthy... do you have the time to remember God? Not really, because you want to fill most of your time doing so many things.

And suddenly you've got a fever.... then you remember God as you want him to end your fever.

the longer you endure the suffering.. the more you remember God...the more you remember God... the more God remember you and love you.

A suffering person got lots of merits than a healthy and well-to-do person, as long as that suffering person remembers God.

Nerd
06-16-2008, 05:43 AM

-- test must be equal. its common sense. we dont require any religous knowlege. I am sure Almightly God knows that! :)
Common sense of a human being is flawed/biased like you put it so many times Chinmoy.

chinmoy
06-16-2008, 06:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nerd
Common sense of a human being is flawed/biased like you put it so many times Chinmoy.
again jugglery of words and tricky way avoiding questions!
you know that human beings also include whom ...(not need to mention otherwise my post will be deleted) :laugh:

But i m not gonna again to that dispute.

aamirsaab
06-16-2008, 07:51 AM

Incorrect; we are not all tested for the same things nor is it done at the same time. A young child, say 3 years old, will have far different tests to someone who is being say married or going for a job interview. Some tests overalp but not all.

but one should never forget the wonderful gifts he gives us, namely life

ask the person in the image whether life is beautiful is or not. u will get
your anser. its easy to say life is beautiful sitting in air conditionar room.
http://www.muslimaid.org/admin/photos/Kenyadrought1.jpg
1) perhaps that person in the picture is a form of test to us. Or rather a reminder as to why we should be grateful for the great life we have.
2) Do you have any younger siblings? Have you not smiled alongside them and wish that their life is not wasted?
3) Life is a gift - it really doesn't take long to understand that. As a religious person yourself, surely you should know this. Unless of course your religion doesn't teach you the value of life, which'd mean it's ''incomplete'' - to quote you.

We don't do one on ones here. It's a discussion forum and all are welcome - no discrimination :)

Nerd
06-16-2008, 08:13 AM
again jugglery of words and tricky way avoiding questions!
you know that human beings also include whom ...(not need to mention otherwise my post will be deleted) :laugh:

But i m not gonna again to that dispute.
I wasn't answering your question, but rather commenting on what you have stated.

Umar001
06-16-2008, 09:08 AM
I thought I'd add something which I haven't seen,

It has been narrated:

Abu Sa`id and Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (PBUH) said:

"Never a believer is stricken with a discomfort, an illness, an anxiety, a grief or mental worry or even the pricking of a thorn but Allah will expiate his sins on account of his patience".[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Also,

{The most miserable man in the world of those meant for Paradise will be dipped once in Paradise. Then he will be asked, “Son of Adam, did you ever face any misery? Did you ever experience any hardship?” So he will say, “No, by God, O Lord! I never faced any misery, and I never experienced any hardship.”}Narrated in Saheeh Muslim, #2807

The tests mankind goes through, insha'Allah, will be rewarded if mankind deals with the test in an appropiate manner. We should also remember that, Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope.2:286

And Almighty God knows best.

chinmoy
06-16-2008, 11:26 AM
1. Why a child is after birth dead or dead in mothers womb?
2. why a child is blind by birth?
3. why a child is perfectly aliright by birth?
4. why a child by birth have mental disorder?

there are many examples..

So why God will make injustice to them?
Why God will make Discrimination to His best Creatures?

My quesion is What is The Cause of that? I am reapeating What is the Cause of above quesions(1,2,3,4)?

Al Habeshi wrote:
Never a believer is stricken with a discomfort, an illness, an anxiety...

-- incorrect.
because a child is not matured.newly born baby dont know good or bad.then what to speak
of belive or disbelive?

I never faced any misery, and I never experienced any hardship.

-- incorrect
after getting sufferings if one said that o i never faced any sufferings! he is telling lie to God!

Rather its natural he will quesion to God why you put me in sufferings and why not others?

aamirsaab wrote:
perhaps that person in the picture is a form of test to us.

-- incorrect.
if it is, then why you are not chosen by Allah in the form of a test-case or guinea pig?

seeking ansers :)

------
06-16-2008, 11:32 AM
There is a simple answer to all your questions. It is a test. If we have patience and pass it Allaah will reward us with Jannah InshaaAllaah. If we fail and turn away from Allaah, we will go to hell. It's that simple.

Umar001
06-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Give me your understanding of Injustice.

Al Habeshi wrote:
Never a believer is stricken with a discomfort, an illness, an anxiety...

-- incorrect.
because a child is not matured.newly born baby dont know good or bad.then what to speak
of belive or disbelive?
The text is speaking about a believer, so even if as you say a child cannot be a believer, if this was the case then all this shows is that the particular text is not talking about it.

I quoted the text to show that a believer, when tested is rewarded for his pain, sorrow ect. A baby is considered pure and will be in paradise if they die pure, that is a reward!

I never faced any misery, and I never experienced any hardship.

-- incorrect
after getting sufferings if one said that o i never faced any sufferings! he is telling lie to God!
I do not mean to be rude, but maybe english is not your first language, neither mine :)

If you were to take the person's statement literally then maybe you could say the individual has not told the truth, i.e. he has had suffering before, but the point of the text is that, the reward for suffering that one has had before will be so much that the individual will feel as though he has never suffered!

This is justice, this is a reward! To the point that, if you want to ask as you do about suffering, why does God allow to suffer, then KNOW, that God will reward his servant, the patient ones and believers, with such a reward that even the most miserable man will claim, out of his immense reward, that he has not suffered before!

chinmoy
06-16-2008, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -
There is a simple answer to all your questions. It is a test. If we have patience and pass it Allaah will reward us with Jannah InshaaAllaah. If we fail and turn away from Allaah, we will go to hell. It's that simple.
hahahahahaha! O dear! lol NO ANSWER! I KNOW THAT!

If we have patience and pass it Allaah will reward us with Jannah InshaaAllaah. If we fail and turn away from Allaah,
:? :? :?

How a newly born blind baby are subject to pass and fail?
hahahahaha! really i cant control my laughter.

anway, pls dont waste time if you dont know.

wating for others reply..
:)

crayon
06-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Check out this thread, read it all, and then ask whatever questions you still have. The same questions you have now are discussed in it. Else it will just be repetition.

http://www.islamicboard.com/refutations/134265730-why-doesnt-god-stop-all-suffering-earth.html

aamirsaab
06-16-2008, 12:11 PM

aamirsaab wrote:
perhaps that person in the picture is a form of test to us.

-- incorrect.
if it is, then why you are not chosen by Allah in the form of a test-case or guinea pig?

seeking ansers :)
Tests can come in different shapes and sizes and sometimes relate to more than one person e.g. Person A is going through a divorce with person B. Person C can learn from that test vicariously (i.e learning through other's experience). So in that pic you provided, the woman is most likely going through an ordeal, which is her test. My test could be; appreciate the life you have because there are others like the one pictured who live a less fortunate one.

As the members have stated on this thread; life is essentially one huge test made up of loads of smaller tests.

Nerd
06-16-2008, 12:25 PM
1. Why a child is after birth dead or dead in mothers womb?
There are a number of causes of a stillbirth, such as Rhesus incompatibility, Congenital malformations etc. Its hard to pin-point one exact cause of still births.

2. why a child is blind by birth?
Its because of their genetic make, you can try reading about Leber Congenital Amaurosis

3. why a child is perfectly aliright by birth?
Could you define "perfectly aliright" please.

4. why a child by birth have mental disorder?
There are many causes for mental retardation of a child at birth: known genetic condition such as Downs syndrome, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome etc.

And there is a possibility that babies brain can be damaged due to oxygen deprivation during labor.

At the end of the day, God will gather all human beings and reward or punish them according the deeds and sufferings they endured on earth in His path.

But am curious, as to why you said that God would be unjust to Human beings. Were you informed of the change in plans by God? :?

Why God will make Discrimination to His best Creatures?
Again curious as to how and when you were informed that God would make something called "discrimination" to His best creature? :?

My quesion is What is The Cause of that? I am reapeating What is the Cause of above quesions(1,2,3,4)?
:omg:

------
06-16-2008, 12:32 PM

anway, pls dont waste time if you dont know.
I won't waste time with someone who continues to mock Islaam.

chinmoy
06-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Give me your understanding of injustice
-- very simple!
you are not the person in the picture.
but the woman in the picture is suffering tremendously!

THIS IS THE INJUSTICE!

To the point that, if you want to ask as you do about suffering,
why does God allow to suffer, then KNOW, that
God will reward his servant, the patient ones and believers,
with such a reward that even the most miserable man will claim,
out of his immense reward, that he has not suffered before!

-- incorrect.

is it a game? For example, If You are God and Powerful.
So you put some best creatures to deadly enviroment like ginipig and puting others good enviroment sayings its a test?

IT MEANS YOU AS A GOD DOING WITH YOUR WHIMS!

so you both are not in same position!.

THIS IS THE INJUSTICE GOD HAS DONE TO THIS WOMAN!

AND YOU ARE TRYING TO HIDING IT IN THE CAMOUFLAGE OF TEST/REWARD/PUNINSHMENT.

simple!

chinmoy
06-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Rhesus incompatibility etc u mentioned as the cause.
scientists just re-invented the wheel.
the disease was there.

Then who Created It? God!
its simpler!

Umar001
06-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Give me your understanding of injustice
-- very simple!
you are not the person in the picture.
but the woman in the picture is suffering tremendously!

THIS IS THE INJUSTICE!
That's understanding, injustice = a suffering person. So, out of curiosity, is it injustice to put a murderer to death, i.e. cause him suffering?

You didn't give me a proper statement of what injustice is, all you done was say 'this woman is suffering injustice' well my friend that does not answer what injustice is!

I would also refrain from making assumptions about the state of individuals.

To the point that, if you want to ask as you do about suffering,
why does God allow to suffer, then KNOW, that
God will reward his servant, the patient ones and believers,
with such a reward that even the most miserable man will claim,
out of his immense reward, that he has not suffered before!

-- incorrect.

is it a game? For example, If You are God and Powerful.
So you put some best creatures to deadly enviroment like ginipig and puting others good enviroment sayings its a test?
Are you stupid? I have to ask, because, you seem to lack the ability to conversate. What I wrote is not incorrect, just because you do not agree with it does not make it incorrect. I was showing you the understanding of Muslims, i.e. that God will reward those individuals who suffer, and the most misrable of those individuals will say he had no suffering.

You then go on about 'Why does God do this' this is a follow question, this question is asking if what I said about the Muslim understanding is true then why does God do that. It does not render my point of the Muslim understanding incorrect.

so you both are not in same position!.

THIS IS THE INJUSTICE GOD HAS DONE TO THIS WOMAN!

AND YOU ARE TRYING TO HIDING IT IN THE CAMOUFLAGE OF TEST/REWARD/PUNINSHMENT.

simple!
See this is where you ignorance shows, you do not know if I have been in the same position as this woman, or if I have been through worse. Instead of asking, you assume, my name is Al Habeshi, meaning one from Habesh, meaning that I come from near Ethopia/Eritrea. It is possible that my family and maybe even me went through starvation, the strife of civil war and many other factors, you do not know my friend!

But this summarirses your position, you hold an attitude that is arrogant and assume a lot.

You wrote that you would like to discuss matters with 'learned person only.' Yet your method of discussion includes, but is not limited to, points which are totally wrong, delusion with regards to your knowledge on the matter and laughing like baboon which is disgusting especially considering the topic of this thread and when seeing the images posted by non other than yourself.

chinmoy
06-16-2008, 01:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
That's understanding, injustice = a suffering person. So, out of curiosity, is it injustice to put a murderer to death, i.e. cause him suffering?

You didn't give me a proper statement of what injustice is, all you done was say 'this woman is suffering injustice' well my friend that does not answer what injustice is!

I would also refrain from making assumptions about the state of individuals.

Are you stupid? I have to ask, because, you seem to lack the ability to conversate. What I wrote is not incorrect, just because you do not agree with it does not make it incorrect. I was showing you the understanding of Muslims, i.e. that God will reward those individuals who suffer, and the most misrable of those individuals will say he had no suffering.

You then go on about 'Why does God do this' this is a follow question, this question is asking if what I said about the Muslim understanding is true then why does God do that. It does not render my point of the Muslim understanding incorrect.

See this is where you ignorance shows, you do not know if I have been in the same position as this woman, or if I have been through worse. Instead of asking, you assume, my name is Al Habeshi, meaning one from Habesh, meaning that I come from near Ethopia/Eritrea. It is possible that my family and maybe even me went through starvation, the strife of civil war and many other factors, you do not know my friend!

But this summarirses your position, you hold an attitude that is arrogant and assume a lot.

You wrote that you would like to discuss matters with 'learned person only.' Yet your method of discussion includes, but is not limited to, points which are totally wrong, delusion with regards to your knowledge on the matter and laughing like baboon which is disgusting especially considering the topic of this thread and when seeing the images posted by non other than yourself.
I really like the way you hide your inability!
I hope you will gradually develop mentality to accept defeat!
cheers!

------
06-16-2008, 01:48 PM
^ Silly comments as usual *sigh*. Instead of debating you resort to insults. How childish.

Umar001
06-16-2008, 01:48 PM
cheers!
You have defeated nothing, you are unable to discuss matters in a civilised way. I have asked you for the meaning of injustice, you have not replied. I have asked if you would define the suffering of an individual due to punishment for their action as injustice, you have not replied. I have asked if you know me, or my family's background to claim that me and the individual in the picture you posted are have not been through similar circumstances, you did not reply.

You have come and asked to speak to a learned individual whilst not even being able to formulate that sentance correctly. Now, I don't claim to know English greatly, but my friend, when you come to a forum which uses English as the main language and ask to speak to a learned person, please try use this template, so as to avoid embarassment;

Note: brothers its not possible to argue with everyone here. it will simple (change to simply)

if this is possible then pls let me know then i will discuss (with the/a) learned person only.
Don't worry about spelling mistakes. :) The only reason I refrain from banning you is due to the fact that I don't want people to think I would ban someone for personal reasons/revenge or the likes. Also other people seem to have invested their time in talking to you so I'll give them the satisfaction of not seeing their words go to waste.

And God knows best.

Europe
06-16-2008, 03:19 PM
I wonder why pork is forbbiden?
I'm looking for some biological explanation not religious one.
If there is ofcourse.

aamirsaab
06-16-2008, 03:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Europe
I wonder why pork is forbbiden?
I'm looking for some biological explanation not religious one.
If there is ofcourse.
Easy

1) No neck - cannot drain the blood from the animal fully.
2) Cannibals say pork tastes like humans....

crayon
06-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Here's what they say on islamonline:

"Consumption of pork causes several diseases:

The other non-Muslims and atheists will agree only if convinced through reason, logic and science. Eating of pork can cause no less than seventy different types of diseases.

A person can have various helminthes, like roundworm, pinworm, hookworm, etc. One of the most dangerous is Taenia Solium, which in a layman’s terminology is called tapeworm. It harbors in the intestine and is very long. Its ova, i.e. eggs, enter the blood stream and can reach almost all the organs of the body. If it enters the brain it can cause memory loss. If it enters the heart it can cause heart attack and if it enters the eye it can cause blindness. If it enters the liver it can cause liver damage. It can damage almost all the organs of the body.

Another dangerous helminthes is Taenia Trichuriasis. A common misconception about pork is that if it is cooked well, these ova die. In a research project undertaken in America, it was found that out of twenty-four people suffering from Taenia tichurasis, twenty two had cooked the pork very well. This indicates that the ovas present in the pork do not die under normal cooking temperature.

Pork has fat building material:

Pork has very little muscle building material and contains excess of fat. This fat gets deposited in the vessels and can cause hypertension and heart attack.

The pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth:

The pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth. It lives and thrives on muck, filth and dirt. In the villages they don’t have modern toilets and the villagers excrete in the open air. Very often excreta are cleared by pigs.

Some may argue that in advanced countries like Australia, pigs are bred in very clean and hygienic conditions. Even in these hygienic conditions the pigs are kept together in sties. No matter how hard you try to keep them clean they are filthy by nature. They eat and enjoy their own as well as their neighbor’s excreta. ”

Also, did you know that pork is also prohibited in the bible??
"“…and the swine, as he divideth the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch, they are unclean to you.” (Leviticus chapter 11 verse 7 and 8) "

“And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you. Ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcass.” (Deuteronomy chapter 14 verse 8)"

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503545312

crayon
06-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Easy

My friend has a friend who's friend is a cannibal. True story.
And yes, this is totally relevant to the topic at hand...:D

Uthman
06-16-2008, 03:44 PM
The issue of pork has been dealt with here. :)

Nerd
06-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Rhesus incompatibility etc u mentioned as the cause.
scientists just re-invented the wheel.
the disease was there.
Then who Created It? God!
its simpler!
We know we get milk from Cows.

If someone asks you: "Why do we get milk from the Cow?"

Our answer should be because of God and write its simpler at the end. Interesting idea.

The_Prince
06-17-2008, 02:26 PM
why do you all waste your time with this atheist who is not seeking the truth? just look at the way he talks and you will know you are dealing with someone lacking any argumenation skills and manners. i mean this atheist is trying to show everyone how smart he is yet he types things such as:

hahahahahaha! O dear! lol NO ANSWER! I KNOW THAT!

If we have patience and pass it Allaah will reward us with Jannah InshaaAllaah. If we fail and turn away from Allaah,

How a newly born blind baby are subject to pass and fail?
hahahahaha! really i cant control my laughter.

.................................................. ..............

the atheist also proves himself to be a liar, he firstly said he wants to know some answers to his Q's, yet he admits he is lying when he writes:

cheers!

.................................................. .........................

someone cannot be defeated if you are simply asking for answers to your Q's, someone can be defeated only if you came to argue and debate, which shows you have come here to debate and argue, which shows this atheist is a liar as he first said he just had a Q and wanted an answer.

so why do you all give so much attention to an insignificant atheist who shows he doesnt know how to properly behave in an argument, and who shows himself to be a liar? it is like arguing with Shaytan, it will go no where.

you are arguing with a man who believes that everything around us happened by chance, and that something came from nothing! and then this atheist wants to try and englighten us on his wisdom.

please since you are so smart, i have a Q for you, from where did all of this come from, how did it happen, i want a real logical explainible answer, not the rubbish atheist answer of we dont know, if you dont know then how dare you have the audacity to critisize theists for believing in a God, and then claim were the irrational ones and so on. we have far more evidence than you will ever have, all you have is petty Q's which have been answered, yet you persist in thinking your smart when all you do is inlarge your sins for God to punish you more severly as he said he would.

Europe
06-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Easy

1) In further steps of cleaning the pig I'm sure that all the blood gets out. At least I unterstood you that when you cut the neck all the blood can't get out. If it doesn't it'll go after.
Well I say that paprika tastes like **** and... :D

aamirsaab
07-17-2008, 10:23 AM
1) In further steps of cleaning the pig I'm sure that all the blood gets out. At least I unterstood you that when you cut the neck all the blood can't get out. If it doesn't it'll go after.
Well I say that paprika tastes like **** and... :D
The ruling on killing animals for food is quite clear actually. I'll give a summarised version of it (I don't have the verse to hand); don't bash the animal to a bloody pulp and don't put the animal through unnecessary torture. The aim is to kill the animal to feed you but you shouldn't be in a state of rage (and thus, become reckless); you want to eat the animal, not rip every organ out.

It's a (metaphorical) battle of three worlds: The aim is to drain all the blood from the animal but in the most efficient yet non-horrific way to the animal and in the most practical manner!
Of course, you could argue that killing animals for food is horrific in and of itself but that's a topic for debate and another time, but we're dealing with swine being haram: since it'd be very impractical for a pig to be blood-ridden, I think that's pork ruled off the menu.

Europe
07-20-2008, 11:52 AM
The ruling on killing animals for food is quite clear actually. I'll give a summarised version of it (I don't have the verse to hand); don't bash the animal to a bloody pulp and don't put the animal through unnecessary torture. The aim is to kill the animal to feed you but you shouldn't be in a state of rage (and thus, become reckless); you want to eat the animal, not rip every organ out.

It's a (metaphorical) battle of three worlds: The aim is to drain all the blood from the animal but in the most efficient yet non-horrific way to the animal and in the most practical manner!
Of course, you could argue that killing animals for food is horrific in and of itself but that's a topic for debate and another time, but we're dealing with swine being haram: since it'd be very impractical for a pig to be blood-ridden, I think that's pork ruled off the menu.
As I see, the biggest problem is torturing the pig. I believe, that torture in killing the animal might be less strong than torture in wrong way of its previous life. Bad conditions, awful food, heat... could be much worst for the animal than killing. Cutting pig's neck isn't necessary the only way of killing it. There are special pistols that kill the pig in a momment withot pain. The same way could be used (and is widely used actually) for killing cows and sheeps.
In both way blood doesn't drain out from cow and sheep. What if muslim eat cow that its blood didn't drain very quickly. I'm apologizing for awful english but I might improve it, posting on this forum. :rolleyes:

aamirsaab
07-20-2008, 02:37 PM
As I see, the biggest problem is torturing the pig. I believe, that torture in killing the animal might be less strong than torture in wrong way of its previous life. Bad conditions, awful food, heat... could be much worst for the animal than killing. Cutting pig's neck isn't necessary the only way of killing it. There are special pistols that kill the pig in a momment withot pain. The same way could be used (and is widely used actually) for killing cows and sheeps.
Shooting an animal with a bullet leaves the bullet and gunpowder in the animal. You then have to get into the animal and clean it - this requires great disregard for the dead animal since you'd be desecrating the corpse. The concept of halal meat is to kill the animal quickly with as least pain as possible, all the while remaining respectful to the animal.

In both way blood doesn't drain out from cow and sheep. What if muslim eat cow that its blood didn't drain very quickly. I'm apologizing for awful english but I might improve it, posting on this forum. :rolleyes:
Firstly, we aren't to drink blood in Islam. Secondly, I do believe you can get diseases by consuming blood. Your english is better than my french, so don't worry too much.

Europe
07-20-2008, 07:15 PM
Shooting an animal with a bullet leaves the bullet and gunpowder in the animal. You then have to get into the animal and clean it - this requires great disregard for the dead animal since you'd be desecrating the corpse. The concept of halal meat is to kill the animal quickly with as least pain as possible, all the while remaining respectful to the animal.

Firstly, we aren't to drink blood in Islam. Secondly, I do believe you can get diseases by consuming blood. Your english is better than my french, so don't worry too much.
I didn't mention anywhere that U consume blood.
Secondly, I believe that cleaning the "indoor" of an animal isn't so humiliating for it than eating it. I believe that throwing it into waste or making them closed all their life is much more humiliating than this blood.

highlander
07-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Europe, to start with the most important thing, Christians, Muslims and Jews MUST not eat the pork. It is forbbiden in the Bible too...I remember debating this with someone ears ago and she showed me the biblical verses where it was forbiden to consume pork.

highlander
07-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Its actually a good exercise, I will check it and come back with the Biblical quote.

highlander
07-20-2008, 08:00 PM
found it. It is Leviticus chapter 11 from Bible

Whatsthepoint
07-20-2008, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by highlander
Europe, to start with the most important thing, Christians, Muslims and Jews MUST not eat the pork. It is forbbiden in the Bible too...I remember debating this with someone ears ago and she showed me the biblical verses where it was forbiden to consume pork.
Most Christians eat pork. The only denomination that I can't think of that prohibits pork are Adventists, but they avoid meat in general.

aamirsaab
07-20-2008, 10:29 PM
I didn't mention anywhere that U consume blood.
I was answering this bit:
What if muslim eat cow that its blood didn't drain very quickly

Secondly, I believe that cleaning the "indoor" of an animal isn't so humiliating for it than eating it.
Already covered that before. The point is; if you're going to kill the animal for food, do it in the most respectful way possible.

I believe that throwing it into waste or making them closed all their life is much more humiliating than this blood.
I agree completely, which is why we are to treat animals with respect (even when they are dead!) in Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.