/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Realization

serenechaos
06-22-2008, 12:20 AM
I realize I have been getting quite active, with three posts now, but I am quite excited about the deen and my own building of relationships with brothers and sisters.

I was very worried and concerned over what had happened between my Shahadah and now.. coming back to Islam, re-committing to my chosen way of life. Yet, I just realized as I say, when I did the Shahadah in the presence of a muslim witness, it was a sort of spontaneous thing and I was not really understanding what I was saying or what it would mean. Having just listened to another lecture by Yusuf Estes about a arab christian who took shahadah without the purity of heart and comprehension, and later told Bro. Yusuf, he did not mean it.. and had to do it over again, and it was this Shahadah that would count as his true reversion and his life began then as a true muslim. I took it too, that I truly in my heart, would not have been doing it in my heart as a true reversion.

Now, some might think this is not a good story all told perhaps, yet for me, it actually is.. it means, I can finally give Shahadah with full understanding and true meaning and heart felt dedication and truly start life as a new muslim. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
06-22-2008, 12:47 AM
im very happy for you bro !

Assalamu Alaikum :D

TrueStranger
06-22-2008, 07:25 AM
:sl:

There is always hope for those who wish to follow the righteous path.:D

There comes a time in life where we start to realize and notice few things which weren't visible to us before, one of them is faith and the relationship we have with God.

I too am happy for you.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.