/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Accidently Ate Pork?

miizcamel
06-23-2008, 02:37 AM
Salam Alakium!
I am a convert here in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have a question!

If someone was to accidently eat pork what would we have to do?
Someone told me that you should eat a teaspoon of honey, another friend says there is a Dua'a.

I recently was on Yahoo Answers and a person asked " what happens if a Muslim accidently eats pork "

it will be good to know so we could tell people who are curious.

Thank you!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
06-23-2008, 02:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by miizcamel
Someone told me that you should eat a teaspoon of honey,
oh... never heard of that...

Lonely Gal
06-23-2008, 08:00 AM
I heard u have to fast for 40 days....

------
06-23-2008, 08:04 AM
:salamext:

Lemme find a daleel InshaaAllaah...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
06-23-2008, 08:09 AM

Related-ish question

What you have mentioned in your question – that you may eat something haraam without realizing – is not something for which you will be punished. As long as you are going to do your best to avoid what Allaah has prohibited – which is what you have indicated in your question – then there is no sin on you. Even if a person does commit a haraam deed, Islam still offers a way out from every sin, in the form of repentance, remorse, determination not to repeat the sin, and seeking forgiveness from Allaah. This guarantees that the sin will be erased. So go ahead with determination, and do not hesitate. Allaah will be with you and will not let you down so long as you are following the religion with which He is pleased. May Allaah help you and keep you on the Straight Path. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad..

Source: Wants to embrace Islam but fears eating pork without knowing

north_malaysian
06-23-2008, 09:03 AM
so no fasting or honey involved?

------
06-23-2008, 09:05 AM

By the above fatwa, I don't think so...

Allaahu Aalim.

north_malaysian
06-23-2008, 09:25 AM
thanks for clarification...

JazakAllah!

------
06-23-2008, 09:29 AM

^ I think the honey thing would be a cultural made up thing...sounds like it..

Allaahu Aalim

Muslim Knight
06-23-2008, 10:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

^ I think the honey thing would be a cultural made up thing...sounds like it..

Allaahu Aalim
Was it to make sure it goes down well?

Sorry, had to make that joke. :D:D:D

Pk_#2
06-23-2008, 12:28 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Allah accepts the repentance of those who do evil in ignorance and repent soon afterwards; to them will Allah turn in mercy: For Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom. (Surah 4, Verse 17). :thumbs_up

adeeb
06-25-2008, 09:10 AM
no need of honey and fast just repentance!! well done!

MunirAhmadKamil
06-25-2008, 10:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
Was it to make sure it goes down well?

Sorry, had to make that joke. :D:D:D

heheheheh:)

Ummah
06-25-2008, 11:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lonely Gal
I heard u have to fast for 40 days....
no i dont think so...... what the others said about repentence is correct. you did not do it on purpose, so you will not be punished inshAllah.

suffiyan007
06-26-2008, 05:13 AM
Hmm...if you dont know that u eat is pork...is ok...causE u accidentally eat it...is not a sin...and u must make du'a and solah taubat... and u know is that is pork and u eat it...u r really sin...accidentally never mind...allah knew everything...he sees everything each day....! Allah is God of forgiven...so repent ya sin...so u be cleansE!....islam lotsa to learn about haram/halal...(what is prohibited,what is can to eat)...so be happy that's not end of the world after u ate pork accidentally...! insyaallah Allah will guiDe u!:D

suffiyan007
06-26-2008, 05:19 AM
if there no food in anywhere...but there have a pig...! so u can eat pig to survive in lifE...cause u are force...there're no food to eaT...!...

suffiyan007
06-26-2008, 05:20 AM
u can 2-4 sliced of it...to survived...!...

------
06-26-2008, 08:48 AM

Brother you cant say how much u can slice of it or not. That is beyond the first post. The first poster asked what they should do if they accidently ate it without knowing, not how much they should eat if nothing else is available.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.