/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dua in another language

MunirAhmadKamil
06-27-2008, 11:54 AM
:sl:

Brothers and sisters, a question:?

if i do dua in another language apart from arabic..will it be less likely to be accepted?

my arabic is not very good, so sometimes i do my duas in my own language.

sorry if this thread does not fit into this section.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
06-27-2008, 08:20 PM

Yes, it is permissible to make du’aa’ in a language other than Arabic, if one does not speak it. But the Muslim has to learn enough Arabic to do the acts of worship properly. And Allaah knows best.
IslamQA

:w:

Güven
06-27-2008, 08:24 PM
I sometimes mix dutch, english and turkish together Cause sometimes I Forget Some Words :giggling: Insha'Allah It will Be accepted.

MunirAhmadKamil
06-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Problem is..i do know some dua's in arabic..but when i read it, i dont understand it fully so its pretty hard to put my heart into it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Güven
06-27-2008, 08:39 PM
Then Its Better To read it In Your own Language So That You self Understand What Your Saying And Put Your Heart In to It , verily Allah Knows All Languages , He is The Creator Of All Languages :)

Musaafirah
06-27-2008, 08:45 PM
^^ True said..th best thing is sincerity!

Caller الداعي
07-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Bismillah irahman iraheem
Arahman ..(He) tought the book..(He) created man..(He) tought him speech..

I answer the call of the one who supplicates when he calls out to me!

Allahs generosity is not bound to any language...He hears all.

muslimah_4ever
01-03-2009, 02:42 AM
here are many persons whose Duas are not articulated properly yet they are answered, why is it so? The answer is that God Almighty rewards the supplicant to the extent of his intention and not in accordance with the wrong articulation of Dua.
This claim is supported by Sheikh Koleini in whose book “Kafi” quotes Imam Sadeq and the Holy Prophet of Islam (SAW) as saying:

23. “If a non-Arab Muslim recites the Holy Quran in his own language, angels will take it up in its correct Arabic version.”
A Hadith on the authority of the Holy Prophet of Islam (SAW) says:

24. “Our deeds depend on our intention.” or

25. “A believer’s intention is better than his deed.” or

26. “God takes Bilal’s “seen” as “sheen” (the Holy prophet’s Muezzin, Bilal could not pronounce sheen (sh) he would say seen (s) instead).
A man came to Imam Ali (A.S.) saying: O Ameer al-Muminin, a person is talking to Bilal but since Bilal can not pronounce the words properly, he is ridiculing Bilal. The Imam (A.S.) said:

27. “O servant of Allah! the proper articulation of Dua is meant to purify our deeds. Therefore, the beautiful words of one whose deeds is bad, will not avail him. Hence, Bilal’s wrong articulation will not affect his praiseworthy deeds.”

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.