/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pc Problems Driving Me Mad

Umar001
06-29-2008, 10:17 AM
As Salam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah, I keep having this problem.

My pc is running funny, and keeps going slow, I get this message on the center of my screen and then it says Server Busy, under it say something like Swtich to programm or Retry.

And it only started yerstaday and it is only on my user.

:enough!::enough!::enough!:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
06-29-2008, 10:30 AM
:wasalamex

The best thing for this is do a System Restore, back to 25/26 June.

Start>>All Programs>>Accessories>>System Tools>>System Restore

Restore my comp to an eralier time>>Next>>Click On desired date>>Next>>And follow rest of instructions

Umar001
06-29-2008, 10:56 AM
Oh ok, well I have updated my firefox, if that does not work I ,may take that advice sister.

------
06-29-2008, 12:38 PM
:salamext:

Is it ok now?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali.
06-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Take sis Serene's advice.

& P.S. Check your PM's :\

nebula
06-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Usually when my computer is running slow i open it up and clean the fans using my hover and a cloth. By first unscrewing both my fans. Make sure you dont touch any of your hard ware components because you could damage it by electro static discharge via ur hands.

Dust and dirt clogged up in your fans can make the computer hot and make it run very slow. It also makes your computer overheat which can cause problems.

MuslimWays
06-30-2008, 09:54 AM
Two simple procedure to speed up slow computers are as follows:

Run Disk Cleanup: Start --> Accessories --> System Tools --> Disk Cleanup

Run Disk Defragmenter: Start --> Accessories --> System Tools --> Disk Defragmenter

Umar001
07-04-2008, 10:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimWays
Two simple procedure to speed up slow computers are as follows:

Run Disk Cleanup: Start --> Accessories --> System Tools --> Disk Cleanup

Run Disk Defragmenter: Start --> Accessories --> System Tools --> Disk Defragmenter
Will that mean I loose some stuff?

------
07-04-2008, 10:35 AM

Have u tried system restore bro?

Umar001
07-04-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm going to try your advice today just before I leave for Jummuah.

------
07-04-2008, 10:41 AM

Ok InshaaAllaah.

MuslimWays
07-04-2008, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Will that mean I loose some stuff?
Nope, you won't lose anything important, only the temporary rubbish files that your computer collects.

no1_outbider
07-04-2008, 08:19 PM
As Salam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah, I keep having this problem.

My pc is running funny, and keeps going slow, I get this message on the center of my screen and then it says Server Busy, under it say something like Swtich to programm or Retry.

And it only started yerstaday and it is only on my user.

:enough!::enough!::enough!:
That is usual for no internet access,or if the server is realy busy.

Does it accur witin certain sites only or with the entire web?[/COLOR]

Cabdullahi
07-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Brother click ctrl+alt+delete and wait for the task manager to show up and then check at the bottom at the cpu usage

Orn
08-18-2008, 05:21 PM
well a slow running pc is usually a windows fault,and doing a clean setup usually answers all problems

Umar001
09-12-2008, 05:35 PM
As Salamu Alaykum,

Hmm, well now it is mor wierd, I think there may be a virus of some sort. You see, my pc runs very very slow. Mozilla Firefox works, but only in a wierd way, for example, it opens up pages I may have bookmarked and lets me go on from there, for example, I have bookmarked/svaed islamicboard, now from Islamic board I can click on a link here and go where that link takes me, for example kalamullah.com, but I cannot go to kalamullah directly if I type it in the box at the top as a URL. So I can only use sites already saved, ARGH!

Ali.
09-12-2008, 07:18 PM
As Salamu Alaykum,

Hmm, well now it is mor wierd, I think there may be a virus of some sort. You see, my pc runs very very slow. Mozilla Firefox works, but only in a wierd way, for example, it opens up pages I may have bookmarked and lets me go on from there, for example, I have bookmarked/svaed islamicboard, now from Islamic board I can click on a link here and go where that link takes me, for example kalamullah.com, but I cannot go to kalamullah directly if I type it in the box at the top as a URL. So I can only use sites already saved, ARGH!
WaAlaykumAssalam

I think this is a job for a computer man. Have you tried calling someone to come fix it for you?

barney
09-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Internet/tools/temperory internet files/delete all offline content.

Orn
09-13-2008, 02:53 AM
Walaikum Assalam brother,

as I said before the best remedy is to backup your important files and do a fresh windows install and those symptoms sounds like a blaster worm that I had a couple of years ago

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.