/* */

PDA

View Full Version : salaam brothers and sisters

James1992
06-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Salaam all on this site iam James and iam 16 iam from Middlesbrough England and i want to convert to Islam i have wanted to do it since i was 8 but my parents woundnt let me hopefully people on ths site can help me.....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
al Amaanah
06-30-2008, 02:31 PM
8? Allahu akbar.

welcome to the forum lil bro. insha Allah u'll have an enjoyable and beneficial stay here.
if u want to revert to islaam, and u fully believe in the Oneness of Allah, the 6 articles of imaan etc u can say the shahada, which is:

Ash hadu an laa ilaha illa Allah, wa ash hadu anna Mohammadan 'abduhu wa rasooluh

I bear witness, that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah, and i bear witness that Mohammad is His Slave and Messenger.

if u have questions, ask away. im sure a lot will love to help u.

:w:

------
06-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Peace be upon you!

Welcome to the forum bro!

Allaahu Akbar! (Allaah is Great)

To convert to Islaam, all you need to do is say this;

Ash hadu an laa ilaha illa Allah, wa ash hadu anna Mohammadan 'abduhu wa rasooluh

I bear witness, that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah, and i bear witness that Mohammad is His Slave and Messenger.
You can say it now [or type it] and we would be witnesses of your conversion.

Also go to a local mosque brother and tell them you want to convert. Then they will take you to the Imaam if the mosque. :D

James1992
06-30-2008, 02:42 PM
When on Friday on tommorow?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
06-30-2008, 02:43 PM
:salamext:

Now if you can!

You can type in the shahadah [testimony of faith];

and say it with your tongue..

and then go the the mosque ASAP!! :D

al Amaanah
06-30-2008, 02:45 PM
then u and i would be the first to witness :D serene.

------
06-30-2008, 02:46 PM

Alhamdulillah!!!!

Ashley
06-30-2008, 02:48 PM
masha allah another person who wants 2 convert :statisfie:)
welcome to the forum bro and i hope everything works out for you
i was like you about 2 years ago but i got alot of help from evry one!!
and they will help you
yyyayyayayyaa
im bakkkk been looong

Ashley
06-30-2008, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al Amaanah
then u and i would be the first to witness :D serene.
and mee as wel

Güven
06-30-2008, 02:54 PM
:sl:
MashAllah!! Bro, InshaAllah Your Conversion Works Out , And I Already Welcome you To the Family And also Welcome To The Forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

al Amaanah
06-30-2008, 02:57 PM
and ashley and others aswell insha Allah na3am : )

Souljette
06-30-2008, 03:18 PM

Welcome to the forum bro..Inshallah we are here to be your witnesses to your reversion Inshallah everyone here would love to help you

UmmSqueakster
06-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Welcome to the forum, and (inshaAllah) to Islam. It can be very hard on parents when their children convert, so take it easy and slow with them. I was 20 when I converted, and still my parents freaked :enough!: I waited about a year to tell them, so by the time it all came out, I was strong in my faith and was able to withstand their anger and arguments.

Some things that may be helpful for your in dealing with your parents:

How do I tell my parents and family that I've become a muslim?
The Status of Parents in Islam
How do we relate to non muslim relatives?

Also check the link in my signature :thumbs_up

James1992
06-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Iam a member of the Labour party if that is bad...i dont support the massacre of our brothers and sisters around the world though..

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Salaam lil bro :D MashaAllah we will all be here to witness your reversion and InshaAllah will be with you to help u! So take the advice that has been given to u InshaAllah :D

Ali.
06-30-2008, 07:45 PM
Masha'Allah, that's incredible bro'; since 8?

Congratulations :D Just remember, don't try to take your new faith in all at once; take it slowly :).

If you don't mind me asking: what got you so interested in Islam and what was your previous religion?

aadil77
06-30-2008, 07:51 PM
salaam brother :thumbs_up, I was born in middlesborough lived there till about 10, so what made you want to be a muslim from the age of 8? (just curious!)

Eeman
06-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Salam Alaikum bro,

welcome to islam I pray that Allah swt guides you to the straight path and makes the path easy for you to walk on and hold on tight to His rope Insha'Allah.

If you need any help we are all here to help you Insha'Allah

Ma salama

al Amaanah
06-30-2008, 08:56 PM
^ Allahomma ameen.

James1992
07-01-2008, 10:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Masha'Allah, that's incredible bro'; since 8?

Congratulations :D Just remember, don't try to take your new faith in all at once; take it slowly :).

If you don't mind me asking: what got you so interested in Islam and what was your previous religion?
My family were all Catholics but i was athiest....

James1992
07-01-2008, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
salaam brother :thumbs_up, I was born in middlesborough lived there till about 10, so what made you want to be a muslim from the age of 8? (just curious!)
My mates were one was called Imran and the other Salman Pakistani the familt made me welcome but after 9/11 i wasnt allowed to see them and i wasnt allowed in the house when i did.....Whereabouts in Boro did ya live bro.

------
07-01-2008, 10:45 AM

Bro have u said the Shahadah?

James1992
07-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Not yet i dont know weather i would be welcome or not in my local mosque..

------
07-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Of course you will be welcome!!! Just go to the Imaam of the mosque and say you want to revert to Islaam. ASAP!! :D

But in the meantime, recite it out loud with your tongue, and also type it, so you can revert ASAP InshaAllaah! (God Willing)

Say and type NOW!

Snowflake
07-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Peace be to you James,

Here are some things you should know concerning shahadah. You can also declare shahadah without going to mosque. But a public declaration is better, so that others may witness your reversion and treat you as a muslim.

The Conditions of the Shahadah

Pronouncing the testimony of faith is sufficient to make one a convert to Islam. There are however, seven conditions that must be observed before it can effectively make one a Muslim. These are describe as follows:

1 Knowledge (Al-ilm)

Knowledge (al-ilm) of its meaning, what it negates and affirms. If a person says it without knowing its meaning, nor what its requirements are, then he will not benefit by it, because he has not believed in what it requires. Rather, he is like someone who speaks in a language that he does not understand.

2 Certainty (Al-Yaqeen)
The heart must be firmly certain of the meaning of Shahadah without a blemish of doubt.

Allah the Exalted says:" Verily, the believers are only those who truly believe in Allah and His Messenger, and then doubt not. (Quran 49:15).

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "I bear witness that there is no god but Allah, and I am the Messenger of Allah. No slave meets Allah with this testimony, having no doubt in it but shall enter Jannah."( Muslim) :

3 Sincerity (Al-Ikhlaas)
Exclusively worshiping Allah, which is contrary to shirk. This is what laa ilaaha illallaah points towards.

Allah, the Exalted, said:" And they were not commanded but to worship Allah, being sincere in devoting religion to Him." (Quran 98:5).

Abu Hurairah said:" I asked the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him: Messenger of Allah! Who will be most fortunate to enjoy your shafa'ah (intercession) on the Day of Resurrection? The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: I was certain that no one else would ask me about this other than you, because I have noticed your keenness for hadeeth. The most fortunate of men who will enjoy my shafa'ah on the Day of Resurrection is the one who says: (La Ilaha Illa Allah) "None has the right to be worshiped except Allah", sincerely from his heart.."(Musnad al-Imam Ahmad.)

4 Truthfulness (As-Sidq)

Truthfulness (as-sidq), which prevents hypocrisy (nifaaq). Indeed, the hypocrites uttered it with their tongues, but did not inwardly believe in what it signified.

The Messenger of Allah said: "Anyone testifies that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, truthfully from his heart, Allah would forbid his admittance to the Fire."(Muslim)

5 Love and affection (Al-Mahabbah )
Love (al-mahabbah) for this kalimah and having love and pleasure for whatever it necessitates. This is contrary to the [state of the] hypocrites.

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "There are three (qualities), whoever possesses them, will taste the sweetness of Iman (belief): to love Allah and His Messenger more than anyone else, to love the Muslim only for the sake of Allah, and to dread returning to kufr (apostasy) as he dreads being thrown in fire." ( Bukhari and Muslim.)

Allah says to His Messenger (peace be upon him)

Say (O Muhammad SAW to mankind): "If you (really) love Allah then follow me (i.e. accept Islamic Monotheism, follow the Quran and the Sunnah), Allah will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (3:31)

Allah says: "Allah shall bring forth a people whom He loves and they love Him." (Quran 5:54)

The Prophet, peace be upon him, also said: "None of you shall (really) believe until I become dearer to him than his own father, and son and all mankind." ( Bukhari and Muslim.)

6 Submission (Al-Inqiyaad) internally and externally
Submissive compliance (al-inqiyaad), by fulfilling its rights - which are the obligatory actions - with sincerity to Allah and seeking His good pleasure. This is its requirement.

Allah, the Exalted, says: "And he who submits himself to Allah, and does good, he has surely grasped a strong handle." ( Quran 31:22).

Allah also says:" And turn you to your Rabb, and submit yourselves to Him." (:Quran 39:54).

7 Acceptance and conformity (Al-Qubool )
Acceptance (al-qabool), which prevents rejection.

This is achieved by acting upon what Allah has commanded and abandoning whatever He has prohibited.

read more here: http://www.muslimconverts.com/shahadah/converting.htm
I don't know if you've heard of PalTalk? Many people have declared shahadah in the voice activated chat rooms there and you also get to ask islam related questions, listen to lectures, debates etc. A bro will usually recite it and you recite it after him - while everyone can listen to you. It's a beautiful thing to witness inshaAllah.

Download the program here: www.paltalk.com

Follow steps:
1) Click on browse rooms
2) Select Social Issues & Politics.
3) Click 'Human Rights'
4) Select any Islamic room there

There is also an 'Religion & Spirituality' section. But it has fewer rooms. Even if you don't want to say shahadah there, you can still join for other benefits inshaAllah. And I'd love to hear you say the shahadah bro :)

wa alaikum asalam wr wb

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Pk_#2
07-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Hi J,

Welcome.

Ali.
07-01-2008, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by James1992
Not yet i dont know weather i would be welcome or not in my local mosque..
Well, how will you know if you don't try? :)

------
07-01-2008, 03:51 PM
You should do it ASAP when ur convinced of the truth!!

James1992
07-01-2008, 03:52 PM
I will do it on Friday on Friday prayer...

AvarAllahNoor
07-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh - (The Pure Ones Belong to God, Victory To God)

Hi, nice to see you on here brother. Hope you enjoy your stay. :D)

------
07-01-2008, 03:56 PM
I will do it on Friday on Friday prayer...
imsad thats not ASAP bro imsad

can u not go mosque sooner than that? or can u not type it on here so we can witness it, before you go mosque?

Ali.
07-01-2008, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

imsad thats not ASAP bro imsad

can u not go mosque sooner than that? or can u not type it on here so we can witness it, before you go mosque?
Let him take his time, don't rush him.

------
07-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Ok then inshaAllaah...

*repeats to herself* patience...patience... :phew

James1992
07-01-2008, 04:01 PM
asu hadu an laa ilaha ila Allah:wa ash hadu anna Mohammadan abduhu wa rasooluh

i bear witness that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and i bear witness that Mohammed is his slave and messenger..

Ali.
07-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Congratulations :)

Güven
07-01-2008, 04:04 PM
TAKBEER!! ALLAHU AKbAR !!

Congratulations Bro :D

James1992
07-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Thank you both of you

Ali.
07-01-2008, 04:08 PM
I don't know if anyone's said already, but I'd like to add if you have any questions about Islam, please don't hesitate to ask.

AvarAllahNoor
07-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Does that now class you as a Muslim? I thought it had to be said in front of the Imam?

James1992
07-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Not sure i will go to Mosque on friday prayer when it is full what time will that be anyone?

Güven
07-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Well In Holland It Will Be 13:45 am so that means In The UK around 12:45 Am But Im Not Sure Maybe The Members From The Uk will help you :)

And Btw You Are A Muslim Now But it Will be Official when you Do It with The Imam

James1992
07-01-2008, 04:25 PM
friday or saturday morning?

James1992
07-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Will you get a card or anything to prove you are muslim..

Güven
07-01-2008, 04:26 PM
friday or saturday morning?
Friday

Güven
07-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Will you get a card or anything to prove you are muslim..
I am Not Sure , But its Not an obligatory To get A Card

MunirAhmadKamil
07-01-2008, 04:49 PM
MAsha allah, welcome dear Brother

Souljette
07-01-2008, 05:16 PM

TAKBEERRRR!!!!!

Mashallah WELCOME TO ISLAM BROTHER...you are a muslim..INSHALLAH IT WILL BE OFFICIAL when you say it in front of everyone in the masjid

James1992
07-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Thank You Brothers And Sisters For All Your Help..

TrueStranger
07-01-2008, 09:21 PM
welcome James

aadil77
07-01-2008, 09:28 PM
My mates were one was called Imran and the other Salman Pakistani the familt made me welcome but after 9/11 i wasnt allowed to see them and i wasnt allowed in the house when i did.....Whereabouts in Boro did ya live bro.
wicklow street - opposite general hospital, used to go to ayresome primary:D heard of it?

suffiyan007
07-01-2008, 09:35 PM
if u wannabe a muslim,u must have a strong patience,that your parents will ask lotsa question on revert to muslim on your convertion...please seek ya muslim friend,contact your islamic center nearby your residential or nearest mosque,u can ask me also...i willing to make u as muslim...

utter:

" Asy Adu Ala ilaha ilallah, Wa Asy Adu Anna Muhammadar Rasulullah" u are already a muslim!...

"i testify the are no God than Allah, and i testify Muhammad is the messenger of Allah"

this is the kalimah syahadah that every muslim should utter...before convertion... insyaallah Allah will guides u....

suffiyan007
07-01-2008, 09:38 PM
lotsa test that Allah tested the new muslim to test your faith/iman!.....hope James ready for it!

anatolian
07-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Salaam aleykum James.You are now a muslim.Weldone.As a second step you can take a bath and take water into your mouth and nose for three times.We muslims must do this as spiritual and physical cleansing.

suffiyan007
07-01-2008, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Salaam aleykum James.You are now a muslim.Weldone.As a second step you can take a bath and take water into your mouth and nose for three times.We muslims must do this as spiritual and physical cleansing.
yeah James, pls follow anatolian instruction.......ready for everything...JAmes

from now on, u can't eat pork, drink liquor..and doing haram things mean prohibited things that Allah had said.....insyaallah Allah guides u!

suffiyan007
07-01-2008, 09:49 PM
seek ya nearest mosque Imam to teach you islam...about Solah..! prayer...how to take Wadu(ablution water) before prayer...insyaallah Allah guide u

suffiyan007
07-01-2008, 09:51 PM
hi james,,, i had pick u a muslim name Muhammad James Jabbar bin Abdullah....

suffiyan007
07-01-2008, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MunirAhmadKamil
MAsha allah, welcome dear Brother
assalamualaikum Munir....! i am so glad that James convert to muslim...gembira tengok saudara baru masuk islam beb!
:omg:

al Amaanah
07-01-2008, 10:19 PM
ALLAHU AKBAR! great news! welcome to Islaam lil bro. may Allah keep u steadfast, ameeen. keep this in mind insha Allah.

Allah subhaanahu wa ta3aala said:

“Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, “We believe”, and that they will not be tested?” 29:2

u will be tested, like all of us. so be patient insha Allah with ur family etc. and may Allah reward u, ameen. if u have questions, ask away insha Allah.

:w:

------
07-02-2008, 08:08 AM
asu hadu an laa ilaha ila Allah:wa ash hadu anna Mohammadan abduhu wa rasooluh

i bear witness that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and i bear witness that Mohammed is his slave and messenger..
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( < ((Tears of Joy))

TAKBEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Islam lil bro!

All your past sins have been erased and you are like a new born baby!!!

Welcome to the promise of paradise, where youth will never fade, where there will be endless delights, where you will have all your hearts desire!

Welcome home to your true family!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

*goes off to get a tissue* too emotional :'(

James1992
07-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Thanks sis

------
07-02-2008, 11:03 AM

Your Welcome bro! If you have any questions in the future don't hesitate to ask!

suffiyan007
07-02-2008, 11:07 AM
are u ready?

James1992
07-02-2008, 11:07 AM
How do you change your name and does it cost you?

suffiyan007
07-02-2008, 11:09 AM
pls ask question if lotsa doubts....ok..i willing to help you...my new muslim bro.

------
07-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Brother James is 16, go easy on him lol.

------
07-02-2008, 11:18 AM
WHoah hold up man....don't be making names for him!! He can choose his own name.

Güven
07-02-2008, 11:35 AM
True,

Anyway James Means "Supplanter" So Is That A Bad Meaning???

suffiyan007
07-02-2008, 11:39 AM
dEar Guven,

i dont condemned or say that James is bad name...good to have a muslim name! maybe Muhammad James Abdullah, Muhammad Johan Abdullah something like that. is that ok? thanks

Güven
07-02-2008, 11:40 AM
It is Better , But its His choice :)

------
07-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Will you people chill out?! Changing name is not a must. JUst calm down and let the bro slwoly start his way into Islaam.

Güven
07-02-2008, 11:47 AM
^Thats What Im Tryin To say , Its Not A MUST

suffiyan007
07-02-2008, 11:50 AM
i surrender and i agreed..closed case!

MustafaMc
07-02-2008, 11:52 AM
James, congratulations on this huge step in your life. Allahu akbar (Allah is Great), Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar!

I would be hesitant to jump in and change your name as this definitely does not make you a Muslim. James is a good name as it was the name of one of Prophet Jesus' (alayhi salaam - a.s. - peace upon him) half brothers and one the leaders after Jesus (as) ascension along with Peter. I did not change my name until after 22 years when my faith grew to the point where I wanted to be known of as a Muslim.

I know of no card to prove that you are a Muslim - at least not in USA.

There is a lot to learn to become a fully practicing Muslim. I encourage you to take it slow, yet at the same time try to learn as much as you can. One can easily become overwhelmed and give up on the best thing that has ever happened for you. Don't let others push you beyond your limits to adapt. A similitude is a caterpillar going through the metamorphosis to become a butterfly that takes time.

suffiyan007
07-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Disciple of Jesus call James..!

James1992
07-02-2008, 12:36 PM
What is better Shiite or Sunni..iam nt creating a row hear....i know IRAN is shia cause i went there for a week...

------
07-02-2008, 01:25 PM

The correct way of Muslims is Ahle-Sunnah Wal Jamaah

Read more here:
http://www.allaahuakbar.net/scholars...saved_sect.htm

James1992
07-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Whats that like sis?

UmmSqueakster
07-02-2008, 02:09 PM
At this point, there's only one piece of advice you really need:

The most important thing for you to learn, as a new Muslim, is not how to wear hijab, and not how to speak Arabic, and not where to buy halal meats. It isn't to learn how to tell others about Islam, or to change your name to an Arabic name, or to get married. No. The most important piece of advice that we at I Profess.com, and I personally, can impart to you is that you learn how to do your required, or fardh, prescribed prayers, or salat (Salat-ul-Fardh). It is the first thing that you should learn, and the thing you should be most eager to accomplish as a Muslim.

Seriously, don't pressure the brother into changing his name, or any of a million other things that are normally dumped on converts. Get your prayers in order, and from there, you'll have a solid foundation to learn the rest of the deen. From my own personal experience as a convert, I WISH I could go back in time, smack myself over the head and get my salats in order first and foremost. Instead, I leapt head on into the world of message board and chatroom arguments. I didn't dedicate my time to worshipping Allah (swt) and learning the deen. I really did a lot of damage to myself in that regard, and it's taken me years to pull myself together islamically.

al Amaanah
07-02-2008, 03:38 PM
^ na3am exactly, jazaki Allahu khair. step by step.

suffiyan007
07-02-2008, 05:01 PM
hello...JAMES u must have ready for it,before u make next BIGstep...cause u need to tell you parents soon not now but later...cause to revert to muslim no point to turning back!. If u r ready i am happy for you.u find a right religion!.ok!...insyaallah...God will guide you.
ask your parents to have a coffee talk slow u open a topic that about islam,then u tell them u had revert to islam,insyaallah they will accept it slowly by slowly...but u must show Good attitude to them,their still your parents.Tell them islam is not terrorist,islam is peace!

UmmSqueakster
07-02-2008, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suffiyan007
hello...JAMES u must have ready for it,before u make next BIGstep...cause u need to tell you parents soon not now but later...cause to revert to muslim no point to turning back!. If u r ready i am happy for you.u find a right religion!.ok!...insyaallah...God will guide you.
ask your parents to have a coffee talk slow u open a topic that about islam,then u tell them u had revert to islam,insyaallah they will accept it slowly by slowly...but u must show Good attitude to them,their still your parents.Tell them islam is not terrorist,islam is peace!
No, he does not need to tell his parents right away.

How do I tell my parents I've become a muslim

Advice for Teenagers

This is often a situation which is best handled with care. There are no exact directions that I can offer to you, because how you and your family deal with this is based on a number of things: your age, your community, your relationship with your family, your previous religious experiences, your parents' commitment (or lack of) to a certain religion, and their willingness to explore new ideas.

Although it seems like a wacky idea, many people advise teens that it might be better to wait six months, a year or more to tell them about your Islam. The reasons for this vary: you need to be firmly established in Islamic practices (such as regular prayer), and you need time to make friends and build a support system within the Muslim community. These two things serve as a protection for you if your parents react by attempting to "deprogram you," or schedule "an appointment" with the local minister / priest / rabbi. In such a case, God willing, you will be able to rely on your knowledge of Qur'an, and the strength that being a practicing Muslim has given you. Allowing yourself time to build a support system within the Muslim community is important so that you will have friends to help and guide you, to help answer any questions or concerns your family might have, and to help you out should your parents decide that you can no longer live in their house.

If you are fearful that your family may react with physical abuse, or a kidnapping and "deprogramming" attempt (yes, it happens), please make sure that you have someone there as a witness and support. Whether you are Muslim or not, you have the right not to be abused. If your family is abusive towards you, seek the necessary help to get out of that situation as soon as possible.

Another reason that it might be wise to wait awhile is to allow your parents to see the positive changes that Islam will bring about in you. For example, they will see you giving greater care to hygiene and appearance, and possessing greater discipline in your daily activities and your schoolwork. They'll also the fact that you are not falling under negative peer pressure to drink or drug or have sex, and that you are more willing to honor your parents by helping around the house, etc. Allow them time to be pleased with these positive changes, so that they will understand that these positive changes are one of the benefits of Islam. If they see that Islam is "good for you," they may react more positively when you talk with them about it.

I didn't tell my for more than a year after I converted, and I was 20 years old and not living at home. It would be a million times harder for someone who is 16 years old and living at home.

Muhammad
07-03-2008, 05:54 PM
:sl: (Peace be upon you)

James, congratulations on finding the truth! All praise is due to Allaah the Exalted who guided you to the right way.

As advised above, it would be better to take things slowly, one step at a time, and prioritise (focus on the most important things first). When you go to your local mosque, perhaps they can give you some literature explaining the basics of Islam and you can meet people who can help and guide you in these early stages.

Let us know how things go and keep in touch - if there is anything you need, please don't hesitate to contact us. I will be more than happy to help out any way I can. :)

May Allaah the Exalted increase you in beneficial knowledge and understanding of this noble religion, and may He strengthen you in faith and make easy all your affairs, Aameen.

James1992
07-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Thank you Mohammed(bro)..

m102313
07-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Salaam Alaikum, welcome to the forum brother.

Hope you have a nice and beneficial stay here.

Abdul-Raouf
07-06-2008, 02:50 AM
Assalamu alaikkum brother James

:)

Alhamdulillah.

Welcome to Islam - The Right path ...and be Steadfast.

:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.