/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Changing Usernames

Woodrow
07-06-2008, 05:19 PM
I am only speaking for myself, the other admins may have a different policy.

I will no longer do any changes of user names, unless the member has a very valid reason, such as:

Change of marital status

Change of religious preference

They have had the old name for over one year

The old name has negative meanings that were not known at the time the name was chosen.

If for some reason I do get talked into changing a name for vanity purposes, the name change will be accompanied by a removal of all existing reps, etc. and the member will be reduced to limited membership until they get 50 new posts.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
07-10-2008, 01:33 PM
:sl:

We would like to discourage username changes because they are a frequent cause of confusion as expressed by both members and moderators, and in many cases they are unnecessary.

For this reason, we have decided to make a new policy: every username change will cause a minimum of 5% of the respective member's reputation points to be deducted.

Those who frequently change their names will be subject to a higher percentage deduction of 10%.

We will allow exceptions to this rule for such reasons as mentioned above.

Therefore please consider any username changes carefully and bear this policy in mind. It will take effect from today, Thursday 10th July 2008 Insha'Allaah.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.