/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question of the Month

جوري
07-08-2008, 11:08 PM
This rash appeared following treatment for leukemia. What is the diagnosis?

1. Cryoglobulinemia
2. Leukemia cutis
3. Herpes zoster
4. Graft-versus-host disease
5. Urticaria pigmentosa

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mr. Baldy
07-08-2008, 11:25 PM
from what little I know....

doesn't look like Shingles or Urticaria (although anti-histamines will easily verify that), Cryoglobulinemia doesn't seem likely, did the patient have a marrow transplant? if so could be GVHD, I'm not even going to go into Leukemia cutis, you should get a dermatologist for that.

جوري
07-08-2008, 11:39 PM
it was a challenging Q from rounds today....but they never give you more info than what is provided, and you are actually right about your 'if so'.. at least I seem to think so on the account that is what I chose too, so I'll let you know if we are correct as soon as the answers are released :smile:

Haven't even touched the Q's for grand round.. might share them a little later if I can figure out how to upload Q's without so many problems..

Thank you for your participation and reps

p.s shingles will not clear with antihists and always presents in a dermatomal fashion.
:w:

Mr. Baldy
07-08-2008, 11:45 PM
the others just didn't seem likely, but yeah... guessing :P yeah inshallah post the answer up, I'm curious.

Inshallah, I hope your rounds go well

(I don't think I repped you... but I will now!)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mr. Baldy
07-08-2008, 11:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine

p.s shingles will not clear with antihists and always presents in a dermatomal fashion.
Anti-histamies for urticaria, and shingles is more often in a stripe.

جوري
07-08-2008, 11:53 PM
I shall post them insha'Allah
thanks for the reps..
we had an interesting case on monday called 'superficial siderosis' was the first I had ever come across it.. you should read about it, if interested in medicine..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.