/* */

PDA

View Full Version : swearing

ahmadmajid
07-09-2008, 04:31 AM
salam, if you break a swear i heard there is a way to get forgiven. Like pay 100 dollars fast 3 days or feed poor people. Now how do feed poor people? Can we give the food to the mosque?? how much cans or food or$$$ should we spend?? how many poor people do we have to feed? please try to answer the food part!! i need to know does it have to be for muslims?? and how many cans or food should i send??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
07-09-2008, 03:00 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

ChEcK It :mmokay:

WassalamuAlaykum

Faye
07-09-2008, 07:58 PM
You might wish to look at a tafseer of Ayat 89 of Surah Maidah for your answer as it deals with the topic.

To the best of my (admittedly incomplete and possibly inaccurate) knowledge, feeding means feeding each one of the ten poor people two full meals (breakfast and supper); or one of them twenty full meals. There are also fixed amounts that can be given in various foods ie. dates, wheat, etc or the equivalent price of any one of them. (I am unsure of the amounts as they are in sa'e)

You can also clothe ten poor people.

I am not sure if the poor people have to be Muslims.

Fasting three days is only allowed for those who cannot afford the other two choices. And the three days have to be back to back.

FYI Kaffarah/repentance can only be given after breaking the swear. You can't give the Kaffarah and then break your swear.

This information is taken from the Hanafi book of Fiqh 'Qudoori' and its commentary 'alLubaab'

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.