/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pray for Me, Peeps

Pages : 1 [2]

Re.TiReD
09-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Allahu A'lam.

Some harsh-hearted people could not refrain from making nasty comments earlier but Allah alone knows the state of a persons heart..I hope she died a Muslim.

I'll miss her

WassalamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MinAhlilHadeeth
09-10-2008, 02:00 PM
:salamext:

Inna lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji'oon, I hope that she died affirming the shahaadah with all its conditions. This is saddening news, but I feel as though I cannot add any more to what has already been said. Let us learn from this reminder of death.

sister herb
09-10-2008, 03:40 PM
:sl:

Sad news :cry:

May Allah be mercy for her.

Muslim Woman
09-10-2008, 04:06 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i know we have some real good people here who love god.
please, peeps, whatever your religion, pray for me.
i'm real sick and need all the prayers i can get right now.
thank you from my heart.
dear sis , you will be in my/ our prayer .

As u believed in oneness of God & u uttered la ilaha ....we sincerely hope , u uttered ( if not loudly , in ur heart ) the rest of the Shahada.

bro Mustafa , if possible let us know about the funeral .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
09-10-2008, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
Allahu A'lam.

Some harsh-hearted people could not refrain from making nasty comments earlier but Allah alone knows the state of a persons heart..I hope she died a Muslim.

I'll miss her

WassalamuAlaykum
Saheeh!!

truemuslim
09-10-2008, 04:58 PM
i still cant believe it :(
and whos Eli?

see how death can hit you when you dont know it...well snakey actually said what the doctors had expected was deadly, so i guess she had a warning, but not everyone is lucky enough to get ready for death. :(

------
09-10-2008, 04:59 PM
^ Eli = snakelegs real name

but not everyone is lucky enough to get ready for death.
Sis u still have time, you are alive, make the most of it. Khayr lets stay on topic inshaAllaah

nadia85
09-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Did she pass away?

Mikayeel
09-10-2008, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nadia85
Did she pass away?
Yes she did :(

ayan333
09-10-2008, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nadia85
Did she pass away?

Na'am sis..she did

:w:

Mikayeel
09-10-2008, 10:20 PM

The news has reached most of us, and the only thing we can do now is leave it to the just judgement of Allah. Afterall she is with the most merciful! Please do remember her in ur dua's! I believe this thread as served its purpose, it will grieve people more than any thing else :(. We all know what kind of special person she was, and let her dwell in our hearts! For she was truely a special friend to almost all of us!

May Allah's mercy be upon her!

:w:

:threadclo

Umar001
09-12-2008, 10:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
It is with great saddness that I pass on this message that I received from our dear Sister Eli's friend.

"My beloved friend and companion of 45 years died this afternoon at 4:15 PM. It went very quicly and I don't think she suffered too much. Unfortunately, at this time I can't say the same for me. You learned in a short time how unique and special she was. She was only 18 when I first knew her and even though she belonged to no religion as such I recognized her as a very special messenger and a deeply religious person and lover of God even though she refused to see him as belonging to any particular faith or people. She was truly a righteously living person and though I am older by five years she was my teacher in life.

She will live on in the memory of many people even though she never met them and lived most of her life as a recluse.

Thank you and all the members of IB for their prayes and good wishes. She did feel very grateful and was deeply moved by all the outpouring. She believed that the prayers helped. She got her wish "Dear God, let it be quick, let it be quick".

Thank you all again and may all humankind learn that love of each other is love of God and I pray that all people will live in respect and tolerance for each other.

She played your records more than Nusrat in the end and she often used "La Illha" etc. as a mantra when she was afraid."

Note this last sentence that I understood to say she believed in One God and did not associate partners with Him. Please, join me in making dua for the forgiveness of Eli's sins and that she be given an easy accounting before Allah on that Day.
:cry::cry:

MustafaMc
09-18-2008, 12:01 AM
Assalamu alikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu,

My dear respected brothers and sisters in Islam, I thought that you would like to read the email I received today from Eli's friend.:statisfie

So sorry I did not get back sooner.

Yes she did say“la ilaha, illallah"

I also want to thank you for sending the last posts - they were a great comfort to me and they broke open her godson's heart. I am doing my best to stay well for him. He really needs me as he lost his real mother also.

Eli's always believed in one god and I know she loved Mohammad

I had copied the posts on this thread and sent an email to Eli while she was sick and then I sent another one with the new ones to her friend after her passing. I want you to know that the care that you have shown for Eli during her illness and the grief that you have expressed over her passing has been a witness to others of the Muslim spirit. May Allah richly reward each of you.

north_malaysian
09-18-2008, 12:43 AM

Eli's always believed in one god and I know she loved Mohammad
What makes her different than us? We also believe in one God and love Prophet Muhammad. Subhanallah!!!

Thanks MustafaMc.

Amat Allah
09-18-2008, 03:15 AM
may Allah love you brother MustafaMc Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

praise be to Allah and peace and blessings of Allah be upon our prophet Muhammad

may Allah mercy her , forgive her ,purify her from All sins and may Allah make her grave one of the paradise gardens wide and shiny and make the Angels of paradise perfume her and wash her with all kinds of paradise`s perfumes and dress her with the clothes of paradise ....

praise be to Allah and peace and blessings of Allah be upon our prophet Muhammad

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee n

Mikayeel
09-18-2008, 06:38 AM
:cry::cry: SubhanAllah.... this is what i thought shed do!! Allah is truely the greatest, so she died a muslim ?!!

north_malaysian
09-18-2008, 07:47 AM
...to think about it...How many Muslims had the opportunity to utter "La Ilaha Illa Allah" when they're dying....

Danah
09-18-2008, 09:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah

may Allah mercy her , forgive her ,purify her from All sins and may Allah make her grave one of the paradise gardens wide and shiny and make the Angels of paradise perfume her and wash her with all kinds of paradise`s perfumes and dress her with the clothes of paradise ....

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee n
Ameen to the duaa

jazak allah khair brother MustafaMc for informing us this...just yesterday I read this thread...I dont know where I have been from the beginning when she posted:cry:...
I did not sleep well last night and keep thinking about her:cry:.....subhan allah many thoughts come to my mind last day about how Allah can end the life of his servant:cry:
I keep praying for Allah that he will never take our souls unless he is satisfied from us:cry:....May allah grant us all a good ending....Ameen

La Ilah Ila Allah

I am soooo reassured now to hear that, may allah accept her shahadah and forgive her

youngsister
09-18-2008, 10:26 AM

Subxanallah Ameen

She was a beautiful person and i cried a bit when reading this but the fact that she died while saying the shahada subxanallah I hope Allah swt grants her the highest level of Jannah.

------
09-18-2008, 12:01 PM
:salamext:

Allaahu AKbar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

truemuslim
09-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Subhanallah, is this mean she died shaheeeed?????????? im so happy suddenly :) :) :)

nadia85
09-18-2008, 12:53 PM
She made shahded? Masallah thats good

Goku
09-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Eli/Snakelegs was a nice person and her posts were interesting as well.

It really is saddening and shocking, but its of some comfort knowing she said the Shahadah before passing away, may Allah (SWT) accept it and grant her entry into Jannah al Firdous, Ameen.

La illah IlAllah wa anna Muhammadan RasulAllah

Thanaa
09-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Poor Snakelegs!
I've not been very active lately, so I didn't know she was that ill :cry:
I remember her encouragement and support, her kindness, and I pray that Allah (swt) grants her a high place in Jannah.

Muslim Woman
10-16-2008, 05:38 PM

It is with great saddness that I pass on this message that I received from our dear Sister Eli's friend.

"My beloved friend and companion of 45 years died this afternoon at 4:15 PM. .
It's more than 1 month , hope she is resting in peace.

Snowflake
10-16-2008, 05:41 PM
inshaAllah

sister herb
10-16-2008, 06:19 PM
Salaam alaykum;

someone here posted this poem before to snakelegs:

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there; I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow;

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain;
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.

I am not there; I did not die.

She will lives in our hearts I think.

:thankyou:

Zahida
10-16-2008, 06:33 PM
You have our prayers.........

Woodrow
10-16-2008, 06:33 PM
It has been a few weeks since we lost snakelegs. She was a very respected member here and is missed by many.

Let us let this now end this thread and bring finality to her passing.

:threadclo:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.