PDA

View Full Version : smoking weed



ashareef
07-12-2008, 08:55 PM
salam bro/sis

ive been smoking weed for a few months now deep inside i know i should stop but then i just keep doing it. need some advice
and is smoking weed haram?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Brother_Mujahid
07-13-2008, 12:35 AM
Yes it is haram without a doubt.

I think perhaps knowing its concequences will deter you from it. Any sane person who knew what it does would steer well away from it!

The main thing though would be change your friends and companionship, to better individuals who go pray salaah in the masjid.

Make sincere Du'a to Allah for there is no might or power except from Allah.

Wasalam
Reply

Mahir
07-13-2008, 02:09 AM
Wa alaikumu Salaam

Quick reply: YES indeed its Haram

How to stop?
Answer:

Now before you read... PLEASE read everything because i took my time to write this, and you will get MUCH out of this!

CHANGE FRIENDS, for starters, hang around with your family as much as you can, find a friend that have been in the EXACT same position as you are in, and talk to him about how to stop, indeed he will answer, "Just stop" and thats the best answer! But you need to have hope in Allah that he will guide you away from it, and when you decide not to do it again, EMEDIATELY REPENT, repent to Allah(Aza wa Djall) and ask him to give you streangth and have hope in him, because he forgives all sinns as long as you repent!

Important: CHANGE FRIENDS, do not hang around with them, not even talk to them, because they will make you want to do it again, shaytan is playing with them and he wants you to join. if needed, run away from them, after a while, they will notice that you want to start a new fresh life without Haram, if they are not muslims, then just say.. i have become really religious and i dont want any bad deeds!

My dear brother, this isnt hard belive me, not at all, because weed isnt like smoking, you can stop smoking weed after a day! You will only feel a desire for the first week, then after that, your body will feel much more fresher and that will be as a New "high" for you!
While in fact its reality.. Turn to Allah Akhi, make senciere tawbah and have hope.. ALLWAYS remind yourself about death, where ever you go where ever you are what ever you think when ever... REMEMBER DEATH because remembering death is a joy destroyer.. When ever you get the urge to smoke, just say "Audhubillah imine shaytan irajeem" and turn away.. Keep yourself busy watching lectures by Dr Zakir Naik and /or Ahmed Deedat at youtube.com.. start to read books because thats like brain food, in the begining it will be hard to read, but after a week or two, you will love it, but read books about Reality (I.e Islam).. begin with Qur'an... then buy books about Qur'an.. then Buy books like "Signs of the last hour" .. and "Qur'an miracle of miracles" etc.. Go to your local masjid and ask for help.. (quick note: I know that im giving alots of advices but take your time and do one think at a time and not everything in one day) He He! Join a Muslim Chat, and talk to them get to know them for example "www.stickam.com and then chose Islam talk" or "Paltalk" and look for something about Islam! When you read books.. write down interesting things and show your NEW friends what you found!

Change your entire life:

Change the clothing, change the "Slummer" speach, change the attitude, stop listening to rap, rock, etc.. in other words dont listen to music but listen to the Qur'an and Nasheeds(Muslim songs)

What to do alot:

Good deeds, for example make Dhikr(If you dont know what dhikr is its remembrance of Allah in your heart and mind), help others, read Qur'an, start making Dawah.. ETC!

What to think about the most:

Death, and how much good you will get out of stoping (I.e firstand foremost Allahs pleasure and second saving money and health)

When a friend calls and says "What up bro wanna smoke":

Reply, no, not at all i stoped yesterday and i want to start a new life bro my health cant take this, i will be away for some time because i have become religious!

When to stop:

NOW!..... Yeah, NOW not "InshAllah tomorrow" or "When Allah wills"

If Shaytan makes you fall again:

FIRST and foremost DONT LET HIM, but if..... IF.. NOTE THE KEYWORD: I F he makes you smoke again, then REPENT as fast as you can, REPENT and never go back!

To my conclusion:

PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY / FAST FAST FAST FAST FAST !
Pray the 5 daylie.. and fast the first days after you stoped.. and DO NOT break your fast! EVER!

Pray and make Du3a that Allah will guide you!

May Allah guide you away from this evil, this weapon of Shaytan, may he(Allah(swt)) make you strong and may he make you realise how great life is without that poison, and may Allah(swt) protect you, may he increase our iman and guide us All into Jannah! Ameen
Reply

Mohamed92
07-13-2008, 04:07 AM
Yes, it is haram. May Allah, the Compassionate guide you and all Muslims to the right path and protect us from the evil glare of Satan.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Strzelecki
07-13-2008, 08:26 AM
May Allah [swt[ make it easy for you to quit. :)
We'll be making du'a for you.
Reply

Ali.
07-13-2008, 08:56 AM
:sl: bro' :)

Originally Posted by ashareef
is smoking weed haram?
Yes. It is a drug, affects the way your body works, and if you take too much it can kill you, and Allah (swt) has commanded that we do not kill ourselves.

...And do not kill yourselves (nor kill one another). Surely, Allah is Most Merciful to you.
{Qur'an; 4:29}


How to stop:

Do your friends smoke weed aswell? If so, you must find new friends, bro', or you'll just do whatever they do as you class them as friends.
Make Du'a, asking Allah (swt) to help you stop.
Try not to think about it too much, and instead do something else in your spare time. This is important as if you do not do that, you will keep questioning yourself "Shall I just do it just for the sake of killing time?"
And most importantly, in your heart you must have full ambitions to quit.


Keep us updated on how you're doing, bro', please :).
Reply

jmb272
07-13-2008, 09:02 AM
I used to smoke weed, i stole money from family to buy it and sold my possessions to buy it. That says it all right there. Weed will mess with your brain to make you do things u wouldn't usually do. When i was smoking it and i didn't have any i became angry and moody, when i did have some i smoked it got high and went to sleep. I think we should keep ourselves pure for Allah, keep our minds intact and not let our decisions be influenced.
Reply

Ali.
07-13-2008, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by jmb272
I used to smoke weed, i stole money from family to buy it and sold my possessions to buy it. That says it all right there. Weed will mess with your brain to make you do things u wouldn't usually do. When i was smoking it and i didn't have any i became angry and moody, when i did have some i smoked it got high and went to sleep. I think we should keep ourselves pure for Allah, keep our minds intact and not let our decisions be influenced.
Just for the sake of bro ashareef's knowledge:

Do you feel better after quitting smoking weed?
Do you feel it was a waste of time and money?
Would you recommend that everybody stayed away from it completely?
Reply

------
07-13-2008, 09:17 AM
howz it haraam
Reply

Ali.
07-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by - Serene -
howz it haraam
Originally Posted by Ali.
It is a drug, affects the way your body works, and if you take too much it can kill you, and Allah (swt) has commanded that we do not kill ourselves.

...And do not kill yourselves (nor kill one another). Surely, Allah is Most Merciful to you.
{Qur'an; 4:29}
...
Reply

jmb272
07-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by Ali.
Just for the sake of bro ashareef's knowledge:

Do you feel better after quitting smoking weed?
Do you feel it was a waste of time and money?
Would you recommend that everybody stayed away from it completely?
Yeah, i feel better now that im not on it. It wasted too much time and money.
I failed my school exams because of it, I almost failed my college course because of it, I've been mugged on the way to buy it. Its just overall a bad thing to get into. It made me paranoid and for nearly two years i was really terrified of eating solid foods so i survived on liquids and soft foods like mashed potatoes.

Cannabis was one of the worse things to ever happen to me.

What people don't realize is that it does do you damage. People think "Oh it wont happen to me" but it does, it effects everyone physically, psychologically and emotionally.

The best thing to do is to see how terrible it is before you've become too far into it.

I quit smoking it many times but due to the people i hung around with (other stoners), i soon fell back into my old ways so it is good to change the people you hang around with because they can influence you heavily.
Reply

Nájlá
07-13-2008, 09:56 AM
ohh tablets
i hate taking tablets. u might not believe this but i've never took tablets only like three times.
and thats because my mum forced me too lol
Reply

Umu 'Isa
07-13-2008, 10:21 AM
There is no doubt that taking drugs is haraam, including hashish, opium, cocaine, morphine, and so on. That is for many reasons, including the following:

1 – It dulls the senses and befogs the mind, and whatever does that is haraam, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every intoxicant is khamr, and every intoxicant is haraam. Whoever drinks khamr in this world and dies persisting in that and without having repented, will not drink it in the Hereafter.” Narrated by Muslim, 2003.
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/66227/drug
Reply

M..x
07-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Course its haram Brav, enyfin' that harms your body is. Like why pay some next minor waisemans to breath in smoke. If you wan get high, burn a fire in yo' backyard & smoke that Blaaad. Sorry, I just feel very strongly about it. Like why mess up your life? Dun't go that way, thats for wasie brehs. Just find other means of enjoying life. That crap messes you up like. Take it ez & Good Luck
Reply

Mukafi7
07-18-2008, 04:33 PM
:sl:

Any substance that makes you dependent on it is Haram. You need to change the inlfuences around you that make it easy for you to smoke weed. This my be your friends, your job, or even how busy you are.
Reply

qassy!
07-21-2008, 02:22 AM
Salam

I have NOT read the above posts only the OP post.

I was talking somone about this the other day and the sister was saying to me weed is haram as it changes your state of mind. At the same time doesnt love change people state of mind etc etc ?

Its natural at the end of the day. If you have the pure stuff its haram ? o well dont bother me, i dont smoke that crap
Reply

Woodrow
07-21-2008, 03:36 AM
Evenif it were halal that would not remove it from the list of stupid,juvenile and wasteful things in life.

There are many more less costy and less painful was to damage your brain.

Yes,it does cause permanent brain damage syptoms that are very simlar to alzheimer's syndome.
Reply

north_malaysian
07-21-2008, 03:53 AM
Even if smoking is halaal in Islam, I would never smoke....

I just hate smoke whether it comes out from weeds, ciggarettes, cars, open burnings, soups or BBQs....

I'm so depressed during hazy season....:raging:
Reply

BlackMamba
07-21-2008, 04:45 AM
Haha this is such a common questions. When I tell my friends its haram they throw hundreds of excuses at me. Theyre like "weed doesnt get me hi" or weed isnt addicting or weed helps me focus and do better in school and they even say "weed helps me to become a better muslim" One of them is so passionate about it he wrote an essay for school about the benefits of weed and how the govt falsely makes weed look bad. He actually almost had me convinced. lol, he was like the Zakir Naik of weed. But, the fact remains that weed IS an intoxicant. Why do u think its illegal to drive with marijuana. And because it is Khamr(intoxicant) it is automatically haram. It says in Surah Al-Baqarah and I think Surah Al-Maidah. It says khamr is an ithmun kabeerun. Big Sin.

Surah Baqarah verse 219: "They ask you about intoxicants and games of chance. Say: In both of them there is a great sin and means of profit for men, and their sin is greater than their profit. And they ask you as to what they should spend. Say: What you can spare. Thus does Allah make clear to you the communications, that you may ponder" (2:219)
Reply

qassy!
07-21-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
Evenif it were halal that would not remove it from the list of stupid,juvenile and wasteful things in life.

There are many more less costy and less painful was to damage your brain.

Yes,it does cause permanent brain damage syptoms that are very simlar to alzheimer's syndome.
I dont smoke it, never did, but - Are you sure it causes permanent brain damage? Its sometimes used in the UK to help patients who are ill. Saying that it has gone up from a Class C drug to a Class B drug in the UK.

Originally Posted by Shakoor15
Haha this is such a common questions. When I tell my friends its haram they throw hundreds of excuses at me. Theyre like "weed doesnt get me hi" or weed isnt addicting or weed helps me focus and do better in school and they even say "weed helps me to become a better muslim"
Salam, yes I see your point but thats not just your freinds. I'm sure alot of people who cant follow Islam or look for a excuse say things like that.
Reply

Whatsthepoint
07-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by qassy!
I dont smoke it, never did, but - Are you sure it causes permanent brain damage? Its sometimes used in the UK to help patients who are ill. Saying that it has gone up from a Class C drug to a Class B drug in the UK.
There are several studies about the effect of marijuana, some say its good, some say its bad.
I'd definitely allow it for terminally ill, not so sure about the rest, though I think the Dutch sorted it out quite well.
Reply

Ali.
07-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Qassy bro', this guy took weed and look what he's said:

Originally Posted by jmb272
Yeah, i feel better now that im not on it. It wasted too much time and money.
I failed my school exams because of it, I almost failed my college course because of it, I've been mugged on the way to buy it. Its just overall a bad thing to get into. It made me paranoid and for nearly two years i was really terrified of eating solid foods so i survived on liquids and soft foods like mashed potatoes.

Cannabis was one of the worse things to ever happen to me.

What people don't realize is that it does do you damage. People think "Oh it wont happen to me" but it does, it effects everyone physically, psychologically and emotionally.

The best thing to do is to see how terrible it is before you've become too far into it.

I quit smoking it many times but due to the people i hung around with (other stoners), i soon fell back into my old ways so it is good to change the people you hang around with because they can influence you heavily.
Reply

Woodrow
07-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by qassy!
I dont smoke it, never did, but - Are you sure it causes permanent brain damage? Its sometimes used in the UK to help patients who are ill. Saying that it has gone up from a Class C drug to a Class B drug in the UK.



Salam, yes I see your point but thats not just your freinds. I'm sure alot of people who cant follow Islam or look for a excuse say things like that.
Yes, I am certain it does cause permanent brain damage. But, the degree of damage will upon the amount and frequency used. When I worked in a psych hospital some of our most common patiants were marijuana induced psychosis.

Not just my opinion, many studies back that up, such as:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0419105717.htm

http://content.karger.com/ProdukteDB...ame=119638.pdf


ADDENDUM:

I am just adding the drug classifications mentioned above relate to legal status and not medical termenology. For instance neither tobacco nor alcohol carry a legal drug classification, although from a medical view bot are drugs. To legal label somethng as a drug, has no bearing on it's safety as a drug, it is just a means of determining taxation and selling restrictions.
Reply

ashareef
07-29-2008, 06:14 PM
thank u all for your responses
Reply

Ansariyah
07-29-2008, 06:22 PM
It's Haram bro, Try to stop.
Make lots of Dua that Allah puts hate in ur heart for it, n at the same time distance urself from it. Even friends who are on it, avoid them.
Reply

czgibson
07-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Greetings,

A few of the common myths have found their way into the thread:

Originally Posted by Ali.
if you take too much it can kill you
As far as I'm aware, there is no known lethal dose of marijuana. If you know of a case where marijuana was the chief cause of death, please share it.

Originally Posted by Mukafi7
Any substance that makes you dependent on it is Haram.
Any dependence on marijuana is psychological. Alcohol, tobacco or heroin are much more dangerous in this regard.

However, none of what I have said removes the fact that marijuana is harmful - see Woodrow's posts. It can decrease motivation and lead to memory loss and depression, among other side-effects. Not recommended.

Peace
Reply

Eeman
07-30-2008, 07:00 PM
ok i quickly read the thread and everyone says its haram cos it harms you body ok fair enough no doubt it does that, but isnt it also haram cos i dunno they ayah off my heart but its the one where Allah swt tells us about things tha intoxicate the mind, i.e drugs alcohol etc and gambling, and says how when the mind is intoxicated do not approach salah.

so here you put 2 and 2 together and get 4, salah is compulsary every believing slave of Allah swt has to perform salah, doing things and taking things that nullify or in fact God has commanded you to not perform salah cos you have done, makes it what? haram!!!

so you need to sit there and think to yourself brother, is me feeling giggly and dazed out and high out of my head going to get me salvation and the destination that every muslim should be aiming for and striving hard for or me purifying my body, mind, and soul through salah?????
Reply

qassy!
07-31-2008, 11:23 AM
i dont know if this will help, but why dont you start smoking shisha, its smoke at the end it may prevent you from weed?

also try cutting out, if you blaze 5 day, cut down 2, 4, then 3 and so on. understand?
Reply

BlackMamba
07-31-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Eeman
ok i quickly read the thread and everyone says its haram cos it harms you body ok fair enough no doubt it does that, but isnt it also haram cos i dunno they ayah off my heart but its the one where Allah swt tells us about things tha intoxicate the mind, i.e drugs alcohol etc and gambling, and says how when the mind is intoxicated do not approach salah.

so here you put 2 and 2 together and get 4, salah is compulsary every believing slave of Allah swt has to perform salah, doing things and taking things that nullify or in fact God has commanded you to not perform salah cos you have done, makes it what? haram!!!

so you need to sit there and think to yourself brother, is me feeling giggly and dazed out and high out of my head going to get me salvation and the destination that every muslim should be aiming for and striving hard for or me purifying my body, mind, and soul through salah?????

Yes intoxicants are haram regardless if it causes harm like weed. It says in Al Baqarah ayah 219 (2:219). And in An-nissa it says to not approach salah when your mind is befogged(4:43)
Reply

Eeman
07-31-2008, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Shakoor15
Yes intoxicants are haram regardless if it causes harm like weed. It says in Al Baqarah ayah 219 (2:219). And in An-nissa it says to not approach salah when your mind is befogged(4:43)
salam alaikum

Jazak'Allah khair for the brother:statisfie

Ma salama
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-05-2012, 08:23 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 12:40 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 01:54 PM
  4. Replies: 114
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 03:58 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!