/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Experiencing the light of Islam from a different perspective

MKE Brother
07-15-2008, 11:45 PM
:sl:

And of course I cannot fix the spelling in my title, but hopefully you get my point :)

I do not know if I am incorrect in this way of thinking or perhaps I am not alone in this way of thinking. The need to travel overseas, to a land where my muslim brothers and sisters are the majority and Islam surrounds you through your day. Where the American way of life doesn't seem to encircle our religion but to where Islam encircles your life. Even if for a week, two weeks, a month, just to get out from what feels like oppression and to learn to fully appreciate what it is we have.

Am I incorrect in this line of thought or have others thought of this? Any thoughts on travel and what one can do to get to experience this? Anyone willing to accept a traveler for a period of time, lol :D InshAllah someone has some thoughts on this and thank you

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
07-15-2008, 11:59 PM
:sl: brother :)

Very nice post, I am sure all the muslims in here who live in a western country have the same ambitions!

I would be honoured to guest a traveling brother. Problem is I live in the UK, which isnt much better than the USA :)

:w:

truemuslim
07-16-2008, 03:40 AM
Yah bro, It's good to go to a muslim country, too bad the muslim countries themselves are sometimes bad influences. You should go to Hajj tho inshallah. Its almost Hajj season.
:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.