/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can the acne scars be removed out???

beeni
07-16-2008, 09:11 AM
I am 28 years old and have faced the problem of acne on my face 3 years back. Now the problem is that the acnes have left the scars on my face which really looks bad. I want to get rid of them. Please tell me any possible ways to get them removed.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lonely Gal
07-16-2008, 09:22 AM
laser will the best job, other oils and cream will make very little difference

Cabdullahi
07-16-2008, 09:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lonely gal
laser will the best job, other oils and cream will make very little difference
aye! Hold on is laser even safe

Al-Zaara
07-16-2008, 09:42 AM
You ought to go and visit an dermatologist and discuss this with him/her, as fast as possible. The sooner you start an treatment, the better results and the better you will feel.

This is a beneficial link, please do visit it:
http://www.skincarephysicians.com/acnenet/scarring.html

Quoted parts from the link provided above.

Treatments for Acne Scars

A number of treatments are available for acne scars through dermatologic surgery. The type of treatment selected should be the one that is best for you in terms of your type of skin, the cost, what you want the treatment to accomplish, and the possibility that some types of treatment may result in more scarring if you are very susceptible to scar formation.

A decision to seek dermatologic surgical treatment for acne scars also depends on:
  • The way you feel about scars. Do acne scars psychologically or emotionally affect your life? Are you willing to "live with your scars" and wait for them to fade over time? These are personal decisions only you can make.
  • The severity of your scars. Is scarring substantially disfiguring, even by objective assessment?

• A dermatologist’s expert opinion as to whether scar treatment is justified in your particular case, and what scar treatment will be most effective for you.
Before committing to treatment of acne scars, you should have a frank discussion with your dermatologist regarding those questions, and any others you feel are important. You need to tell the dermatologist how you feel about your scars. The dermatologist needs to conduct a full examination and determine whether treatment can, or should, be undertaken.
The objective of scar treatment is to give the skin a more acceptable physical appearance. Total restoration of the skin, to the way it looked before you had acne, is often not possible, but scar treatment does usually improve the appearance of your skin.
The scar treatments that are currently available include:
Collagen injection. Collagen, a normal substance of the body, is injected under the skin to "stretch" and "fill out" certain types of superficial and deep soft scars. Collagen treatment usually does not work as well for ice-pick scars and keloids. Collagen derived from cows or other non-human sources cannot be used in people with autoimmune diseases. Human collagen or fascia is helpful for those allergic to cow-derived collagen. Cosmetic benefit from collagen injection usually lasts 3 to 6 months. Additional collagen injections to maintain the cosmetic benefit are done at additional cost.

Autologous fat transfer. Fat is taken from another site on your own body and prepared for injection into your skin. The fat is injected beneath the surface of the skin to elevate depressed scars. This method of autologous (from your own body) fat transfer is usually used to correct deep contour defects caused by scarring from nodulocystic acne. Because the fat is reabsorbed into the skin over a period of 6 to 18 months, the procedure usually must be repeated. Longer lasting results may be achieved with multiple fat-transfer procedures.

Dermabrasion. This is thought to be the most effective treatment for acne scars. Under local anesthetic, a high-speed brush or fraise used to remove surface skin and alter the contour of scars. Superficial scars may be removed altogether, and deeper scars may be reduced in depth. Dermabrasion does not work for all kinds of scars; for example, it may make ice-pick scars more noticeable if the scars are wider under the skin than at the surface. In darker-skinned people, dermabrasion may cause changes in pigmentation that require additional treatment.

Microdermabrasion. This new technique is a surface form of dermabrasion. Rather than a high-speed brush, microdermabrasion uses aluminum oxide crystals passing through a vacuum tube to remove surface skin. Only the very surface cells of the skin are removed, so no additional wound is created. Multiple procedures are often required but scars may not be significantly improved.

Laser Treatment. Lasers of various wavelength and intensity may be used to recontour scar tissue and reduce the redness of skin around healed acne lesions. The type of laser used is determined by the results that the laser treatment aims to accomplish. Tissue may actually be removed with more powerful instruments such as the carbon dioxide laser. In some cases, a single treatment is all that will be necessary to achieve permanent results. Because the skin absorbs powerful bursts of energy from the laser, there may be post-treatment redness for several months.

Skin Surgery. Some ice-pick scars may be removed by "punch" excision of each individual scar. In this procedure each scar is excised down to the layer of subcutaneous fat; the resulting hole in the skin may be repaired with sutures or with a small skin graft. Subcision is a technique in which a surgical probe is used to lift the scar tissue away from unscarred skin, thus elevating a depressed scar.

Skin grafting may be necessary under certain conditions—for example, sometimes dermabrasion unroofs massive and extensive tunnels (also called sinus tracts) caused by inflammatory reaction to sebum and bacteria in sebaceous follicles. Skin grafting may be needed to close the defect of the unroofed sinus tracts.

Treatment of keloids. Surgical removal is seldom if ever used to treat keloids. A person whose skin has a tendency to form keloids from acne damage may also form keloids in response to skin surgery. Sometimes keloids are treated by injecting steroid drugs into the skin around the keloid. Topical retinoic acid may be applied directly on the keloid. In some cases the best treatment for keloids in a highly susceptible person is no treatment at all.
Dermatologic surgery: Deals with the diagnosis and treatment of medically necessary and cosmetic conditions of the skin, hair, nails, veins, mucous membranes and adjacent tissues by various surgical, reconstructive, cosmetic and non-surgical methods. This includes laser surgery, cryosurgery, chemical surgery, aspirational surgery and excisional surgery. The purpose of dermatologic surgery is to repair and/or improve the function and cosmetic appearance of skin tissue

Other links you can visit:

http://kidshealth.org/teen/your_body...cne_scars.html

http://www.acne.org/scars.php

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nicholas
07-17-2008, 04:23 AM
Hi! I have also faced the same problem but then one of my friends told me about the online guide that has good ways to treat acme scars which I used as they were natural acme treatments and I tell you...it really made me feel better. Now everything is fine. I will suggest you also that try it and your problem will also get solved.

aminahjaan
07-17-2008, 05:02 AM
dude dude I had the same problem I had this really bad pimple and it left a bad mark but I kept washing my face with clearasil facewash, and then the topical gel
and my face is flawless! haha

but you can also use some scar ointment if you visit the dermatoligist they have scar gel.

khalid2277
07-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Sites for authentic medical info (including acne scar issue):
www.medlineplus.gov
http://familydoctor.org/
http://health.yahoo.com
http://www.patient.co.uk

reagrds,
Dr Khalid
http://drkhalidmunir.googlepages.com

AlbanianMuslim
07-22-2008, 07:16 PM
go see a dermatologist!

jerry_kit
08-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Hi,
Don't worry try this....
1) Apply a honey mask to your face once or twice a week .
2) Wash twice a day with acne soap.
3) Keep your hair off your face.
4) Take a potent multi-vitamin.
5) Include chromium in your diet.
6) Avoid wearing makeup.
7) Drink 8 glasses of water.
8) Do not pick or squeeze your blackheads and pimples.
9) Wash your pillow case every other day.
10) Eat foods rich in zinc.

Tx,

martinijames
08-21-2008, 07:05 AM
Hi there,

Don't worry it can be removed...here I am going to outline some tips to help you with this problem.

1 Dermabrasion is a method for treating acne scarring. This involves using a rotating wire brush or a spinning diamond instrument which will wear down your skin's surface.

As your skin heals you will begin to see a smoother layer coming through. This can take anywhere from 10 days to 3 weeks for healing time.

2. Fractional laser therapy is one of the newest forms of treatment for acne scarring. This type of treatment actually works on a deeper level than the Dermabrasion or the laser resurfacing.

The healing time for this is shorter as it does not injure the top layer of skin. This type of treatment is generally not covered by insurance and can prove to be quite costly.

3. Some doctors may also recommend a micro dermabrasion or chemical peel which can help improve the area where the scars are. These are also milder treatments that can be done right in the doctors office.

4. Some doctors will also inject material right under the scar tissue which will raise it up to the level of the unscarred skin.

5. Worst-case scenario, if the scarring is real bad, then your doctor may recommend surgically removing the indent and scars.

suffiyan007
08-21-2008, 08:14 AM
for cheaper treatment is taking vitamin E capsule daily orally...and use vitamin E oil for night and Cream or lotion for day...sooner u see the result for after 4weeks-6weeks...!

suffiyan007
08-21-2008, 10:34 AM
i heard a new product name Bio-Oil meant for scarring...another one is miderma/mederma..cream for scarring from pharmacy....Aloe VEra is very helpful also...the apply it everyday!

Orn
08-24-2008, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aminahgorilla
dude dude I had the same problem I had this really bad pimple and it left a bad mark but I kept washing my face with clearasil facewash, and then the topical gel
and my face is flawless! haha
sorry sister I just cant help it
hahaha lol;D:haha::haha::lol::lol:

the way you said is like a cosmetic commercial

aminahjaan
08-25-2008, 03:31 AM
lol what can I say? It's true :)

Musaafirah
08-25-2008, 11:30 AM
^^ lol..I tried clearisil, didn't make any difference..Now am jus takin antibiotics and Alhamdulillah skin's cleared up..so i guess the best thing to do is go see a doctor :)

suffiyan007
08-25-2008, 02:27 PM
not all products suit our skintype....so better trying a milder products like tree tea oil skincare range to clear up acne and next step..after clearing by using vitamin E skincare product....as last touch up for final healing....so treatment for acne clearing, u must detox your body system,drink lotsa waters,take more fruits and vegetables...and take more sleep and avoid stress and cool down...calm down...ok...! take some food supplement from pharmacy..! u will be astonished next.

suffiyan007
08-25-2008, 02:28 PM
stop touching your face with your hand,cause of bacteria.! and wash your hair regularly....!

Afifa
08-25-2008, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suffiyan007
stop touching your face with your hand,cause of bacteria.! and wash your hair regularly....!

why wash your hair?

Orn
08-25-2008, 02:55 PM
oils from your scalp rolls down to your face carrying with it dust,germs,dandruff etc.......

suffiyan007
08-25-2008, 05:11 PM
if long hair or middle length u need to wash hair regularly..avoid the dirty hair stick to ya face...! that cause pimple....i mean for girls...cause is need tied up the pony tail or bunch up the hair neatly...

if u skin normal to oily skin type need to wash the face on the mid day..
so cleans it 3x a day is better...cause we are going to outdoor lotsa dust and etc stick to your face..! and using some oil blotter to blot some excess facial oil...so skin look matte..!

Orn
08-26-2008, 02:45 AM
brother do you study dermatology?

suffiyan007
08-26-2008, 12:59 PM
yeah...! i research green tea,tea tree,vitamins done for skin...like milk to fair the skin. Neem,tea tree oil and green tea is to maintain healthy skin and clean the skin from inside out. people who have a pimple prone skin or oily-normal skin need some cleanser contain glycerin and triclosan in the cleanser to clear off pimple while it retain the moisture balanced for healthy skin if u buy non-herbal cleanser! cause normal to oily skin need moisture balance and occasionnally get Zits..! so they need to used milder cleanser...but for dry skin need heavy cleanser...such as cream cleanser and cleansing milk!...\
salicylic acid,bha,aha...is good for reducing pimple but is good for skin aging!

*~Sofia~*
08-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Salam sis

For acne scars, I would say to drink plenty of water to avoid any further outbreaks, and also the use of vitamin e-oil (I think someone recommended that already, and so would I).
I think the best healer would be time. I use to have lots of scars on my face but after a while they dissapeared.
My parents always say that if you pop your spot it will leave a scar..dunno how accurate that is ;D but maybe try to avoid popping em?

Neway don't stress too much about the scars..im sure they'll go in time :)

W'salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.