/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone loose their family,friends,and significant other when converting to Islam?

LUIS84
07-18-2008, 06:30 AM
I'm not sure where this thread belongs......

I was just wondering if any new or old converts lost their family,friends and significant other (wife/husband,GF,BF) when you converted to Islam ?

how did you feel ? all alone ? thoughts ?

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aurora
07-25-2008, 01:18 AM
Is that what your family and friends did to you? If my family and friends were going to treat me like that because of a change in belief I would try and keep it a secret to be honest.

Strzelecki
08-02-2008, 06:53 AM
I'm keeping a secret for my parents and have done for over a year now for this reason. :(
May Allah [swt] make it easy for you.

cute123
08-02-2008, 06:56 AM
May ALlah Tallah reward you all for your efforts. May Allah Tallah make it easy for you all

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
adeeb
08-02-2008, 07:28 AM
many people experienced the same when they converted to islam..

that's the risk for it and ... enjoy the process dude...

having Islam as your religion is way more important than family...
but having both will make everything easy...:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Belief_is_Power
08-02-2008, 10:50 PM
i lost everybuddy, execpt 4 my girlfriend she stayed with me.

Woodrow
08-02-2008, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LUIS84
I'm not sure where this thread belongs......

I was just wondering if any new or old converts lost their family,friends and significant other (wife/husband,GF,BF) when you converted to Islam ?

how did you feel ? all alone ? thoughts ?

Thanks.

I still consider myself a recent revert. I only reverted 3 years ago. I can not see where I lost a single person in my life, I gained a world wide family. Perhaps because of my age and no longer having anybody to loose my situation is different from many other reverts, I am the eldest surviving person in my biological family.

Woodrow
08-02-2008, 11:52 PM
Looking back over the past 3 years since I reverted I can only see what and who I gained.

I gained a deep love and respect of our beloved Prophet Jesus(as) I got to understand who and what he is, to a geater degree than I did as a Christian.

I gained the desire and courage to serve Allaah(swt) alone and lost all barriers that kept me from worshipping Him alone.

I learned the truth about Muhammad(PBUH) and learned to follow Allaah(swt) because of the final Prophet.

I discovered and gained the words that exist between the covers of the Noble Qur'an.

I can not comprehend how any person can ever feel they have lost anything or anybody when they revert to Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.