/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tajweed-Questions

Faye
07-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Q1. In Ayat 11 of Surah Yusuf, there is Ishmaam in the word Ta2manna in Riwayat Hafs. Is Ikhtilaas also allowed here in Riwayat Hafs?

Q2. The letters ﻈ, ﺬ, ﺚ
are referred to as the Horoof ulLithawiyyah, but doesn't the Lithah mean gum?s
These letters are pronounced by the tip of the tounge and tip of the teeth so why are they referred to as Lithawiyyah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
07-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Thread Approved.

:w:

Faye
07-23-2008, 10:14 AM
I found the answers. In Riwayatu Hafs, both Ishmam and rawm may be done on the word ta2manna. In the case of rawm, 2 noons are pronounced, ta3manona, with only 1/3 of the zamma on the 1st noon being pronounced. The only books that I found which had this question in it said that these three letters were called Lithawiyyah, because their makhraj was close to the gums. Ther must be a better answer beacause, tip of the teeth is not very close to gums at all

Muhammad
05-10-2009, 03:11 PM
:sl:

A quick question regarding Tajweed. Is there any acronym for remembering the Hurooful-Hams i.e. the letters where you should allow air to come out of the mouth when they have sukoon?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mujahidah4Allah
05-10-2009, 05:46 PM
:sl:

^ i think its

فَحَثَّهُ شَخْصٌ سَكَتْ Fa Hath-thahu shakhsun sakath

or حَثَّهُ شَخْصٌ فَسَكَتْ Hath-thahu shakhsun fasakath

?

wa/salam

Al-Hanbali
05-10-2009, 06:02 PM
:salamext:
^ yhh as Imaam Ibn al-Jazari mentions: مَهْمُوسُهَـا فَحَثَّـهُ شَخْـصٌ سَـكَـتْ

05-12-2009, 03:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faye
Q1. In Ayat 11 of Surah Yusuf, there is Ishmaam in the word Ta2manna in Riwayat Hafs. Is Ikhtilaas also allowed here in Riwayat Hafs?
yup

Q2. The letters ﻈ, ﺬ, ﺚ
are referred to as the Horoof ulLithawiyyah, but doesn't the Lithah mean gum?s
These letters are pronounced by the tip of the tounge and tip of the teeth so why are they referred to as Lithawiyyah
These letters are actually supposed to be pronounced with the gums and tongue

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.