/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice and suggestions needed

PeaceSeeker
07-20-2008, 04:41 AM
Is keeping long hair (for example, hip length) for women bad for health?
I know a girl ( 18 years old), she is very skinny but Alhamdulillah have no health problems, she has hip lenthed hair. Some say its because of her hair she is so skinny. She doesnt have a good apetite, she can not eat much not even forcefully, she thinks she is genetically thin though she wants to gain more weight, but doesnt know what to do.
She is a good muslim.
Oh, is there any hadith saying that there are angels who prays for muslim women having long hair and muslim men having beard?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ennab
07-20-2008, 06:23 AM
keeping long hair for women got nothing to do with health ............ the important is not make her hair like boys and about " angels prays for Muslim women having long hair " i never heared about that but i will make sure and replay

PeaceSeeker
07-21-2008, 03:48 AM
Jazakallah, I will be waiting for a reply.

PeaceSeeker
07-21-2008, 03:53 AM
How can she gain more weight?
You can kindly inform about some websites too along with your suggestions.
Aaah please help... I am not finding ay way out in helping this good friend of mine.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
07-21-2008, 10:04 AM
:bump:

someone help

Eeman
07-21-2008, 11:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Laila100
Is keeping long hair (for example, hip length) for women bad for health?
I know a girl ( 18 years old), she is very skinny but Alhamdulillah have no health problems, she has hip lenthed hair. Some say its because of her hair she is so skinny. She doesnt have a good apetite, she can not eat much not even forcefully, she thinks she is genetically thin though she wants to gain more weight, but doesnt know what to do.
She is a good muslim.
Oh, is there any hadith saying that there are angels who prays for muslim women having long hair and muslim men having beard?
salam alaikum sister.

lol i'm sorry i do apologise for this but what on earth does long hair have to do with people being skiny and angels praying for them??????? :skeleton:

if you truly want to help your friend then take her to a doctor maybe even a nutritionist that would be the best way to start things off for her.
Masha'Allah its great that she is a practising sister.

i have the same thing, i used to e a healthy size 8 to 10 english size then started rapidly losing weight due to stress and lack of appetite i even went down to a size 0 but alhumdullilah my health was still fine, doctors were amazed at it but i persnally believe it is due to the fact that i am steadfast in my prayers.
slowly slowly i have started to gain weight now,maybe it is the case with your friend too, or maybe there is another issue that you may not know about but you really do need to get her checked out but this whole long hair and angels praying thing is non sense. we know that too much consumption of food is not encouraged by the sunnah but not for the reasons to starve yourself or maintain your figure or in order to have long hair so that angels pray for you. thats justadding onto religion whats not there and its not right so please do point that out to your friend Insha'Allah.

ma salama

PeaceSeeker
07-21-2008, 04:25 PM
jazakallahu khairan for helping
I got the point alhamdulillah.

PeaceSeeker
07-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Someone please kindly close this thread

Re.TiReD
07-21-2008, 04:55 PM
:salamext:

Tell her to eat dates and cucumber...from the book, medicine of the prophet (saw) :D

:wasalamex

PeaceSeeker
07-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Jazakallah sis
may Allah always keep you in good health

Muezzin
07-26-2008, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Laila100
Someone please kindly close this thread
Your wish is my double-click.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.