/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I just Declared Shahada!!

SisterSahirah
07-21-2008, 06:10 PM
My name is Sahirah and I am a new Muslim with a LOT to learn. Allahu Akbar!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Souljette
07-21-2008, 06:12 PM
:sl:

ALLLAHHUU AKBAR SIS>>>WELCOME TO ISLAM!!>>INSHALLAH YOU STICK TO IT AND if you need any help do ask...LOVEE YA FISABEELILLAH (for the sake of Allah)

:w:

Ali.
07-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Masha'Allah, Sahirah. :)

Congratulations on taking up your new faith, any questions along the path of learning about it, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Simply_Logical
07-21-2008, 06:14 PM
:sl: Sahirah, masallah, alhamdudilllah,
may allah make everything in this life
and in the hereafter easy for you,
humble request for you to make dua for me :D

ALLAHU AKBAR!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd al-Baari
07-21-2008, 06:17 PM

Allahu Akbar!! Congratulations sis Sahirah [Nice choice of name!]

Welcome to Islam. May Allah SWT continue to guide you to all that is good, and ease your affairs. Aameen.

If you have any questions please just ask. We're all here to help. :)

SisterSahirah
07-21-2008, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical
:sl: Sahirah, masallah, alhamdudilllah,
may allah make everything in this life
and in the hereafter easy for you,
humble request for you to make dua for me :D

ALLAHU AKBAR!
'humble request for you to make dua for me :D'

Sure thing!!!

S_87
07-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Assalamualikum sister!!!

congratulations and welcome to islam :D :D :D

if we can help you in any way, we will inshaAllah. Let us know

May Allah bless you :D

SisterSahirah
07-21-2008, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Baari

Allahu Akbar!! Congratulations sis Sahirah [Nice choice of name!]

Welcome to Islam. May Allah SWT continue to guide you to all that is good, and ease your affairs. Aameen.

If you have any questions please just ask. We're all here to help. :)

Thank you so much Brother!! I am SO happy, I cannot stop the tears rolling down and my daughter keeps hugging me!!! I belong to the biggest and most wonderful family on planet Earth, Allahu Akbar!!!! Forgive me, please, as I make mistakes as a new sister, but may Allah bless you all!!!

Your new sis, Sahirah :D

Simply_Logical
07-21-2008, 06:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CamillaRose
'humble request for you to make dua for me :D'

Sure thing!!!
thank you, jazakallah khair! :D
i got a theory test (driving) on wednesday,
so make dua for me lol! :D:D

Mikayeel
07-21-2008, 06:27 PM

And weclome to islam! I really do hope you will enjoy being around us muslim. Indeed Allah chooses whom he guides :)

Feel comfortable about asking questions.

adam123
07-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Congratulations

any questions , please don't hesitate to ask us.

we are here to help each other

SisterSahirah
07-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Oh wow!!! I'm so grateful I didn't have to do the Theory Bro...been driving since '89!!!
Insha' Allah you will pass with flying colours!!

Welcome to Islam!! May Allah guide you to make the best decisions in life ameen!

I hope you benefit from us inshaallaah! If you have any queries, ASK! :D

Na7lah
Allahu Akbar :D :D mashallah!

Simply_Logical
07-21-2008, 06:36 PM
Oh wow!!! I'm so grateful I didn't have to do the Theory Bro...been driving since '89!!!
Insha' Allah you will pass with flying colours!!
inshallah, anyways if you need anything don't hesitate to ask :)

SisterSahirah
07-21-2008, 06:46 PM
I can't stop grinning!!!! :D

ayan333
07-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Thank you so much Brother!! I am SO happy, I cannot stop the tears rolling down and my daughter keeps hugging me!!! I belong to the biggest and most wonderful family on planet Earth, Allahu Akbar!!!! Forgive me, please, as I make mistakes as a new sister, but may Allah bless you all!!!

you surely do!!! and we are happy you joined our family!!!!!!

May ALLAH (SWA) grant you success in this life and most importantly in the hereafter,May He have mercy on your soul and grant you the best of Paradise,Al-Fardose

Welcome to the Truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ajazz
07-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Assalamulykum

may Allah(swt) give you success in this world and hereafter
may Allah(swt) be lenient with you while judging you

If possible please share you story for inspiration

Whatsthepoint
07-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Congratulations!

SisterSahirah
07-21-2008, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Congratulations!
Thank you!!!!!!! :D

truemuslim
07-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Oh MashAllah! Congratulations sis! welcome to islaaam!! If u have ANY questions, DO ask, we're all here for you. MashAllah sis , you new name is very beautiful, May Allah make life easy for you and you're beautiful children and family, May Allah grant you jannatul firdeous. Ameen !

And now, since you just accepted islam, you just took shahada, so you just started your new life, you're totally clean and you get to start from scratch! Do your best InshAllah, and remember NOBODY'S PERFECT! :)

ayan333
07-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Ameen to all the Duas

AlbanianMuslim
07-21-2008, 07:37 PM
congratulations!!!!! i am very happy for you.

I am almost in the same boat as you, i have a lot to learn! But dont be afraid, and take it step by step...:)

al Amaanah
07-21-2008, 09:30 PM
ALLAAAHU AKBAR! beautiful masha Allah. welcome to Islaam sis, may Allah keep u steadfast, Allahomma ameeen.

BlissfullyJaded
07-21-2008, 09:42 PM

Alhamdulillah! Welcome sis. :) We're all here for you inshaAllah, so feel free to ask anything you need to, or even vent when times get tough. *hugs*

Love you for the sake of Allah! <3

aadil77
07-21-2008, 09:44 PM
yh? mines on wednesday aswell and i just got the books and cd yesterday!!!!!

can you change the date?

Patience7
07-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Allahu Akbar!! mashallah sis...welcome to Islam, to this wonderful great family :)

If u have any questions...don't hesitate to ask

SisterSahirah
07-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Thank you guys....this really is the best thing that has ever happened to me, I can't sleep for excitement!!!! :D

Whatsthepoint
07-21-2008, 09:52 PM
One question, what was your religion prior to the conversion?

MustafaMc
07-21-2008, 09:55 PM

Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!

We welcome you as a sister in faith. May Allah preserve you on the Straight Way. I know the happiness that you feel as I felt that way when my wife said the shahada 5 years ago. I can imagine that you feel very blessed to have been guided to the Truth. Alhamdulillah!

Nájlá
07-21-2008, 09:57 PM
allah akbar
welcome sis to islam
ur like a new born baby now.
inshallah if u have any questions please ask.
ameeeeeeeen to all the dua's
btw ur name is beautiful

Fishman
07-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Subhanallah!

SisterSahirah
07-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Allahu Akbar!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cabdullahi
07-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Allahu Akbar!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sister I hope your doing well :)

aminahjaan
07-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Welcome to the truth!
And remember
Smile! Cuz Allah LOVES you :)

That's great news to hear!

MuslimahBarb
07-21-2008, 11:24 PM
Allahu! Akbar Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!

Welcome to Islam dear Ukhti(My Sister)!! I completely understand you feeling emotional about it, I felt the same way and still feel emotional about it at times. I suppose it is largely due to feeling so blessed to have discovered the truth. :D Like the others have said, if you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask. There are many helpful brothers and sisters here at LI.

SisterSahirah
07-21-2008, 11:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
Sister I hope your doing well :)
I can't sleep Bro, I'm so happy!!!!:D

SisterSahirah
07-21-2008, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aminahgorilla
Welcome to the truth!
And remember
Smile! Cuz Allah LOVES you :)

That's great news to hear!
Allah Loves you too!!!!! Thank you Sis!!!!!

SisterSahirah
07-21-2008, 11:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimahBarb
Allahu! Akbar Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!

Welcome to Islam dear Ukhti(My Sister)!! I completely understand you feeling emotional about it, I felt the same way and still feel emotional about it at times. I suppose it is largely due to feeling so blessed to have discovered the truth. :D Like the others have said, if you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask. There are many helpful brothers and sisters here at LI.
Oh WOW!!!! I can't stop smiling!!!!! This is just the best thing ever...

MuslimahBarb
07-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Oh WOW!!!! I can't stop smiling!!!!! This is just the best thing ever...

I am so happy that you feel so wonderful about your decision. :D

Brother_Mujahid
07-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Welcome to the faith sister!

Just wanted to say don't tire yourself out with trying to burden yourself with trying to learn loads of new things at once. Take things slowly and overtime things will fall in place inshallah.

wasalam

SisterSahirah
07-21-2008, 11:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
Welcome to the faith sister!

Just wanted to say don't tire yourself out with trying to burden yourself with trying to learn loads of new things at once. Take things slowly and overtime things will fall in place inshallah.

wasalam
Thank you Brother!! I am so overwhelmed right now...I have so much to say and so many questions, but no Muslims nearby to talk to...

Cabdullahi
07-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Thank you Brother!! I am so overwhelmed right now...I have so much to say and so many questions, but no Muslims nearby to talk to...
You have us :thumbs_up

aminahjaan
07-22-2008, 12:31 AM
yep you DO have us, I second that ^^

Any questions you can just post them, and we'll all try our best to answer them
:)

rose17
07-22-2008, 01:10 AM
Allahu Akbar!! Congratulations sis Sahirah

coddles76
07-22-2008, 01:25 AM
May Allah grant you peace and mercy until the day of judgement. Congratulations on your path to the truth and May Allah continue and strengthen you on that path INshAllah

Abdul-Raouf
07-22-2008, 01:45 AM
Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah...

Great News.

Welcome to Islam sister.

May ALLAH guide us all to heaven.

BlissfullyJaded
07-22-2008, 01:51 AM

Just outta curiosity, how did you come to Islam? We'd love to hear your story! :)

coddles76
07-22-2008, 01:59 AM
Yes I would also love to hear your story, Its beautiful to hear how Allah guides his creation. SubhanAllah it always brings a tear to my eye and when I read that you were ready right away that tear returned. Its just amazing!
May Allah have Mercy on us All.

Khayal
07-22-2008, 02:00 AM

Congratulations!!

&

Welcome to the muslim ummah!! :)

ServantOfGod
07-22-2008, 03:28 AM

As-Salam `alaykum Wa rahmatullahi Wa barakatuhu

Subhan'Allah !! Congratulations sister...
I'm a new converted (some months), and I remember the day when I said the Shahâda.. it was 'magic' Al hamduliLlah...

May Allah protect you, and guide your kids

Wa `alaykum as Salam Wa rahmatullahi Wa barakatuhu

Eeman
07-22-2008, 03:33 AM
Masha'Allah welcome to the one and only path to the truth sis, i pray that Insha'Allah Allah swt makes the straight path easy for you and always keeps you guided and steadfast in His religion, bestows many blessings and bounties upon you and helps you each and every step of the way until you reach Jannah.

north_malaysian
07-22-2008, 03:34 AM

Mabrook! Mabrook! Congrats!

PeaceSeeker
07-22-2008, 03:36 AM
may Allah make your path Siratul Mustakim

Amat Allah
07-22-2008, 04:07 AM
Asalamo Alikom

Allaho Akbar,Allaho Akbar,Allaho Akbar

welcome to Islam my precious may Allah reward you with the highest levels of paradise and protect you from all harms and hellfire...

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen^^

Woodrow
07-22-2008, 04:22 AM

MashaAllah wa Mabrook

Welcome home Uhkti. Yes it is welcome home. Islam has always been your home. It just took some time to realize it. I am glad to see you found it early, I was slow and stubborn and it took me 65 years to come home.

Remember, while it only takes a few seconds to become a Muslim, it takes a life time to be one. There will be new discoveries and new things to learn as often as you look and ask.

SisterSahirah
07-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Thank you so much all of you! You're all amazing!!!

Allahu Akbar

[I]Sahirah[I] :)

arabianprincess
07-23-2008, 03:00 PM
welcome to islam......................

not to be rude i hope this isnt like the last time...like some other ppl faked they r muslim n after 2 or few days they went back which doesnt make sense.... peace

MuslimahBarb
07-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Thank you so much all of you! You're all amazing!!!

Allahu Akbar

[i]Sahirah[i] :)

Sis we are happy to have you with us. How are things going for you so far with your prayers? I know what an adjustment it can be as a new Muslim.

SisterSahirah
07-23-2008, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by arabianprincess
welcome to islam......................

not to be rude i hope this isnt like the last time...like some other ppl faked they r muslim n after 2 or few days they went back which doesnt make sense.... peace
Hey there sis...no, I'm quite genuine and I don't understand why anyone would do that, how bizarre!!!! Great to meet you!!!

Sahirah :)

SisterSahirah
07-23-2008, 06:07 PM

Sis we are happy to have you with us. How are things going for you so far with your prayers? I know what an adjustment it can be as a new Muslim.
Hi! Yeah, it's crazy adjusting to the prayers etc, but well worth it. It's all so exciting!!! I bought myself a beautiful new Quran too!

Sister Sahirah :)

Woodrow
07-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Hi! Yeah, it's crazy adjusting to the prayers etc, but well worth it. It's all so exciting!!! I bought myself a beautiful new Quran too!

:sl: Ukhti,

would you like me to change your user to Sister Sahirah name or do you desire to keep CamillaRose?

SisterSahirah
07-23-2008, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
:sl: Ukhti,

would you like me to change your user to Sister Sahirah name or do you desire to keep CamillaRose?
I'd like that (to change my name) very much! Thank you!

adam123
07-23-2008, 06:33 PM
whats made you change your religion...i like reading the experience people have had in accepting islam.....

SisterSahirah
07-23-2008, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by adam123
whats made you change your religion...i like reading the experience people have had in accepting islam.....
Well, the only thing I can say is that I have been truly guided by Allah...I feel it in my heart! No-one suggested it to me, I just woke up one morning with the urge to find out about Islam. When I was at school, I studyed the five pillars of Islam for Religious studies, but that was 20 years ago, and I have been lost, trying different things (not all of them healthy!!) and now, I am SO grateful I have arrived at this point. Allahu Akbar!!! :D

I'm having a great time learning how to pray properly :uuh: so I'm looking forward to my trip to the Mosque on Friday!!!!

:D

MuslimahBarb
07-23-2008, 06:43 PM

Sister Sahirah,

Getting up so early for Fajr is probably what can be one of the most challenging things for a new Muslim, especially when it begins at a very early hour, as it is for you in England. Though, it is well worth it like you said. InshaAllah things will get easier for you. MashaAllah on you getting yourself a new Quran, which translation did you get? If I can be of any assistance at all please let me know, I will help in any way I can, insha 'Allah.

adam123
07-23-2008, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SisterSahirah
Well, the only thing I can say is that I have been truly guided by Allah...I feel it in my heart! No-one suggested it to me, I just woke up one morning with the urge to find out about Islam. When I was at school, I studyed the five pillars of Islam for Religious studies, but that was 20 years ago, and I have been lost, trying different things (not all of them healthy!!) and now, I am SO grateful I have arrived at this point. Allahu Akbar!!! :D

I'm having a great time learning how to pray properly :uuh: so I'm looking forward to my trip to the Mosque on Friday!!!!

:D
which mosque are you visiting.....regent park.........

SisterSahirah
07-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Sister Sahirah,

Getting up so early for Fajr is probably what can be one of the most challenging things for a new Muslim, especially when it begins at a very early hour, as it is for you in England. Though, it is well worth it like you said. InshaAllah things will get easier for you. MashaAllah on you getting yourself a new Quran, which translation did you get? If I can be of any assistance at all please let me know, I will help in any way I can, insha 'Allah.
Fajr is at 2.41 tomorrow morning!!! :p It's gonna be interesting to see what happens to the prayer times as the year draws on though. In winter the sun doesn't rise until round about 7.30am and sets about 4.30pm!
I bought the Abdullah Yusef Ali translation, it's fantastic!!!
That's wonderful Barb, thank you so much for your help, I have so much to learn!!!

adam123
07-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Masha Allah.....really glad to see you happy....

we are here for you for any help........

SisterSahirah
07-23-2008, 06:59 PM
which mosque are you visiting.....regent park.........
Well, I do hope to get down there. I actually live about 25 miles outside central London (although still classed as London). I must admit, I am a little shy about visiting the little mosque near my home! It's based in a small building inside a park and I only ever see men praying there - no women. I would love to get down to Regents Park with my daughter...insha'Allah we'll get there!!

piXie
07-23-2008, 07:02 PM

masha'Allaah, congratulations sister sahirah!!! wonderful news :D :D Aameen to all the du'aas!

SisterSahirah
07-23-2008, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie

masha'Allaah, congratulations sister sahirah!!! wonderful news :D :D Aameen to all the du'aas!
Thank you so very much!!!! :D

adam123
07-23-2008, 07:06 PM
are you making new muslim friends insha allah they will be able to guide you to masjids...

SisterSahirah
07-23-2008, 07:15 PM
are you making new muslim friends insha allah they will be able to guide you to masjids...
Not as yet, I need some!! :D

MustafaMc
07-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Hey there sis...no, I'm quite genuine and I don't understand why anyone would do that, how bizarre!!!! Great to meet you!!!

We have absolutely no reason to doubt your sincerity in reverting to Islam. As a word of explanation for the question, we have had some new members on LI who also "reverted" and then very shortly after supposedly left Islam. In some cases I believe that these are really Christians who just pretend to revert to Islam in order to spread discord and try to lead Muslims astray by asking questions that they gather from anti-Islam web sites. I welcome you again from the bottom of my heart.

As far as translations I really like the Majestic Quran, but it seems that it will be hard to find. By the way the Yusuf Ali translation is the one that I read over 26 years ago before I became a Muslim.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Majestic-Qur.../dp/1929694504

Uthman
07-23-2008, 07:33 PM

Welcome to Islam, sister! I really don't know what else to say that hasn't been said already. :)

adam123
07-23-2008, 07:36 PM
iv got a lecture to do in south london in september for both men and women may be you can come....

jannat
07-23-2008, 08:18 PM

Congratualtion sister, May SWT make all the affairs easy for u and inshallah make this journey peaceful.
Ask away, we will do our best to help inshallah.
Best regards:D

Faye
07-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Masha Allah. Congrats. Many many congrats.

Umu 'Isa
07-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Assalaamu alaykum ukhtee

MashaAllaah great news!! Congratulations! May Allaah keep you firm on the deen ameen!

SisterSahirah
07-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Thank you so very much everyone!!! :D

Aurora
07-25-2008, 03:58 PM
What were your beliefs before you became a Muslim?

SisterSahirah
07-25-2008, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aurora
Hi Aurora! Well, I didn't leave any other religion to convert to Islam. I have been searching for the truth, and Allah guided me home. :D

SisterSahirah
07-25-2008, 05:32 PM
Whereabouts in the UK are you sis? :)

Whatsthepoint
07-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Why did you chose Sahira as your Arabic name?

Aurora
07-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Hi Aurora! Well, I didn't leave any other religion to convert to Islam. I have been searching for the truth, and Allah guided me home. :D
Hi
So you were an atheist/agnostic before?

Whereabouts in the UK are you sis?
London

DAWUD_adnan
07-25-2008, 06:17 PM
May Allah give Jannah in your right hand.

unknown_JJ
07-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Allahu Akbar! mashAllah! , & Ameen to all d duaz above

SisterSahirah
07-25-2008, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Why did you chose Sahira as your Arabic name?
It means 'lover of the night', or something along those lines. I feel closest to Allah at night when it is quiet (in my house, anyway! :D)

SisterSahirah
07-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Hi
So you were an atheist/agnostic before?

London
Hi Aurora!!

I have never been an atheist or an agnostic. Not at all. Since I was about 11 I have been searching for what I could call 'the truth' in my heart.

MuslimahBarb
07-25-2008, 08:18 PM

Sis how was your visit to the masjid today?

cute123
07-27-2008, 07:23 AM
allahuakbar mashallah sis welcome to islam. any doubts plz feel free to ask

SisterSahirah
07-27-2008, 08:38 AM

Sis how was your visit to the masjid today?
Hi!! Well, I found out that the one near me only caters for brothers, but no worries, one of the brothers here on LI found a mosque nearby that has room for sisters too...:D

SisterSahirah
07-27-2008, 08:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma Shaikh
allahuakbar mashallah sis welcome to islam. any doubts plz feel free to ask
Thank you so very much sis :D

MuslimahBarb
07-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Hi!! Well, I found out that the one near me only caters for brothers, but no worries, one of the brothers here on LI found a mosque nearby that has room for sisters too...:D

Hey there Sahirah!
Too bad the one closest to you only caters to brothers but Masha 'Allah that one of our brothers here at LI located one nearby that you can attend, insha 'Allah. That is one thing that I really like about the forum here, the brothers and sisters, try to help each other. :D When you do attend the mosque, maybe you will meet some sisters that can be helpful to you in your new way of life, insha 'Allah. :) We want to help you any way that we can but, it helps to have someone near you as well. That is one thing that I wish I had more of here in my area, more Muslimahs to interact with regularly.

Ayesha Rana
07-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Assalamu-alaikum people!
lol sis u sound full of life-welcome to Islam and May Allah protect us all.

Just out of curiosity, what was it that attracted you most about Islam?
-xXx-

adam123
08-02-2008, 03:22 PM
ive gor a lecture in south london..you can come and listen...........its for both males and female..
topic...repentance

Periwinkle18
08-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Assalam i alikum

Welcome to Islam sis.:) n welcome to the forum

SisterSahirah
08-02-2008, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
Assalam i alikum

Welcome to Islam sis.:) n welcome to the forum
Thank you so very much sis!!! :D

SisterSahirah
08-02-2008, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ayesha Rana
Assalamu-alaikum people!
lol sis u sound full of life-welcome to Islam and May Allah protect us all.

Just out of curiosity, what was it that attracted you most about Islam?
-xXx-
Hi there and sorry for the late reply, I've been at my parents' house in Manchester for a few days!! :D We're back at home now and I miss them terribly.

I think Islam found me, rather than me finding it...anyone else experienced it that way?

Sahirah :D

adam123
08-02-2008, 04:58 PM
had any lucks with visiting any mosques?

Re.TiReD
08-02-2008, 07:06 PM
AssalamuAlaykum sissssss :D

Masha'Allah! Cant believe I came across this thread so late! :-[ May Allah (swt) bless you in abundance sis! Ameen!

:wasalamex

SisterSahirah
08-05-2008, 09:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
AssalamuAlaykum sissssss :D

Masha'Allah! Cant believe I came across this thread so late! :-[ May Allah (swt) bless you in abundance sis! Ameen!

:wasalamex
Thank you so very much sis!!! :D

And to everyone...I will be away for a few days on family business, back soon and looking forward to catching up with you all then, insha'Allah!! Thank you so much for all your friendship and support!!!!

Sahirah :D

IbnAbdulHakim
08-05-2008, 09:56 AM
welcome to islam sister !

mashaAllaah !

Muhammad
08-05-2008, 09:59 AM

Masha'Allaah, congratulations sister!

All praise be to Allaah for guiding you to this noble religion of truth!

kay106
08-05-2008, 11:31 PM

Alahamdullilah, welcome to Islam sister, may Allah guide you and your family to the highest levels of paradise.

But when gaining knowledge becareful on these forums and internet, many many people out there to deliberetly to confuse you. always verify,

salam,
k

al.Ghurabaa'
08-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Allahu Akbar! MashAllah....Congrats!

Welcome to Islam sis, the True Path.

May Allah guide us always on the straight path...Ameen.

Ameen to all the du'aas.

i_m_tipu
08-06-2008, 03:58 AM
Allahu Akbar!
Allahu Akbar!
Allahu Akbar!

Assalamualikum Sis

Pls share ur story in the stories of revet muslim thread.

Danah
08-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Masha Allah sis, welcome to the muslims family, I hope you will satisfy your need to knowledge here in sha allah

Muslim Woman
08-07-2008, 12:04 PM

MashaAllah.

may Allah bless u :D :statisfie

did u write ur story ?

Muslim Woman
08-13-2008, 07:20 AM

sis , how are u enjoying as a new Muslim ?

yasin ibn Ahmad
08-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Mashallah sister.Congratulations.Gradually you will see the perfect change in your life insallah.May Allah make the things easy for you.I suggest you learn Islam by reading Ahli Sunnah Imams.
Welcome to the real religion which Allah chose and made perfect for us.
:):statisfie

Thought
08-13-2008, 07:04 PM
allah akbar sister

A_Way_Of_Life
08-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Congrats sister!:D:Alhumdill

May Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala reward you with Jannah, may Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala guide us all to the right path and reward us all with Jannah.

Ameen

silkworm
08-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Welcome Sister Shahirah, welcome to Islam and I congratulate you on chosing the real religion of Allah the most beneficient and merciful. Please take care of yourself and be steadfast, as you will go through immense physical and mental changes.

After this purity, you will be "attacked" upon foolish and lewd and rowdy thoughts, its the time to be real brave. Regarding the following please always consult some Sheikh or your companion in choosing to study Islamic books. Its great sister, thanks

Allahu Akbar

Islamic Brother
08-15-2008, 06:31 PM
allah akbar

welcome to islam , sister

silkworm
08-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Please buy these books and have a great read:

Prophet Mohammad by Martin Lings (aka Abu Bakr Sirja-addin)
Prophet Mohammad by Fetehullah Gullen
Road to Mecca by Leopold Asad
The Hadj by Michael Wolfe

These are going to provide you basic knowledge about Propphet Mohammad pbuh and his life and times.

Karen Armstrong's "Holy War" or "Jerusalem: One City Three Faith" also can be read for a great comparison.

Thankyou Sister and have faith in Islam, you will experience the greatest spiritual transition - Do let us know if you are in need of something. Take it easy and Assalam Alaykum!!!

Islamic Brother
08-16-2008, 10:48 AM
hey not to be rude but wat was your religion before joining the islamic religion
im just curious ...k??

silkworm
08-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Yeah, good question, I forgot to ask, in Chicago area I have seen a lot of white people converting to Islam, which is surprising as some while ago a convert to Islam usually meant Afro-Americans only.

------
08-16-2008, 10:53 AM
:salamext:

Takbeeeeeeeeeeer!!!

silkworm
08-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Every living being in this world and outer world speaks of Allah All-Mighty, His attributes are spread all over, just keep the mind of your eye open.

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Allahu Akbar!

Welcome to Allah's religion! Plz feel free to ask whatever you want, we will, Allah willing, try to help you.

ISLAAAAAAAM
08-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Congratulations from egypt

adz_222
08-22-2008, 06:30 PM
Asalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh, I just wanna say welcome to islam may you stay happy.

SisterSahirah
08-25-2008, 08:27 PM
Hello my brothers and sisters!!!!!! It's Sis Sahirah back again, and I have missed you all!!!!!!!!!!

MuslimahBarb
08-25-2008, 10:00 PM

Sister Sahirah,

Welcome back! We look forward to hearing how things are going with you in terms of being a new Muslim. I hope you have gotten the chance to visit a local mosque in your area so you can get to know other Muslims there especically other Muslimahs that can help you out with any questions you may have. Remember, if you have any questions or concerns at all, ask away & we will try to help you.

MustafaMc
08-26-2008, 03:20 AM
It's Sis Sahirah back again, and I have missed you all!!!!!!!!!!
I am glad to see you again. Insha'Allah, your adjustment to an Islamic way of life is going well.

جوري
08-30-2008, 08:33 PM
glad to see you ukhty.. pls spend Ramadan with us, let us know your experience..

Ramadan Kareem

Amy_Jane
08-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Hiya,

my names Amy and i've been learning Islam for about 4 years on and off. Alot has gone off and i have been distracted from learning, but i always seem to go back and want to learn more about Islam.

I have fasted before and wish to keep all fasts this year, i only eat halal meat, i dont eat pork or anything that isnt halal, such as chewy sweets with gelatine etc...I dont drink nor smoke and basically i try and follow the religion without being a converted muslim.

I'm 100% sure that i want to convert, but during the 4 years i have met someone really special and i know within my heart i want to be with him, this hasnt really stopped me from converting, but i dont want to lose contact with him, basically i know i want to marry him, hes muslim and hasnt forced me in anyway to learn Islam, although alot of people think this is the reason for me learnin Islam. I know if i converted then our relationship wouldnt be the same, which really doesnt bother me, but is it ok to have a close male friend, one whom i dont have physical or sexual contact with, but in my heart i love? PLEASE HELP GIVE ME GUIDENCE...

I was going to convert before ramadan but im really scared as my family isnt understanding and i'm still living with them, in my heart i know Islam is the right path in life but im really scared of the reaction i will get from my family...can anyone help?

Thankyou

Güven
08-30-2008, 09:43 PM
^

Well Having A boyfriend Is Haram No matter what, You should Try to get married If you love him soo Much
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/1114/boyfriend

and Family Issues Has Most of us especcialy The Converted Ones Maybe They Can Help you more with that,cause They Have been In That situation.
Keep Firm And Dont Be Scared Cause Allah Will Help You InshAllah :)

جوري
08-30-2008, 09:46 PM
you can keep him as a brother in Islam, but don't do anything haram. until such a time you get married insha'Allah..

yasin ibn Ahmad
08-31-2008, 03:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amy_Jane
Hiya,

my names Amy and i've been learning Islam for about 4 years on and off. Alot has gone off and i have been distracted from learning, but i always seem to go back and want to learn more about Islam.

I have fasted before and wish to keep all fasts this year, i only eat halal meat, i dont eat pork or anything that isnt halal, such as chewy sweets with gelatine etc...I dont drink nor smoke and basically i try and follow the religion without being a converted muslim.

I'm 100% sure that i want to convert, but during the 4 years i have met someone really special and i know within my heart i want to be with him, this hasnt really stopped me from converting, but i dont want to lose contact with him, basically i know i want to marry him, hes muslim and hasnt forced me in anyway to learn Islam, although alot of people think this is the reason for me learnin Islam. I know if i converted then our relationship wouldnt be the same, which really doesnt bother me, but is it ok to have a close male friend, one whom i dont have physical or sexual contact with, but in my heart i love? PLEASE HELP GIVE ME GUIDENCE...

I was going to convert before ramadan but im really scared as my family isnt understanding and i'm still living with them, in my heart i know Islam is the right path in life but im really scared of the reaction i will get from my family...can anyone help?

Thankyou
Allah will help you with your family inshAllah after you convert.

fuzalert
09-03-2008, 05:21 AM
Mashallah, Allah has guided u to the right path. :D
If you have questions inshallah i will be able to help you.

malayloveislam
09-03-2008, 05:00 PM

Congratulations and may Allah bless you and your daughter, our Dua for your success in everything you are going to do :statisfie

abs
09-03-2008, 05:22 PM
salamz sis,

allahu-akbar u accepted islam

so welcome 2 islam and i think islamic board

faizan786
09-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Assalam alaikum Sister,

wow, Allahu Akbar. Welcome to Islam and all that it has to offer :)

newsister
09-04-2008, 11:57 AM
:sl: am also new as well

welcome to Islam & to the forum

Muhammadiyoon
09-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Congratulations sister Sahirah!

I wanted to wish you a happy Ramadan. How have you lessons been coming along?

Muhammadiyoon

Muhammadiyoon
09-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Congratulations to you too New Sister! It is beautiful to know that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. Masha'Allah.

Muhammadiyoon

BNDGR
09-04-2008, 04:29 PM
MashaAllah Sister!!
Ramadan Mubarak!

~*Fatima*~
09-04-2008, 06:16 PM
CONGRATULATION!
May Allah Guide You All the way to the End~! Don't know what more to say... Though I'm really ReAlly glad but I can't express it. Ummmm WeeeeelllllCooommmeeee Tooo Islam Sista ~! (That showed a bit of my Happiness ^v^) Hope you'll have a very Blessed life and May Allah be with you Always Amin~!

galebe
09-10-2008, 10:11 AM
ALLAHU EKBER VE LİLLAHİL HAMD..

welcome bajı(bajı is a word of turkish,,its meaning of english sister)
ALLAH gives to you jennah inshaALLAH...
path of ALLAH is the best............

el jihaad fi sabeelellaah

Umar001
09-12-2008, 06:04 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum WaRahmatullah,

I hope you are well, and sorry for the late message but Alhamdulillah and I hope that all is wel with you and your family.

Hope you continue upon this path of truth and seeking knowledge of your Creator and what He has taught.

I got a question, is your daughter a muslim?

Peace be upon you and God's Mercy and Blessing,

Eesa

Snowflake
09-12-2008, 10:43 PM
asalam alaikum sis sahirah (((((((((hugz))))))))) welcome to Islam and load-islam mashaAllah :) @}->----

Ghira
09-14-2008, 07:46 PM
Allahu Akbar....Welcome to Islam Sister...Allah has truly wiped all your sins and replaced them with good deeds...I ask for you to supplicate to Allah for Muslims all around the world. May Allah (swt) continue to guide you and your family...ameen.

MARTYR
09-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Salam Peace to you Sister

I took shahada 9 months ago, still learning,
in fact will always be learning

Inshallah

Martyr

Proud Islamic Revert

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.