/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When do I pray?

SisterSahirah
07-21-2008, 11:39 PM
Oh gosh, the sunrise and sunset alter every day here in England! What is the protocol for prayer times? Help!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali.
07-21-2008, 11:48 PM
I have to go now, so maybe another member will help, but just a tip; take it in steps, don't take everything in one go, insha'Allah (God willing) :).

Mikayeel
07-21-2008, 11:52 PM
:sl: sister

Here you have the prayer times of london.

http://www.islamicfinder.org/prayerD...home=2008-7-21. If u do not know the prayers name, or how that table works feel free to ask.

Take things is little steps :) InshAllah u will succeed in life!

:w:

qassy!
07-21-2008, 11:53 PM
http://www.islamicfinder.org/cityPra...united_kingdom

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MuslimahBarb
07-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Sister Sahirah,
Islamicfinder.com is a good source for prayer times throughout the world. I did a search and got prayer times for the London area for you since that is what you have listed as your location. :D I hope this helps.

http://www.islamicfinder.org/prayerD...home=2008-7-21

Brother_Mujahid
07-21-2008, 11:59 PM
haha i found one for the whole yr in the london region.

http://www.muslimdirectory.co.uk/pts/prayer_times_london_08.pdf?PHPSESSID=28a2b39b95697 3059bfdc002538c5c77

Try getting some sleep.

If you want help with how to pray and perform ablution etc feel free to ask

SisterSahirah
07-22-2008, 12:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimahBarb
Sister Sahirah,
Islamicfinder.com is a good source for prayer times throughout the world. I did a search and got prayer times for the London area for you since that is what you have listed as your location. :D I hope this helps.

http://www.islamicfinder.org/prayerD...home=2008-7-21
Thank you Sis!!! :D

MustafaMc
07-22-2008, 12:35 AM
From Islamicfinder.com For July 21 the time for fajr (dawn) prayer was from 2:40 (dawn distinct from night) to 5:08 AM (sunrise).

The time for dhuhr (noon) prayer was from 1:07 (sun a little past its zenith) to 5:23 PM (sun halfway between zenith and setting).

The time for asr (afternoon) prayer was from 5:23 to 9:05 (sunset).

The time for isha (night) prayer is from 11:20 (night distinct from dusk) to 2:40 AM tomorrow, but it is better before midnight.

It is better to not delay salah and to pray early in the time range. We must not pray exactly at sunrise, when the sun is at its zenith or when it is actually setting.

The qiblah or direction to face is the Kabba in Mecca which is east and a little bit towards the south.

Try your best, but be patient so that you don't get overwhelmed.

MuslimahBarb
07-23-2008, 12:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CamillaRose
Thank you Sis!!! :D
:sl:

You are very welcome. We are all too happy to assist you in anyway that we can, insha 'Allah. I reverted 5 years ago so, I know how overwhelming it can all be. As others have said be patient and try not to become overwhelmed with it all.

Uthman
07-23-2008, 12:55 PM

Like some other members said, Islamicfinder is very good, but you could also try this website:

http://www.salahtimes.com/Web/Pages/...?PlaceID=18476

It includes various options including an RSS feed for your browser with prayer times which will update every day. If you have any questions about that, please ask.

SisterSahirah
07-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks everyone!!! Islamicfinder really is great, there's so much information on here!!

I feel honoured to be part of this wonderful community too.

Sahirah :)

Brother_Mujahid
07-23-2008, 03:01 PM
If you do have any questions or seem to be confused with something or simply don't understand...

please feel free to ask away and im sure someone will help!

wa'alykumasalam

shahrazad
07-25-2008, 12:08 PM
I am sure the answer is obvious but I'm just not seeing it...the websites only show one time for each prayer, but I know there's supposed to be a range (like MustafaMc says)... how do I figure it out?

MustafaMc
07-25-2008, 12:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shahrazad
I am sure the answer is obvious but I'm just not seeing it...the websites only show one time for each prayer, but I know there's supposed to be a range (like MustafaMc says)... how do I figure it out?
Using the times from http://www.salahtimes.com/Web/Pages/...?PlaceID=18476

Date_Day_Fajr_Sunrise_Zohar_Asar_Magrib_Isha

_25__Fri_04:02_05:12_13:08_18:32_21:01_22:11

The time for fajr in London starts at 4:02 and ends at 5:12 which is sunrise.

As you said, the time for the other prayers just has one time listed. The time listed is for the beginning of that prayer and the period ends at the time for the start of the next prayer. For example, the time for Zuhr prayer is from 13:08 (1:08 PM) until 18:32 (6:32 PM). But it is always better to pray as close to the start time as possible.

I hope this is helpful.

SisterSahirah
07-25-2008, 04:29 PM
Getting up for Fajr and stumbling through the prayers with my hand-written notes has been good fun...honestly!!! :D My daughter just looked at me like I was crazy!!!

This is a crazy question, I know, but when Muslims live east of Mecca, what happens to the direction of prayer?

Sahirah :D

Brother_Mujahid
07-25-2008, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SisterSahirah
Getting up for Fajr and stumbling through the prayers with my hand-written notes has been good fun...honestly!!! :D My daughter just looked at me like I was crazy!!!

This is a crazy question, I know, but when Muslims live east of Mecca, what happens to the direction of prayer?

Sahirah :D
if there east of mecca then they pray towards its direction, i.e in the west...

so no matter where you are in the world you still face the focal point we were commanded to pray towards - makkah.

The house which our beloved prophet Ibrahim initially built :D

SisterSahirah
07-25-2008, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
if there east of mecca then they pray towards its direction, i.e in the west...

so no matter where you are in the world you still face the focal point we were commanded to pray towards - makkah.

The house which our beloved prophet Ibrahim initially built :D
Gotcha...thanks for clearing that up bro!!!

MuslimahBarb
07-25-2008, 08:23 PM

Sister Sahirah,
I remember those days well, when I needed a little help along when doing my salat. Fortunately, I had my husband(MustafaMc here on LI) to help me.

SisterSahirah
07-25-2008, 08:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimahBarb

Sister Sahirah,
I remember those days well, when I needed a little help along when doing my salat. Fortunately, I had my husband(MustafaMc here on LI) to help me.
Hey there Barb!!! :D

I wish I had someone close by to help, I am muddling through on my own, I just hope I am not too much of a disgrace to Allah when I muddle through my prayers!!! :D

shahrazad
07-25-2008, 10:38 PM
MustafaMc yes that is very helpful thank you! I feel like I should already know this...

sister Sahirah I know the feeling ...:) but I think Allah can forgive us, so let's keep stumbling along :D

MuslimahBarb
07-26-2008, 02:59 AM
Hey there Barb!!! :D

I wish I had someone close by to help, I am muddling through on my own, I just hope I am not too much of a disgrace to Allah when I muddle through my prayers!!! :D
Hey Sahirah!
I'm sure Allah knows you are doing your best on your prayers. It takes time to learn them. I remember following my reversion that when I was praying with my husband I did fine but if I were praying alone, it would take longer because sometimes I would have to stop to think about what I had to do next, in terms of the different positions of the prayer or the number of rakahs for a certain prayer. Be patient with yourself, insha 'Allah it will be easier for you soon!:sunny:

MuslimahBarb
07-26-2008, 03:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shahrazad
MustafaMc yes that is very helpful thank you! I feel like I should already know this...

sister Sahirah I know the feeling ...:) but I think Allah can forgive us, so let's keep stumbling along :D

Sister Shahrazad

Yes Allah will forgive you, like I said to Sister Sahirah, Allah knows you are doing your best, I still don't do salat perfectly all the time and I have been a Muslim 5 years. If you have any questions about salat, don't hesitate to ask. We will help in any way we can, insha 'Allah. :D

Amat Allah
07-26-2008, 04:28 AM
see this my dear sister...

http://muslim-canada.org/salaat.html

http://www.islam-usa.com/pray1.html

http://www.jannah.com/learn/flashprayer1.html

inshaa Allah will be beneficent for you honey and yes don`t worry you are trying your best and Allah loves servants just like you struggling to please him ...how lucky you are my dear...

may Allah purify you from all sins and protect you from all harms and hellfire and make you from those who will enter the highest levels of paradise with out being reckoning to be with him and his messenger Muhammad salla Allaho Alyhi wa sallam.......

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen^^

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.