/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help one to come to the Truth!!!!!! help with Convert!!!!!!!

ayan333
07-22-2008, 03:37 PM
:sl:

ok.here it goes

i have a friend who i met about 10years ago or so...shes always told that she liked our relgion,she had other friends in the neigborhood who were also muslim so she was intrested....Aladulilah we are til friends...she salways tld me her Mother didnt care if she converted..So Alhamdulilah i went with one of my teachers at my Masjid to go pick out some "converts" books

I gave her the books soon after and i really dnt know if she read them all...she is kinda person who is extremely open minded and easy to convince and talk to..sadly shes goin away for collage very soon Insh ALLAH so i need to make a it quick,she lives up the street so its no hassel...i need to do everything right, i mean i cant mess up or not have the answers to the questions she might throw at me,

my questons to you all is follow:

1. what do think her question will be,Converts,you"ll be a great at answer ths question for me.if you could please share the question that you askedd,the doubts you had and all that stuff

2.after meeting her,wut should i say to start...i mean i have to get her attention in the right way..make her want to listen.i wanna make ever word count,while making them make her think,drawing closer to the Truth..

3. some main points would help.how Islam is obsalutely the without a doubt the right religion and how the other relgions contradict themselves

and

4. Converts ur help again...what made you change you mind,come to the Truth? ofcourse ALLAH (SWA) made it happen, but was it what someone said? was it something you read? heard? saw?

Plz im asking for you advice and in helping this girl come to the Truth...Plz Pray for me and make Dau that ALLAH (SWA) makes her journey to Deen-il-Islam an easy one with many blessings,makeing it a smooth ride while making the outcome weather its succesfull or not easy for her,myself and all thats affected my her change in heart,Insh ALLAh..Ameen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jazakumlahu Khar in Advance

:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MaiCarInMtl
07-23-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm not a convert but I have been looking into converting seriously for a year (started looking into the religion 2 years ago). I can share some of my questions with you though...

1. As a woman, I am a major feminist (some people find it annoying) so I ask a lot of questions that have to do with women such as:
a) How is a woman supposed to behave in x,y,z situation? How about men?
b) What are the consequences to a woman in x,y,z situation? How about men?
c) What are womens' rights in x,y,z situation? How about men?
As someone who was raised Catholic, I had questions about Jesus (of course), Mary and the "trinity". But I also liked to hear the stories of other messengers God sent, I liked to hear the stories even more as time went on because I found out the large discrepancies between versions (Islamic vs Catholic).
This is all Ican think of right now...

2 and 3. How can you start? I don't think there is a set way one can start, it depends on your dynamic. The best advice I can give you is not to be pushy. You can bring up the subject but don't be pushy! I've talked to many people and the best experiences were when I was able to ask questions and obtained honest answers. The worst times is when people started lecturing/criticizinf and belittiling me on my behaviour, my beliefs and theories. You'll attract more flies with honey than with vinegar. Just take it easy. If it's time for her to convert, then it's time for her to convert, if it's not it's not. If you come off as being too pushy, you might actually scare her away (some of the most agressively devoted people I know scared me away for a time - I have not talked to them since).

4. How about what makes me think this may be it: I think really is a religion of feminism. Women aren't made to feel inferior to men. Wow! Also, I never understood the trinity and took the whole "Son of God" as a more figurative/hippy thing as in "we're all children/creations of God"). And I never understood the concept of the Holy Spirit/Ghost, I still don't get it. I never liked the worshipping of images either. Stories of messengers always had points that didn't make sense to me (Why would Noah get rip roaring drunk? Why would he curse his son for finding him? Why does he behave like this?, etc).Basically, I found a lot of holes here and there. Not to mention that I have a HUGE beef with the Catholic Church. Don't even get me started on that topic!

Sorry, I ranted on. Hope this helps in some way...

ayan333
07-23-2008, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl
I'm not a convert but I have been looking into converting seriously for a year (started looking into the religion 2 years ago). I can share some of my questions with you though...

1. As a woman, I am a major feminist (some people find it annoying) so I ask a lot of questions that have to do with women such as:
a) How is a woman supposed to behave in x,y,z situation? How about men?
b) What are the consequences to a woman in x,y,z situation? How about men?
c) What are womens' rights in x,y,z situation? How about men?
As someone who was raised Catholic, I had questions about Jesus (of course), Mary and the "trinity". But I also liked to hear the stories of other messengers God sent, I liked to hear the stories even more as time went on because I found out the large discrepancies between versions (Islamic vs Catholic).
This is all Ican think of right now...

2 and 3. How can you start? I don't think there is a set way one can start, it depends on your dynamic. The best advice I can give you is not to be pushy. You can bring up the subject but don't be pushy! I've talked to many people and the best experiences were when I was able to ask questions and obtained honest answers. The worst times is when people started lecturing/criticizinf and belittiling me on my behaviour, my beliefs and theories. You'll attract more flies with honey than with vinegar. Just take it easy. If it's time for her to convert, then it's time for her to convert, if it's not it's not. If you come off as being too pushy, you might actually scare her away (some of the most agressively devoted people I know scared me away for a time - I have not talked to them since).

4. How about what makes me think this may be it: I think really is a religion of feminism. Women aren't made to feel inferior to men. Wow! Also, I never understood the trinity and took the whole "Son of God" as a more figurative/hippy thing as in "we're all children/creations of God"). And I never understood the concept of the Holy Spirit/Ghost, I still don't get it. I never liked the worshipping of images either. Stories of messengers always had points that didn't make sense to me (Why would Noah get rip roaring drunk? Why would he curse his son for finding him? Why does he behave like this?, etc).Basically, I found a lot of holes here and there. Not to mention that I have a HUGE beef with the Catholic Church. Don't even get me started on that topic!

Sorry, I ranted on. Hope this helps in some way...
Salam

thanks alot!,ill try to use this Insh ALLAH

Salam

MustafaMc
07-24-2008, 01:00 AM
For me, it was simply a matter of reading the passages in the Qur'an that spoke of Jesus and Mary (pbut). The index and commentary in the Yusuf Ali translation was helpful to me.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
arabianprincess
07-24-2008, 05:18 AM
my question is .. is she a atheist does she she at least believe in a god n then we can go from there. salam wa 3lykom

ayan333
07-24-2008, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by arabianprincess
my question is .. is she a atheist does she she at least believe in a god n then we can go from there. salam wa 3lykom
:sl:
yes sis she is a christian...

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.