/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about the performance of salat!

Bilal2008
07-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Assalamu aleikum

I have a question regarding the performance of namaz (sunni way). I know that all sunnat and nafl prayers are supposed to be recited silently. And its the same with the 4 rakah fard zhuhr and asr, the last rakah in magrib fard and the last two rakahs in the isha prayer. But my question is: How do u define whats "silent". I have heard some say that you can read it in your heart(dont say anything just recite in your mind). At the same time I have read that one should move his toungue or lips as well.

But when I read namaz (the sunnat part) I find it very difficult to read in my mind and move my lips/mouth at the same time without any voice coming out of my mouth! I want to read my prayers in the correct manner and therefor I hope that U guys will take time to answer my question: What is the correct manner of performing that sunnat prayers? Is it allowed to recite with words coming out of your mouth when praying the sunnat prayer or is it forbidden?

Salam

Bilal

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bilal2008
07-28-2008, 08:08 PM
I am a sunni muslim so I am seeking answers the sunni way! :statisfie

Makky
07-28-2008, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bilal2008
: What is the correct manner of performing that sunnat prayers? Is it allowed to recite with words coming out of your mouth when praying the sunnat prayer or is it forbidden?

Salam

Bilal
Wa alaykum Assalam Wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

A muslim in All prayers must pronounce All his prayers by mouth , the difference between the Day and the night prayers is How loud or low is your voice in prayer

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: Is it obligatory to move the tongue when reciting Qur’aan in prayer or is it sufficient to say it in one's heart?

He replied:

Recitation must be done with the tongue. If a person recites it in his heart when he is praying, that is not sufficient. The same applies to all other adhkaar; it is not sufficient to recite them in one's heart, rather it is essential to move one's tongue and lips, because they are words to be spoken, and that can only be achieved by moving the tongue and the lips. End quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 13/156

check this Fatwa click here

Bilal2008
07-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Assalamu aleikum
Thank you very much for your reply!

As far as I have understood the silent prayer is to be recited using the toungue and lips. Thats very important. But is the recitation supposed to be: 1. Completely silent, meaning that one should move his toungue/lips with NO words(sound) coming out of his mouth?
2. Or should one recite the prayer in quite manner moving his toungue/lips WITH words coming out of his mouth(with sound)?

I hope you will take time to answer my question!

Salam
Bilal
format_quote Originally Posted by Makky
Wa alaykum Assalam Wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

A muslim in All prayers must pronounce All his prayers by mouth , the difference between the Day and the night prayers is How loud or low is your voice in prayer

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: Is it obligatory to move the tongue when reciting Qur’aan in prayer or is it sufficient to say it in one's heart?

He replied:

Recitation must be done with the tongue. If a person recites it in his heart when he is praying, that is not sufficient. The same applies to all other adhkaar; it is not sufficient to recite them in one's heart, rather it is essential to move one's tongue and lips, because they are words to be spoken, and that can only be achieved by moving the tongue and the lips. End quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 13/156

check this Fatwa click here

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Makky
08-01-2008, 01:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bilal2008
Assalamu aleikum
Thank you very much for your reply!

As far as I have understood the silent prayer is to be recited using the toungue and lips. Thats very important. But is the recitation supposed to be: 1. Completely silent, meaning that one should move his toungue/lips with NO words(sound) coming out of his mouth?
2. Or should one recite the prayer in quite manner moving his toungue/lips WITH words coming out of his mouth(with sound)?

I hope you will take time to answer my question!

Salam
Bilal
Do it as you wish but you should pronounce the letters, for example if you are alone-home- doing your nafl salah- you can hear yourself or even less......and in the masjid among the prayers while doing your fard prayer pronounce a little bit lower inorder not to disturb your brothers who stand next to you..

Muhammadiyoon
09-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Brother Bilal,

The dhuhur prayer, Asr prayer, the last rakkah of the Maghrib prayer, the last two rakkahs of the ^Isha prayer, AS WELL AS, any integrals of prayer that are to be done with the mouth are to be recited in a voice loud enough to hear yourself. This is the way of the sunnah. I guess then that depends on how well you can hear ;) This is the way of the Sunnah.

Muhammadiyoon

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.