/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Universities in London

'Abd-al Latif
07-28-2008, 10:35 PM
:sl:

Can anyone tell me about Islamic Universities in London?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eeman
07-28-2008, 10:39 PM
OMG!!!!
Jazak'Allah khair bro for this thread Wallah i am looking for the same thing, i know there are many online courses but i want to know if anyone knows of an actual university and somewhere where you can gain a full degree, please do help Insha'Allah my duas will always be with you.

ma salama.

Brother_Mujahid
07-29-2008, 12:12 AM
edit:

HumbleServant
07-29-2008, 12:55 AM
Lol. Thats a bit blunt brother Mujahid. ('_')

Im not from London but I've heard of a few which 'seem' good - maybe somebody else can throw more light.

Ebrahim College - www.ebrahimcollege.org.uk
The Muslim College - www.muslimcollege.ac.uk
The Islamic College - www.islamic-college.ac.uk

thats all i know !

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eeman
07-29-2008, 11:03 AM
these are colleges though are there any universities that actually do like degrees in islam, islamic philosphy, law etc?

Brother_Mujahid
07-30-2008, 11:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HumbleServant
Lol. Thats a bit blunt brother Mujahid. ('_')
oh right i thought it was any university/ college not islamic :D

HumbleServant
07-30-2008, 10:27 PM
Lol.

London - School of Oriental African Studies do the same degree.. University of Exeter, University of Wales, University of Leeds, Oxford, lol - i know they're not London but... :D

The only thing is - with any of these 'Arabic' degrees- you have to study abroad, a year, in a Muslim country. If you do just 'Islamic Studies' or 'Middle Eastern Studies' then thats usually 3 years and based wholly in the Uk...

Most of the above do Arabic and Islamic Studies, Arabic Studies, Middle Eastern Studies (more political), Islamic Studies, and so on. It is quite good. Though of course their own opinions (nonmuslim lecturers) tend to come in here there - but thats of course expected, and as long as we have strong faith in our Deen then that will only make us stronger and open our minds to diff views and how to respond. At least at the end of the degree you can get into the non muslim state institutes and teach true Deen in RE - 'qualified' :D

SOAS seems the best though for thy Southern Ends :grumbling - http://www.soas.ac.uk/

OH - islamic law - not sure about the others, but Univ of Leeds do that as an elective - taught by a brilliant teacher, qualified and studied in UK based Bury Darululoom and then followed on to Madinah University - so we're fortunate :D it's worth looking into whichever university you're interested in and asking for the degree programs electives/modules list and details on course structure.

Eeman
07-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Lol.

London - School of Oriental African Studies do the same degree.. University of Exeter, University of Wales, University of Leeds, Oxford, lol - i know they're not London but... :D

The only thing is - with any of these 'Arabic' degrees- you have to study abroad, a year, in a Muslim country. If you do just 'Islamic Studies' or 'Middle Eastern Studies' then thats usually 3 years and based wholly in the Uk...

Most of the above do Arabic and Islamic Studies, Arabic Studies, Middle Eastern Studies (more political), Islamic Studies, and so on. It is quite good. Though of course their own opinions (nonmuslim lecturers) tend to come in here there - but thats of course expected, and as long as we have strong faith in our Deen then that will only make us stronger and open our minds to diff views and how to respond. At least at the end of the degree you can get into the non muslim state institutes and teach true Deen in RE - 'qualified' :D

SOAS seems the best though for thy Southern Ends :grumbling - http://www.soas.ac.uk/

OH - islamic law - not sure about the others, but Univ of Leeds do that as an elective - taught by a brilliant teacher, qualified and studied in UK based Bury Darululoom and then followed on to Madinah University - so we're fortunate :D it's worth looking into whichever university you're interested in and asking for the degree programs electives/modules list and details on course structure.
jazak'Allah khair bro but from the list it seems none are in london where's the londn school of african studies?

HumbleServant
07-30-2008, 11:25 PM
BRO :O :O

SOAS is in London lol - Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG

Eeman
07-31-2008, 12:10 AM
BRO :O :O

SOAS is in London lol - Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG
Omg please forgive me sister, :D my bad!
Jazak'Allah khair sis. you'll be n my duas Insha'Allah.

ma salama

shahrazad
08-01-2008, 12:25 PM
as already mentioned SOAS has lots of courses on Islam including law, art & architecture, mysticism, anthropology of Islam etc...

also Birkbeck, right next to SOAS, has an MA in Islamic studies (evening classes over 2 yrs part time)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.