/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about this confusing hadith on genes

AntiKarateKid
08-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Hey! Heres the deal... I am guilty of reading Islam debates against other religions and one of the critics brought up this hadith.

Anas b. Malik (RA) reported that Umm Sulaim (RA) narrated it that she asked the Apostle of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) about a woman who sees in a dream what a man sees (sexual dream). The Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: In case a woman sees that, she must take a bath. Umm Sulaim (RA) said: I was bashful on account of that and said: Does it happen? Upon this the Apostle of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: Yes (it does happen), otherwise how can (a child) resemble her? Man's discharge (i. e. sperm) is thick and white and the discharge of woman is thin and yellow; so the resemblance comes from the one whose genes prevail or dominate.[Muslim]

Any ideas?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AntiKarateKid
08-02-2008, 09:23 PM
I feel very foolish. The answer was in an article I myself quoted once

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:...ient=firefox-a

Umm Salamah (WA) was referring to fertile FLUID. Astigfarullah and I was so confused before. Women indeed do have it and this thread can now be closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.