/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The torture of Aasiya

TrueStranger
08-03-2008, 03:48 AM
The wife of Fir'awn (Aasiya) was honored by Allah Ta'ala in the Quran:

And Allah has set forth an example for those who believe: the wife of Fir'awn, when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'awn and his actions, and save me from the people who are wrong-doers!"

[Surah at-Tahrim 66:11]

Commenting on this verse, Ibn Kathir spoke about the torture she under went to test her faith:

"Fir'awn's wife used to ask: "Who prevailed (in the conflict between Fir'awn and the Prophets of Allah)?" When she was told that Musa and Harun had prevailed, she said: "I believe in the Lord of Musa and Harun."Fir'awn sent his aides to her and said to them: "Find the biggest stone you can. If she insists on keeping her faith, throw the stone on her. Otherwise, she is still my wife."

They came to her and tortured her under the sun and when the torture session was over, the angels would shade her with their wings and she would look up to the sky and was able to see her house in Paradise. She persisted on her faith until her soul was taken. The heavy stone was then thrown on her lifeless body."

[Tafsir Ibn Kathir; 4/505]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cute123
08-03-2008, 10:53 AM
jazaikhair sis.

ayan333
08-03-2008, 11:16 AM
:sl:

سُوۡرَةُ التّحْریم

وَضَرَبَ ٱللَّهُ مَثَلاً۬ لِّلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ ٱمۡرَأَتَ فِرۡعَوۡنَ إِذۡ قَالَتۡ رَبِّ ٱبۡنِ لِى عِندَكَ بَيۡتً۬ا فِى ٱلۡجَنَّةِ وَنَجِّنِى مِن فِرۡعَوۡنَ وَعَمَلِهِۦ وَنَجِّنِى مِنَ ٱلۡقَوۡمِ ٱلظَّـٰلِمِينَ (١١)

thanks for the post...i love when plp post ayats formt he Quran,i tend remember those then the ones i actully read on my own time

Shukran

:w:

gladTidings
08-03-2008, 11:23 AM
SubhanAllah...such a beautiful verse. She is truly a great example for us, our struggles are nothing compared to hers. May Allah swt give us the ability to understand this. Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.