/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Have Just returned from Mosque, pronounced my Shahada!

hungry4knowhow
08-04-2008, 03:33 AM
Assailma alaikum!

Brothers I have just returned from the Mosque in Des Plaines, IL (if any of you know of it, its on Potter Rd (Chicago Suburb))

And all I can say is WOW, let me tell you this story.

After having the same questions answered on multiple boards I decided I needed to get myself to the Mosque IMMEDIATELY! So, as I do not have a drivers license I did not want this utmost important journey to start off on the wrong foot I decided I wouldnt drive, so I went into my garage and got out my mountain bike that I havent ridden since I lived in Downtown Chicago and what do you know?

The piece that holds the front wheel on was missing, but that was not going to keep me from going to the mosque to do my Shahada, and take part in sunset prayer. I aired up the tires and road it around the block a couple times and felt reasonably comfortable that the forks were going to stay attached to the wheel (its a very well made bike, the forks fit on the wheel which only has a quarter inch on each side for the forks)

I bathed myself, cut my hair and donned my best clothes and set off for the mosque about a 15min bike ride.

When I got there I saw cars and that was a good sign, I entered the mens entrance and there were the signs about shoes and cleanliness, and as I didnt want to disrespect anything I just stood in the entry way and the first man that came in I asked him for help.

He was quite helpful, first asking me how I came to know Islam and why I wanted to do my Shahada, im sure he was just making sure I was sincere because he in the end was one of two brothers that guided me.

So into the mosque and off with the shoes! I was introduced to whom I believe is the Imam or Shiek(not sure which is correct) of the Mosque and he had me sit down and asked me the same things what I know of Islam, and then proceeded to explain to me the real Islam the most simple thing in the world. Taking care of humanity and doing good deeds and remaining peaceful and good hearted so that when our day comes and our lips are tied that our hands and feet will speak good of us and we can walk with Allah in the gloriousness that is the 7th sky. The explanations he gave me were excellant and the descriptions he gave for the 7th sky( I cant think of the proper word for the after life on the good side sorry) were glorious! And he went on about the books that were handed down and explained that Allah made the final changes and gave them to Muhammad in pieces. You all know this so Ill switch. Now it is time for the sunset prayer, the original brother I talked to and a younger one took me to the cleaning room and showed me the proper way to cleanse my body and prepare for prayer, when we were in the prayer room I followed what they did, and afterwards I went in front of the room and recited the Shahada in Arabic and English, then one by one ALL of the Brothers shook my hand hugged me and welcomed me back to Islam! It was amazing! Then after another Brother spoke for a bit and they took Intentions, the younger brother that had helped me learn the correct way to wash answered all of my questions, spoke to me about many things, and basically said if I needed anything to call him. I am sort of leaning on him as my teacher of sorts + he is a bit easier to understand than some of the Older Brothers.

Now for the kicker! I had brought my bookbag with me because I wanted to buy a Quran, surely the Mosque(which doubles as the Muslim Community Center) would have one for sale. NO! NO! NO! Brothers these great Brothers handed me a gift bag that inside of it had a Quran, small books to help with prayers, a kufi, and a set of clothing! WOW! I could not believe it!

Anyway I just wanted to let everyone know my JOY of coming back to Islam, and I wish I had went into the Mosque so much sooner! I was not looked at funny or anything! I cant wait for Sunrise prayer tomorrow at 5:00 so I will be off to bed soon.

Once again thank you Brothers for answering my questions and helping me to convince myself(Like I needed any help, I just needed a shove) to get to the Mosque and pronounce my Shahada and be witnessed correctly.

Thank you thank you thank you! Praise be to Allah and Peace be upon all of you!

Your Brother Steven

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
coddles76
08-04-2008, 03:47 AM
Allahu Akbar,

You sent shivers through my body subhanAllah. I want to wish you all the very best in your steps towards stronger Iman and May Allah SWT grant you mercy and forgiveness on the day of judgement.

Quran 39:23

[23] Allah has revealed the most beautiful Message in the form of a Book, consistent with itself, (yet) repeating (its teaching in various aspects): the skins of those who fear their Lord tremble thereat; then their skins and their hearts do soften to the celebration of Allah's praises. Such is the guidance of Allah: He guides therewith whom He pleases, but such as Allah leaves to stray, can have none to guide.

Eeman
08-04-2008, 03:53 AM
salam alaikum!!!
MASHA'ALLAH brother, see how great and merciful the Almighty Lord is, i pray that He bestows His mercy upon you and keeps you always guided, makes the path easy for you and bestows Jannah upon you Insha'Allah!!!!

cute123
08-04-2008, 06:23 AM
Seriously Akhee welcome to Islam. Islam strengthens by people like you. May Allah bestow His mercy on you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
arabianprincess
08-04-2008, 07:00 AM
salam wa 3lykom

well mashallah 3leek .. im happy for u .. may allah help us all .. :D salamz

Souljette
08-04-2008, 07:50 AM
:sl:

ALLAHU AKBAR!!!..Welcome to Islam brother May Allah (s.w.t) make the path ahead easier for you inshallah Ameen

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
08-04-2008, 10:14 AM
mashaAllaah :D may Allaah preserve your emaan till your last breath :)

FatimaAsSideqah
08-04-2008, 12:01 PM
As Salaam Alaykum

Masha'Allah, our new brother! May Allah Taala bestow you his Mercy and make path to easy for you!

Welcome to read our wonderful threads and most people in here are very friendly and kind.

mutlib
08-04-2008, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
mashaAllaah :D may Allaah preserve your emaan till your last breath :)
Ameen
welcome to the religion of peace and truth

Muhammad
08-04-2008, 12:07 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalaam Warahmatullaahi Wabarakaatuh,

Congratulations! All praise be to Allaah (swt) for guiding you to this noble religion of truth, Alhamdulillah. I truly am happy for this great experience of yours. :)

We are all here to help in any way we can. Let us know if there is anything you need.

May Allaah (swt) keep you firm, increase you in knowledge and understanding of Islam, and make it easy for you, Aameen.

Nájlá
08-04-2008, 12:19 PM
allahu akbar

welcome to islam brother

may allah (swt) make the path easier for u.

ameeeeeeeeeeen to all the dua's above

ayan333
08-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Takbeer ALLAHU AKBAR!!!

Welcome to the Truth!!!!!!!

May ALLAH (SWA) give you strength in Iman and success in this life and in the hereafter.

So Pround to be a Muslim!!!!!!!

:w:

ummAbdillah
08-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Asalamu Alaykum brother, jazakAllah khayr for sharing your experience with us! May Allah keep you firm on the deen and grant your jannah.

Abdul-Raouf
08-04-2008, 01:36 PM
ALLAHU AKBAR!...

Welcome back to Islam... :)

crayon
08-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Awww, reading this almost made me cry! You sound so sincere, it's beautiful.
I hope Allah makes your journey back to islam easy, you're in my duaa's (prayers).

Pk_#2
08-04-2008, 08:48 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Q

I am not falling for this Mr.Steven..Hmph. :BeRightBack:

Umu 'Isa
08-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Masha Allaah congratulations! May Allaah keep you firm on the deen ameen

S1aveofA11ah
08-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Warm welcome brother and aslaamualaikum

Welcome to the world's fastest growing religion - growing faster than the rate of world population growth.

Put 'La illaha illallah Muhammad ar-Rasoolallah' before EVERYTHING and experience the best life in this world and inshallah the hereafter. Beware of the nullifiers of Islam - Shirk, Kufr, Magic etc. Know these basic things well brother and don't get sucked into any groups and Insh'Allah you will feel great!. Peace.

Ansariyah
08-05-2008, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Da'watul-Allaah
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Q

I am not falling for this Mr.Steven..Hmph. :BeRightBack:
????

Allahu Akbar. Welcome back to the Fitrah u were born upon Steven.:sunny:

Pk_#2
08-06-2008, 01:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
????

Allahu Akbar. Welcome back to the Fitrah u were born upon Steven.:sunny:
Jus' mekin sure that he's legit, :BeRightBack:

Welcome to Islaam :thumbs_up , I think.

Danah
08-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Mashallah Brother, Welcome back to your original self. May allah guide you to the best in sha allah and keeps you away from the Satan way in sha allah

Islamic Brother
08-15-2008, 06:10 PM
Ahlan beek to the islam my new brother and may god help you
allah akbar...masha allah you have a very nice story there
i am new to the forum by the way
al slam 3leikoom ya gma3a

silkworm
08-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Brother, Masha'Allah, you have chosen the "exoteric" world against this visible and selfish world - Allahu Akbar. Now that you have come into Islam, you have to be very steadfast as they say that satan runs in yoru bllod. Time to time you will have stupid thoughts, sometimes you will feel like hopeless, most of the times you will be "coaxed" into thinking negative.

This happens broter, stay firm, steadfast and start to read Islamic books, but also have to be very careful what you read, always discuss with your Sheikh or companions, there is a lot of "off-stream" litereature available that is does not portray the religion of Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.