/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion box for Ramadan

جوري
08-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Last year was such a success Masha'Allah, one of the best Ramadan's I had the pleasure of enjoying as well the sweet company of different Muslims here, of course everyone's home recipes and Ramadan diaries was such a delight to read.. I suggest we continue that same tradition this year and again close those sections that contribute nothing and/or add to ones sins by way of engaging in vain discourse ..

This year we have quite a few converts and I'll be curious to their experience and hope the rest of us can give them support and encouragement in any way we can..

Thank you
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sahabiyaat
08-04-2008, 02:39 PM
explain more what we did last yr ...:-[

FatimaAsSideqah
08-04-2008, 02:41 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Good suggestion, sister! Insha'Allah, this year Ramadhan will be successful!

Keep praying, keep to recite duas and make LI Forum to be more successful, Insha'Allah! :D

جوري
08-04-2008, 02:42 PM
lol ukhty

1- we closed off world's affairs forum and Halal fun
2- everyone posted pictures of the iftar they had that day
3-some wrote stories about Ramadan in their region, many shared the preperation their town makes to welcome ramadan like the huge displays of lanterns
4- Many wrote of what they did for that day of fast and it was encouraging and very pleasing to read..
Any other suggestions would be great but I much enjoyed those and was hoping we'd make it a tradition?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sahabiyaat
08-04-2008, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
lol ukhty

3-some wrote stories about Ramadan in their region, many shared the preperation their town makes to welcome ramadan like the huge displays of lanterns
4- Many wrote of what they did for that day of fast and it was encouraging and very pleasing to read..
Any other suggestions would be great but I much enjoyed those and was hoping we'd make it a tradition?

wowwww, i had absolutely no idea :D ....how did i miss this??? :?, dont know, but InshaAllah , sounds great!, so you want to see my cooking :D

جوري
08-04-2008, 02:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
wowwww, i had absolutely no idea :D ....how did i miss this??? :?, dont know, but InshaAllah , sounds great!, so you want to see my cooking :D
of course we want to see your cooking.. lol
hey at least you cook.. that is something I absolutely have no talent in...
I especially enjoyed the Malaysian recipes.. but sister Syllia has been missing a while.. May Allah grant her good health insha'Allah

جوري
08-04-2008, 02:49 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/fasting-...dan-diary.html

sample above

ayan333
08-04-2008, 03:02 PM
lol ukhty

:sl:

Sounds great..i joined not long ago so i didnt know about this.Alhamduliah for internet...atleast for those who use it in a positive way

Insh ALLAH..cant wait

Nájlá
08-04-2008, 05:45 PM
good idea

crayon
08-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Ooh sounds good! It's going to be my first ramadan here on LI inshallah, i'm sure it'll be very interesting and beneficial.

I think Halal fun should be closed again..
I love the "post your iftar" thread idea.
I'd definitely write in the "ramadan diary".

None of those are new, lol, but I'll try to think of something, edit it in when i do inshallah.

Re.TiReD
08-04-2008, 09:12 PM
:salamext:

We should close halal fun and world affairs as before, have a thread to share our experiences and any difficulties we may be facing or maybe that new muslims may be facing. Post up recipes :thumbs_up BUT most importantly I think we should ban all brothers from LI at taraweeh time! *grin* .....*runs away as fast as she can*.... Lol but actually thats wouldnt work since we have members from different countries and their times would be diff...

:wasalamex

FatimaAsSideqah
08-04-2008, 09:15 PM
BUT most importantly I think we should ban all brothers from LI at taraweeh time! *grin* .....*runs away as fast as she can*....

Watch out from brothers! Be beware! Loq.

*grins*

Re.TiReD
08-04-2008, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FatimaAsSideqah

Watch out from brothers! Be beware! Loq.

*grins*

Lol! It'd never work though...what a shame :p a brothers free forum *grin*

MaiCarInMtl
08-05-2008, 01:31 AM
1- we closed off world's affairs forum
But what if something big happens? Where else may I find intelligent debate about topics?!

I'm good with everything else. I'll be super happy to post my meals this year as I won't be eating alone all the time like last year. :D

جوري
08-05-2008, 02:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl
But what if something big happens? Where else may I find intelligent debate about topics?!

I'm good with everything else. I'll be super happy to post my meals this year as I won't be eating alone all the time like last year. :D
It is a month of reclamation, regeneration, reverence, forgiveness, kinship and renewal, I can't imagine anything else taking precedents over it.. at least such wouldn't be amongst Muslims if they wish to enjoy it for what it is and what it means?

peace

north_malaysian
08-05-2008, 02:29 AM
lol ukhty

I love the pics of Ramadan celebration all over the world thread...

Inshallah ...I'll post pics from local daily newspapers of Malaysia, Brunei, Singapore and Indonesia.

And would contribute my own pics of Malaysia during the last weeks of Ramadan and Eid Al Fitr as it's the most colourful and happening celebration in Malaysia...Inshallah.

MaiCarInMtl
08-05-2008, 02:32 AM
It is a month of reclamation, regeneration, reverence, forgiveness, kinship and renewal, I can't imagine anything else taking precedents over it.. at least such wouldn't be amongst Muslims if they wish to enjoy it for what it is and what it means?

peace
Hmmm, ok, fair enough, but what about really happy stories concerning all the things you mentioned above? Or is there a special thread that will be created just about these positive things (sorry, my mind is a bit of a blur re:what was done last year)?

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply.

crayon
08-05-2008, 02:33 AM
OH WAIT, omg!! I'm going to be in Syria this Ramadan!! I forgot! Woooo!! It will be my first one ever, can't wait to see what it will be like. I'll definitely post pictures of whatever "ramadany" things I find.

YAY!:D

north_malaysian
08-05-2008, 02:33 AM
I dont think Muslims are in the mood of debating in Ramadan...so whatever big thing happens...just let it be....:D

I'll be super happy to post my meals this year as I won't be eating alone all the time like last year. :D
It's your second year?

crayon
08-05-2008, 02:34 AM
Hmmm, ok, fair enough, but what about really happy stories concerning all the things you mentioned above? Or is there a special thread that will be created just about these positive things (sorry, my mind is a bit of a blur re:what was done last year)?

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply.
I guess if it's something REALLY BIG it could always go in "general".

north_malaysian
08-05-2008, 02:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
oh wait, omg!! I'm going to be in syria this ramadan!! I forgot! Woooo!! It will be my first one ever, can't wait to see what it will be like. I'll definitely post pictures of whatever "ramadany" things i find.

Yay!:d
yaaay!!!:)

north_malaysian
08-05-2008, 02:37 AM
I especially enjoyed the Malaysian recipes.. but sister Syllia has been missing a while.. May Allah grant her good health insha'Allah
Amin!

جوري
08-05-2008, 03:23 AM
Thank you for all who have replied,.. Insha'Allah I'll pass our reps once I get my rep-ability back..

I don't know if you'll believe me if I told you but spending Ramadan with you last year was the closest I had to being in my home country when I was a little girl and it was peak time, i.e before most of my extended and beloved family members were committed to the ground imsad...

Thank youl.. you warm my heart..

Na7lah
08-05-2008, 03:39 AM
i love the spirit we have here in Ramadhan :D last year the forum waz like dead and Ramadan came "everyone litteraly just woke up" the whole forum was bubbling busy lol i just caaaaaaant wait!

Uthman
08-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Great suggestion! I don't think I was around here for Ramadhan last year, since I don't remember all this happening. Still, it's a good idea, since we should all strive to obtain the maximum benefit out of Ramadhan as we possibly can. That includes blocking out everything that could hinder us from obtaining this benefit.

FatimaAsSideqah
08-05-2008, 01:28 PM

In the month of Ramadhan it is very important that we spent a few moments to understand some of the wisdoms and lessons that we can learn from this month of fasting.

The Prophet (PBUH) said, " Those of you who will live after me will see many differences. Then you must cling to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly guided khaleefahs. Hold fast to it and stick to it." (Abu Dawood)

Insha'Allah, in this month we LI Members sense that there is a possibility for unity, because we all fast together, we break fast together, we all worship Allah Taala together, and we pray Salaatul-`Eid together. Therefore we sense that the unity of Muslims is possible. It is possible for Muslims to be a single body, but this will only be achieved when obedience is only to Allah Taala and His Messenger.

MaiCarInMtl
08-05-2008, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
It's your second year?
Yes, last year I decided to try out the fasting for the month, just to see what the experience is like. I knew a few muslims and wanted to know what it was like physically to go through the fasting (I always like to see what people go through, it expands my frame of reference, etc). I was also looking more and more into Islam so I decided the time was right. I also told God to make this as easy as possible if this is what he wanted me to do. The first 2-3 days were harder simply because my system was adjusting but everything went really well! I got so much out of it (spiritually, mentally, physically, etc) that I decided to make it a yearly thing.

This year though, it might be more religious and hopefully more of an interactive Ramadan.

Sorry, I rambled on didn't I? Sorry.

Na7lah
08-05-2008, 08:15 PM
mashallah ^

there arent many nonmuslims who would actually try the idea of fasting for a whole month, respect ya 4 real I pray that Allah guides u to the straight path :)

Uthman
08-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Yes, last year I decided to try out the fasting for the month, just to see what the experience is like. I knew a few muslims and wanted to know what it was like physically to go through the fasting (I always like to see what people go through, it expands my frame of reference, etc). I was also looking more and more into Islam so I decided the time was right. I also told God to make this as easy as possible if this is what he wanted me to do. The first 2-3 days were harder simply because my system was adjusting but everything went really well! I got so much out of it (spiritually, mentally, physically, etc) that I decided to make it a yearly thing.

This year though, it might be more religious and hopefully more of an interactive Ramadan.

Sorry, I rambled on didn't I? Sorry.
I'm really impressed. :) You have my respect.

glo
08-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Last Ramadan we had a 'Putting peace into practice this Ramadan' thread in the Mixed Female Forum.

How about, here in the Mixed Female Section, we plan to make a gesture of peace and friendship to somebody every day?
Perhaps you think that you do that anyway ...
How about we agree to do a good deed every day specifically to somebody who does not belong to our own religious group?
How about we agree to make dua for peace between our faiths and for world peace in general daily?
I thought it was a very worthwhile thread, and I gained much from it. :)
Perhaps we can extend it to the public forums this year?

Na7lah
08-05-2008, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Last Ramadan we had a 'Putting peace into practice this Ramadan' thread in the Mixed Female Forum.
really nice *goes of to look for it*

it shud be "Putting Peace into Practice Everyday" :D

glo
08-05-2008, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
it shud be "Putting Peace into Practice Everyday" :D
Amen to that, sis!

But Ramadan is a good way of starting to put good intentions into practice ... and hopefully they will continue on afterwards ... :)

MaiCarInMtl
08-06-2008, 12:39 PM
I think it would be great if it were added to the public forums so then everyone can add things in. I already have an idea or two of what I want to do, one of which is... Make blackbean brownies for my coworkers! It sounds nasty but they are actually amazing and really healthy!

glo
08-06-2008, 07:53 PM
I think it would be great if it were added to the public forums so then everyone can add things in.
I agree. :)

I already have an idea or two of what I want to do, one of which is... Make blackbean brownies for my coworkers! It sounds nasty but they are actually amazing and really healthy!
Black bean brownies certainly sound unusual! Can you share the recipe?

MaiCarInMtl
08-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Black bean brownies certainly sound unusual! Can you share the recipe?
As soon as I locate the recipe in my giant recipe stash I'll send it over to you (I just don't know where people can post recipes on this site). I'll probably be sending you the recipe before the weekend as I think I will make a batch for halaqa this weekend.

If I end up making a batch during Ramadan, I will take a pic and put up the recipe with it in the food thread - then everyone can have access to it. :statisfie

Hold on, is there a general recipes thread somewhere?

aamirsaab
08-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Hold on, is there a general recipes thread somewhere?
Your wish is my command:
ta da

manaal
08-08-2008, 11:12 PM
I want to suggest, that we Muslims should focus less on food and more on the faith during Ramadan! have you seen how people rush to the stores close upon Ramdan to stock up all the goodies?

On a different note,
Did you know that by reciting 4 pages (5 for women, you know why) of the Quran after each Salat, one can complete reciting it within a month? Each of should try to do this.

جوري
08-09-2008, 01:32 AM
you can always read digital Quran on your (you know why days) and be up to the same speed.. but what a great idea about less food...seriousely Ramadan in some 'Muslims countries' like Egypt for instance is more of thousand innovation than religious experience.. stuffed with food and ridiculous massive amount of soaps.. sobhan Allah

Khayal
08-09-2008, 02:28 AM
Good Idea! :)

I don't have much to say, as everybody has said everything... I am anxiously waiting for ramadan.

manaal
08-09-2008, 05:14 PM
you can always read digital Quran on your (you know why days) and be up to the same speed.. but what a great idea about less food...seriousely Ramadan in some 'Muslims countries' like Egypt for instance is more of thousand innovation than religious experience.. stuffed with food and ridiculous massive amount of soaps.. sobhan Allah

By soaps, do you mean day-time soaps on tv?
:confused:

Anyway, that's another thing, the TV should be SWITCHED OFF permenantly during Ramadan. It won't kill you to miss your favourite shows for a month. I've tried it and I'm still alive.

julie sarri
08-09-2008, 05:27 PM
yes we should try and cut down on tv and should even try after Ramadan to cut back as well as there is nothing beifiting from tv well apart from peace tv

Uthman
08-09-2008, 06:21 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by julie sarri
yes we should try and cut down on tv and should even try after Ramadan to cut back as well as there is nothing beifiting from tv well apart from peace tv
And Islam Channel, right?

manaal
08-09-2008, 09:49 PM
^ Sorry bro Osman, but IMO Islam Channel is a bit boring compared to Peace TV. But let's get into a debate about that.

Sis Julie Sarri thanks for pointing out that there are beneficial things to watch on tv thanks to the Islamic Channels, Alhamdulillah. we should definitely watch more of that and increase out knowledge of the Dheen.

Ramadhan is a Blessing to sent to us by Allah to train ourselves to be better Human Beings and Better Muslims. Insha Allah, we should all take advantage of this and continue our good habits after Ramadhan as well.

Fishman
08-09-2008, 09:55 PM
But what if something big happens?
Don't worry, if anything big happened outside of Ramadan there wouldn't be any coverage anyway. Even major war declarations, governments of western countries collapsing etc. Begium collapsed a few weeks back and there wasn't a single thread about it!

Where else may I find intelligent debate about topics?!
We have intelligent debate here?

I think they should close the whole site except for Ramadan sections.

BlackMamba
08-10-2008, 01:00 AM
I agree with you all about the whole tv thing the only tv I'll be wathcing in Ramadan is taraweeh from Makkah. And just outta curiousity, do you guys lose weight, stay the same, or gain weigt(yes many ppl do) in Ramadan? I usually stay the same I might lose a few lbs some years.

Na7lah
08-10-2008, 01:15 AM
stay the same ^

bout three more weeks :( why oh why is time takin sooo long :(

MaiCarInMtl
08-11-2008, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by manaal
I want to suggest, that we Muslims should focus less on food and more on the faith during Ramadan! have you seen how people rush to the stores close upon Ramdan to stock up all the goodies?
Sorry, I don't mean to discuss food mainly, but I am a foody and I am excited that I will not be eating alone so much this year, also I will be cooking for others most of the time so I do want to plan nutritious meals that are balanced, yummy but not overstuffing.

Fishman: Belgium collapsed? Perhaps I heard soemthing but I don't even recall this, and I listen to talk radio all day and download news podcasts (granted, I only started downloading them 10 days ago though)...

Aamirsaab: than you for the recipe thread link! Mucha ppreciated!

Fishman
08-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Fishman: Belgium collapsed? Perhaps I heard soemthing but I don't even recall this, and I listen to talk radio all day and download news podcasts (granted, I only started downloading them 10 days ago though)...
Yes, the Belgian government collapsed about a month or so ago. There was speculation about it breaking up.

Danah
08-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Actually I am very exited to see how the beginning of next Ramadhan will look like in LI since I have joined the forum on the end of the last Ramadhan
in sha allah every one will get benefit
May Allah accept our ibadat in this Ramadhan ....Ameen

Danah
08-12-2008, 10:16 AM
I just came up with this idea this morning:)
Why we dont organize a Quran competition for how many times we recite the whole Quran in Ramadhan
I think this will create competition among the members to read more in the holy month

muslimma
08-12-2008, 11:15 AM
dpends^

it may alter peoples niyaa for reading..:S

BlackMamba
08-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Ya but if you do a competition people will just start reading for winning. They'll start reading without meaning, without tajweed, and without memoizing. It is better to read it once but actually read and gain some knowledge.

Danah
08-12-2008, 04:19 PM
actually it will depend on everyone's niya, but it will be a good chance for those who find themselves lazy to read, this will excite them to read when they see everyone excited to that
My point is to compete in Khair and righteousness, PS we cant ask everyone to make sure that they are really reading Quran properly

22 - Truly the Righteous will be in Bliss:23 - On Thrones (of Dignity) will they command a sight (of all things):24 - Thou wilt recognize in their Faces the beaming brightness of Bliss.25 - Their thirst will be slaked with Pure Wine sealed:26 - The seal thereof will be musk: and for this let those aspire, who have aspirations:
(38:22-26 )

manaal
08-13-2008, 09:42 PM
^ Or instead of having a competition, it could be a "Qur'an Diary", where members post how much they managed to recite that day, and how they are progressing?

But first we have to make sure that it's ok in Islam to do so. Is there a Hadeeth or Quranic Ayath about not showing off how religious you are?

جوري
08-13-2008, 10:03 PM
I think there are places where you can showcompetition , one is in religiosity, and the other in acquisition of useful knowledge.. I am not sure about the third..we are talking healthy competition of course not the sort mean to disparage or humiliate..

and Allah knows best

crayon
08-13-2008, 10:24 PM
I personally wouldn't participate in that, riyaa' is just too big of a deal, i'd rather not have to worry about my intention of doing things. Other people may feel differently, though.

crayon
08-16-2008, 11:44 PM
Posted this in the other thread (http://www.islamicboard.com/puzzles-humour/134269966-halal-haram-quiz.html ), but thought I'd post here as well:

"Before this thread gets shut down, let me just say that this was actually a really cool idea... Maybe we could do a daily/weekly thing like this for ramadan? But with answers that are more difficult, and that require a bit of research? I don't think I will have time to doorganize it, but if anyone is willing I'm sure it would be very beneficial for all of us, muslims and non muslims alike. Maybe 5 questions or so every quiz? And a scoreboard or something so there can be one final winner at the end of the month? I'd so participate!!"

Danah
08-17-2008, 12:22 AM
I am not sure about this but showing what you are doing is sometimes good, becuase by doing so you are encouraging the other to do even more than you
but if the intent of showing is just to let the people know how much you are religious is definitely haram and its called (rya'a)

glo
08-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Another Ramadan suggestion:

For those members who don't own a copy of the Qu'ran, how about a thread for a daily reading of the Qu'ran?
Possibly enough to read through the whole Qu'ran in the period of Ramadan?

BlackMamba
08-22-2008, 06:42 PM
If u don't own a Quran then go to quranflash.com it's the coolest sight ever. It's like a virtual Quran, you can even turn the pages lol

glo
08-22-2008, 06:46 PM
I know I can, Shakoor.
I was just wondering if it was a beneficial Ramadan exercise to 'read the Qu'ran together', if you see what I mean ...

H4RUN
08-22-2008, 11:52 PM
I think you should deliver dates to all the members :D:D i'd be making a few more accounts :D:D:D:D

------
08-24-2008, 03:43 PM
lol ukhty

Things like this are kool!!

Güven
08-24-2008, 08:50 PM
^Yeah That Sound Awesomee !!! Cant Wait To spent Ramadan With LI :statisfie, One Week Left InshAllah!!

------
08-25-2008, 03:18 PM

I deffo want this to happen InshaaAllaah

glo
08-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Have any decisions been made by the mods with regards to forum sections being closed during Ramadan?

I think it might be useful for members (Muslims and non-Muslims alike) to know and be prepared for it.

Can somebody let us know, please?

aamirsaab
08-27-2008, 08:43 PM
World affairs will probably be closed. Don't know bout the rest. Maybe comparative religion.

Heck, maybe we'll close the entire forum, lol.

Afifa
08-27-2008, 08:45 PM
:sl: ooh ma first Ramadhan on LI
can't wait :D

Güven
08-27-2008, 08:51 PM
loool at Aamirsaab :D

I think you should close the whole general sections except advice and General
,General and Ramadan would be the main Section For us , dunno

جوري
08-27-2008, 08:59 PM
I think the sections that allow for heated arguments are the only ones that should be closed.. mainly comparative, refutations, world affairs and the 'fun section'.. other than that, everyone will have health issues, or emotional issues, or learning issues, or multimedia issues.. I don't see why at all they should be closed.. but that is just my opinion..
plus where else can we talk of 'ramdanyat' or ramadan diaries, except under general?

Güven
08-27-2008, 09:02 PM
yep thats what I meant ,
general should be our Main Section , Soo more people could joining us

جوري
08-27-2008, 09:11 PM
we get a large conversion crowd in Ramadan.. I'd hate to think they can't find support amidst their new brothers and sisters

Na7lah
08-28-2008, 12:23 AM
only a few more days :D :D can harldly wait :D :D

glo
08-28-2008, 06:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
If u don't own a Quran then go to quranflash.com it's the coolest sight ever. It's like a virtual Quran, you can even turn the pages lol
That's neat, Shakoor ... but I can't read Arabic. :(

coddles76
08-28-2008, 06:14 AM
Another Ramadan suggestion:

For those members who don't own a copy of the Qu'ran, how about a thread for a daily reading of the Qu'ran?
Possibly enough to read through the whole Qu'ran in the period of Ramadan?
I like that suggestion. I just hope the actual people who read it, read it with intent and allow it to enter there hearts sincerely.

Nice suggestion Glo

------
08-28-2008, 10:04 AM

^ Yeh that would be 1 saparah/juzz a day init.

Plz close down Puzzles and Humour section in ramadan inshaAllaah as well.

manaal
08-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Who's going to bell the cat then? We've got all these suggestions for new threads, who's going to do it? Will the suggester be the thread starter?

Muhammad
08-30-2008, 05:19 PM

I'm not too keen on the idea of seeing who can recite the Qur'an the most number of times, as this is likely to cause people to focus more on finishing the Qur'an than actually reflecting over it and may cause them to neglect reading it in its proper manner.

About the daily reading one, perhaps more detail can be given about what is meant? Whatever action we do undertake, let us remember to be cautious that we do not contradict the authentic sunnah Insha'Allaah.

Have any decisions been made by the mods with regards to forum sections being closed during Ramadan?

I think it might be useful for members (Muslims and non-Muslims alike) to know and be prepared for it.

Can somebody let us know, please?
Most likely, it will be World Affairs, Comparative Religion and Puzzles & Humour Insha'Allaah.

Al-Hanbali
08-30-2008, 10:45 PM

I think one thing we could all try to do by the end of Ramadhaan is read the whole Qur'aan at least once; if not in Arabic, then minimum we should aim to read it in a language which we understand. Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) has commanded us to ponder over the Qur'aan:

"Will they then not contemplate the Qur'an? Or are there locks upon (their) hearts (from understanding it)?" [Surah Muhammad, Ayah 24]

------
08-31-2008, 09:03 AM

We should also try and memorise something from the Qur'aan;

[54:32] And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?

Muezzin
08-31-2008, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Most likely, it will be World Affairs, Comparative Religion and Puzzles & Humour Insha'Allaah.
Finally, a legitimate excuse to delay the 'Masters of Might, Magic and Monday Mornings' thread replies. :)

------
08-31-2008, 11:45 AM

^ Not like you never delayed them before :mmokay:

Nájlá
08-31-2008, 01:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Finally, a legitimate excuse to delay the 'Masters of Might, Magic and Monday Mornings' thread replies. :)
hey u need to sort out my problem before the section gets closed.

manaal
09-02-2008, 03:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saifur-Rahmaan

I think one thing we could all try to do by the end of Ramadhaan is read the whole Qur'aan at least once; if not in Arabic, then minimum we should aim to read it in a language which we understand. Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) has commanded us to ponder over the Qur'aan:

"Will they then not contemplate the Qur'an? Or are there locks upon (their) hearts (from understanding it)?" [Surah Muhammad, Ayah 24]
And those who do not know Arabic should make this an opportnity to learn to read the Quran in Arabic. I'm sure quran recital classes are conducted in most masjids around the world.

faizan786
09-03-2008, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by manaal
And those who do not know Arabic should make this an opportnity to learn to read the Quran in Arabic. I'm sure quran recital classes are conducted in most masjids around the world.
Yes Indeed.

This is extremely important. Understanding what you're reading means everything.

------
10-02-2008, 10:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

^ Yeh that would be 1 saparah/juzz a day init.

Plz close down Puzzles and Humour section in ramadan inshaAllaah as well.

InshaaAllaah time to open them???

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.