/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How Safe Is The Forum...

chacha_jalebi
08-09-2008, 02:39 AM
as salaam ma alaykam

elo ello

well well, how safe is the forum? like as a joke, my cousin was able to hack my id and even post some crap early eid thread thingyy, so is hackin jus one of them things where you just deal with it and move on or like can somethin be done .... because like anyone can get hacked and members in the past have been hacked innaaay

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
arabianprincess
08-09-2008, 03:21 AM
yeah i always wondered how..... :D i wish i know ... i ll just wait until i take a computer class .. hmmm not that i want to hack into ppls stuff... BUt i do find it interestin :) salamz

Re.TiReD
08-09-2008, 12:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
as salaam ma alaykam

elo ello

well well, how safe is the forum? like as a joke, my cousin was able to hack my id and even post some crap early eid thread thingyy, so is hackin jus one of them things where you just deal with it and move on or like can somethin be done .... because like anyone can get hacked and members in the past have been hacked innaaay
Wa'alaykum salam

That was you :mmokay: :p

Dont deny it...get the mods to check your IP and you'll find that it was yours :rollseyes :p

But.....You know....I guess hacking is fairly easy...although if you're a mod you have a lot of member info ya know. I was Super Mod on a VB forum and the IP info told me the city that a sis lived in....:skeleton:

:wasalamex

chacha_jalebi
08-09-2008, 12:42 PM
ofcourse ip mine he hacked infrnt meee.

on Li i dont think mods can find addresses, i hope not anyway :D

problem solved "just change your password" solved indeed :muddlehea

thread may be disposed of:p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Whatsthepoint
08-09-2008, 12:43 PM
You're back?

Re.TiReD
08-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Sheeshness!

Stop disposing of threads yer good for nuffin mod :mmokay:

Only kiddin *outta* :p

Anyway yeh no need to be scared people, no one can hack into anyfin....well they can but dont wuri abt it :D

Re.TiReD
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
You're back?
Nope its his evil twin...or cousin :blind:

chacha_jalebi
no i came to complain and share a few lines lol:embarrass

Re.TiReD
08-09-2008, 12:46 PM
no i came to complain and share a few lines lol:embarrass
Mission accomplished....now go :) :D

Whatsthepoint
08-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Don't go, just stop closing down good threads.

chacha_jalebi
08-09-2008, 12:56 PM
:( all this hate, i only do my job :( and why are we goin off topic lol and then you blame meeee :mmokay:

waji
08-09-2008, 01:06 PM
:sl:

chacha jee i think there is another problem with the LI forum i hope u have noticed it also
The problem is that when you log in (without password remembering option) when ever you close the browser without logging off and if someone else opens LI page in the browser even after a restart he will be viewing me as logged on so he doesn't even need to hack
have you notice this problem why LI remembers the password or keeps us log on

:w:

chacha_jalebi
08-09-2008, 01:12 PM
^ no puttar ji,

but thats why i made the thread because in the past, some members got hacked aswell,apparently its all Vb forums

anywho :threadclo

Re.TiReD
08-09-2008, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wkas

chacha jee i think there is another problem with the LI forum i hope u have noticed it also
The problem is that when you log in (without password remembering option) when ever you close the browser without logging off and if someone else opens LI page in the browser even after a restart he will be viewing me as logged on so he doesn't even need to hack

WassalamuAlaykum

You need to log out and clear cookies and everything insha'Allah, if you dont log off or clear cookies your info stays there, its not a problem, nor is it strange or a fault, its just the way it works. Try logging out, clearing cookies and web history for maximum security.

WassalamuAlaykum

m102313
08-09-2008, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
WassalamuAlaykum

You need to log out and clear cookies and everything insha'Allah, if you dont log off or clear cookies your info stays there, its not a problem, nor is it strange or a fault, its just the way it works. Try logging out, clearing cookies and web history for maximum security.

WassalamuAlaykum

It's nothing to do with your cookies, the browser cookies are stored on your computer, you don't have to delete these unless you have a hacker living at home with you, using your computer. I don't think so being hacked on an Islamic forum is much of a problem, they won't gain much on this forum, they mostly go for large high tech forums.

Fishman
08-09-2008, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wkas

That's only a problem if the hacker lives in your own home though. If that's the case will probably just be an annoying sibling rather than somebody trying to ruin your life.

Re.TiReD
08-09-2008, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker

It's nothing to do with your cookies, the browser cookies are stored on your computer, you don't have to delete these unless you have a hacker living at home with you, using your computer. I don't think so being hacked on an Islamic forum is much of a problem, they won't gain much on this forum, they mostly go for large high tech forums.

:wasalamex!

Akhee! How are you? :ooh:

He's just asking why people are able to log in when he closes the page but doesnt log out...If I close the browser without logging out then I can access it again....but if I clear cookies then I have to log in again....isnt that right?

WassalamuAlaykum

Sahabiyaat
08-14-2008, 04:50 PM
as salaam ma alaykam

elo ello

my cousin was able to hack my id and even post some crap early eid thread thingyy,
that early early eid prezzie thread wasnt for real :cry::cry::cry:
*want a eid prezzie:laugh:*

Re.TiReD
08-14-2008, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
that early early eid prezzie thread wasnt for real :cry::cry::cry:
*want a eid prezzie:laugh:*
:mmokay:

We got him back didnt we? :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.