/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam/Christian speakers Corner debate documentary online now

justinbrierley
08-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Greetings

Go to www.premier.org.uk/unbelievable to listen to a recent documentary I produced on the debates that go on between Muslims and Christians at Speakers' Corner in Hyde Park, London.

It follows the work of controversial evangelist Jay Smith as he draws hundreds of Muslims to listen to the open-air debates he hosts with clerics and speakers. Click on the Audio Clip titles "Up the Ladder in Hyde Park".

www.premier.org.uk/unbelievable

You may also be interested to listen to the archive of past studio discussion programmes, which often feature Muslim/Christian debate.

Justin

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
08-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Hello Justin,

Welcome to the forum :).

Apologies for the delay in approving the thread. I don't know much about your discussion programmes, although I am interested to find out more from reading replies of those who respond.

Regards.

YusufNoor
08-28-2008, 01:41 PM
:sl:

Jay Smith is a bore who can't keep his lies straight. better to watch Eesa and Abdullah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk1pgUmpnpM

you can also piece together their entire "Is the bible corrupted?" set from that link. it is very interesting!

edit: Jay Smith is featured in the "Is the bible corrupted?" series

:w:

glo
08-28-2008, 04:05 PM
I happened to listen to part of the programme Justin mentioned in the OP.

Those Speaker's Corner debaters really must have guts and stamina!
I remember being impressed by how fair and balanced Jay tried to organise the debate - in terms of timing for each speaker, topics etc, etc.
Not easy with the amount of yelling and heckling that goes on ...

Out of interest, has anybody here ever listened to speakers at Speaker's Corner?
Or debated there yourself?

To be honest I cannot imagine ever sharing my faith in any other way than calmly between friendly and open people, and ideally over a nice cup of tea! :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
justinbrierley
08-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Thanks Muhammad!

glo
08-30-2008, 07:44 AM
Yusuf, I am being nosey, I know ... but are these two 'our' Eesa and Muhammed here in LI?

YusufNoor
08-30-2008, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Yusuf, I am being nosey, I know ... but are these two 'our' Eesa and Muhammed here in LI?

erm, i believe not [at least not Eesa]

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.