/* */

PDA

View Full Version : But by Allah...

Abu Hafs
08-11-2008, 11:25 PM
بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
الحمد الله
Anas رضي الله عنه reported: When Allah’s Messenger صلى الله عليه و سلم came to Madinah, Abu Talhah took hold of my hand and brought me to Allah’s Messenger صلى الله عليه و سلم and said: Allah’s Messenger, Anas is a prudent young boy, and he will serve you. He (Anas) said: I served him in journey and at home, but, by Allah, he never asked me about a thing which I did as to why I did so, nor about a thing which I did not do as to why I had not done that. [Sahih Muslim]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abu Hafs
08-12-2008, 06:13 AM
بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Wa iyyaka akhi

Germanrose20
08-12-2008, 06:51 AM
Masha'Allah, Thank you Brother for this post.

Salaams

glo
08-12-2008, 07:01 AM
Greetings, all :)

Can somebody explain this story?
What is it saying/teaching?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu Hafs
08-12-2008, 07:23 AM
Hi,

this story shows the sublime and the beautiful character of our Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم that he was served by Anas رضي الله عنه for 10 years and when he would do a mistake, i.e. not do an act that he was told to be done or the act which he did which he was not supposed to do, Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم never asked him the reason why he didn't do that act since he صلى الله عليه و سلم said (not mentioned in the narration above), "Whatever was to come will come and whatever is not going to happen will not happen." Meaning he صلى الله عليه و سلم had reliance (Tawakkul in Arabic) in Allah سبحانه و تعالىthat whatever would happen would be good and Allah سبحانه و تعلى knows best.

I know it's a bit complicated. If you have any other questions, please do ask.

glo
08-12-2008, 07:45 AM
Thank you, Abu Hafs :)

IbnAbdulHakim
08-12-2008, 09:31 AM
also it should be noted that during the prophets time (sallallahi alaihi wasallaam) slaves and servants use to get treated like dirt by the nobles, yet the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam treated his servants better then a mother treats their children.

MashaAllaah... peace be upon him

------
08-12-2008, 09:32 AM
"Whatever was to come will come and whatever is not going to happen will not happen."
Deepness...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.