/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can i read and learn Surah's without Wudhu?

abbas_ali
08-15-2008, 12:31 AM
Salaam all,

I want to learn some new Surah's but i wanted to ask can i read these without Wudha?

Also just to recite Surah's in my head, do i require Wudha for this? Since often i do not have Wudha in the middle of the day but i am reciting in my head.

Jazakallahkhair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
08-16-2008, 11:33 AM
:sl:

Thread Approved.

When touching the Qura'an it is necessary to have Wudhu, however when reciting without touching the Qura'an i.e in your head then Wudhu is not required.

waAllahu A'lam

:w:

Makky
08-22-2008, 01:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Baari
:sl:

Thread Approved.

When touching the Qura'an it is necessary to have Wudhu, however when reciting without touching the Qura'an i.e in your head then Wudhu is not required.

waAllahu A'lam

Jazak Allahbrother Abdul baari BUT it seems that theasking brother is not asking about the Arabic Mushaf . I think he is asking about the traslation , anyway.. I posted the follwong answer to clear the diffrence between the Arabic Mushaf and the translation :

By the Way the sister who asked this Question embraced Islam Allhamdulillah,

the Question :

Clever guess on the part of a Christian woman
Assalamu Alaikum,
I am a Christian who is very interested in Islam and I am currently reading a translation of the Koran in my language. I know that women should not touch the Koran while having their menses but since translations are not regarded as the word of God and therefore not equal to the Arabic text, I'd like to know if not touching the Koran during menses also applies to translations.
Thank you very much for your help

the answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

You have hit the nail on the head: your guess is correct. A translation is not like the Mus-haf (Arabic text of the Qur’aan) and the same rules do not apply. A translation is like a tafseer (commentary), and so a menstruating woman is allowed to touch it. Your analysis of this matter demonstrates astute reasoning and excellent thinking skills, which makes us feel that you will soon embrace Islam; may Allaah guide you to all good.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/3100

unknown_JJ
08-22-2008, 01:24 PM
so are we not allowed to read arabic quranic text of like say...the computer screen or a piece of paper (other than the actual quran) without wudu......

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Makky
08-23-2008, 03:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by unknown_JJ
so are we not allowed to read arabic quranic text of like say...the computer screen or a piece of paper (other than the actual quran) without wudu......
Reciting Quran or reading is allowed without wudu but touching the mushaf is not allowed without wudu

for the computer screen its ok
a piece of paper from the mushaf no , from another book containing verses : its ok

please read the links i posted

nazam786
02-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Great info thanks alot

malayloveislam
02-17-2009, 11:41 AM
How about with the tafseer of Quran with its translation side by side, do we need to perform wudhu' as well? Thanks in advance.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.